PDA

View Full Version : Remember the game Mousetrap?

Rase
11-15-2006, 07:49 AM
Aparrently some folks do. (http://www.zeronews-fr.com/flash/the-incredible-machine.php)

Anyway, did you ever build things that used complicated ways to do simple tasks? (I know there's a term for those machines, but can't remember it.)

Also, anyone know what they say whenever their thing's done?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-15-2006, 09:12 AM
(I know there's a term for those machines, but can't remember it.)<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rube_Goldberg_machine">Rube Goldberg machines</a>.

Breine
11-15-2006, 09:26 AM
That was a delightful video.

Hmm, I think I made one of these like once or so... it's never been a real hobby of mine.

Iceglow
11-15-2006, 10:41 AM
I remember the board game mousetrap yes, I hated it! with a passion! I don't care much in these days but still. it annoyed the hell out of me back then as a kid. Apparently it's still available.

Miriel
11-15-2006, 11:10 AM
(I know there's a term for those machines, but can't remember it.)<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rube_Goldberg_machine">Rube Goldberg machines</a>.
The Goldberg project I had to do for my Physics class SAVED MY ASS. It totally bumped me a whole letter grade which made all those hours slaving away at the stupid thing worth it.

Timerk
11-15-2006, 12:13 PM
I could never get the Mousetrap to work right, there was always a problem with the guy falling into the bathtub.

Polaris
11-15-2006, 12:54 PM
No I never did, but i love those things :D

Jowy
11-15-2006, 02:02 PM
I never bothered reading the instructions and just kept watching the fruits of my labor catch the little mouse.

bipper
11-15-2006, 02:08 PM
In Wisconsin, the game just comes with a 10 gauge shot gun. No lie.

Fatal Impurity
11-15-2006, 02:25 PM
In Wisconsin, the game just comes with a 10 gauge shot gun. No lie.

i wish......does it come loaded? or do you have to buy monopoly for that?

bipper
11-15-2006, 02:38 PM
It comes loaded - you have to provide your own mice though. Should see our Wisconsin televisions after a round of duck hunt though :( It is a bad sight.

Rocket Edge
11-15-2006, 02:40 PM
I used to love Mouse Trap, but the excitment would only last a couple of hours, it would set off and that would be it. :/

Fatal Impurity
11-15-2006, 02:43 PM
It comes loaded - you have to provide your own mice though. Should see our Wisconsin televisions after a round of duck hunt though :( It is a bad sight.

roast duck....yum :D

Quindiana Jones
11-15-2006, 04:35 PM
I love things like that. They are so cool. Like the Honda ad :drool:

I probably have, and then realised the simple method. Ah well.

Ethanol Dreams
11-16-2006, 05:53 PM
Some people have way too much time! :p
It was great, though.

I still have Mousetrap, but some of the pieces were missing, so me and my sister took random stuff from the house to improvise, it worked! (Kinda, we had the same problem as Timerk, with the guy and the bathtub.)

We had another board game, "Grape Escape." You made grapes out of plasticine and put them on a small track. It was a lot like Mouse Trap, but instead of catching the grape it sliced it in half/squished it etc...

It was great fun! :D