PDA

View Full Version : Impossible Odds

Christmas
11-15-2006, 04:32 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/MANUSY23.jpg

:oscar:CATCH THE MANUS IN ACTION.:oscar:

:monster:AVAILABLE AT ALL LOCAL CINEMAS.:monster:

Have you ever overcome a challenge or something that you thought it was impossible for you to do so? Share your precious experiences with us. :bigsmile:

The Devil Man
11-15-2006, 04:40 PM
When Devil Man was younger he thought it was IMPOSSIBLE for him to get any more HANDSOME and SEXIER then he already was... :sad:...

HE WAS WRONG!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

For now Devil Man is EVEN MORE of a stud ;)

So yup. Devil Man overcame the challenge he thought was impossible by getting more sexier :drool:

Chloe.
11-15-2006, 04:42 PM
MANUS is teh sex. :bigsmile:

Anyway....ermmm....I made scrambled egg, which I never thought I would be able to do. ^__^ It was very yummy. :p

EDIT: PINK HAIR ROCKS! :bigsmile:

Martyr
11-15-2006, 05:32 PM
Hell no!

Are you kidding? Once I failed at something, a jumping competition, I think, and I never thought that it was possible for me to fail.
But I don't like to talk about that bizarre event, and nothing like that has ever happened since.

Craig
11-15-2006, 05:33 PM
I'll tell you whether I have after my job interview tomorrow.

Iceglow
11-15-2006, 05:47 PM
when my jaw got shattered I was left with no confidence and no one thought I would pick myself up again. People used to take the piss when I went out and for many months I didn't. Everyone for a while myself included thought I would stop living my life properly. But against the odds I found myself back out there and turning my shattered jaw in to a positive thing, about the best I can do.

Edit Now for the clarified one that Martyr asked for.

My upper jaw got shattered and I lost both the upper front teeth, I almost lost the 4 upper front teeth but the two to either side managed to recover with the jaw.

As a direct result of this I went from happily going and enjoying myself at weekends and on week nights to a person who had zero confidence. Confidence had been one of my biggest assests, it had kept me going when I had nothing else going for me. To lose my confidence was scary, I wouldn't even speak after the injury where as as before I was a chatter-box.

I got a lot of hassle from people when I went out, I got called names and it hurt, other people would sing songs such as "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" and stuff I got really down about it and completely stopped leaving the house for a few weeks, my college were sending work over for me to do and I was seemingly happy never stepping foot outside my door.

Everyone thought that was it, that I had stopped being me and become this total introvert who wouldn't leave home except for the numerous dental appointments to make sure it was healing well.

After they could finally take moulds and give me a plate to wear I was no better, sure I could eat and stuff but I had settled in to this sheltered little life at home.

I managed to beat those feelings and as I am sure anyone on here who has spoken to me will tell you I am more of a chatter-box than ever and I have confidence by the bucket load.

now does it make sense?

Martyr
11-15-2006, 05:52 PM
when my jaw got shattered I was left with no confidence and no one thought I would pick myself up again. People used to take the piss when I went out and for many months I didn't. Everyone for a while myself included thought I would stop living my life properly. But against the odds I found myself back out there and turning my shattered jaw in to a positive thing, about the best I can do.

That's an interesting post, but it also makes no sense at all. Can you calrify it?

I got that your jaw was shattered, but I can't figure out any other effcts or what was impossible about the situation.

EDIT: Iceglow, Got It. Thanks! :)

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-15-2006, 06:35 PM
When Devil Man was younger he thought it was IMPOSSIBLE for him to get any more HANDSOME and SEXIER then he already was... :sad:...

HE WAS WRONG!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

For now Devil Man is EVEN MORE of a stud ;)

So yup. Devil Man overcame the challenge he thought was impossible by getting more sexier :drool:

WOW... you really love yourself... hehe...

I stayed at college today.... HUGE achievement.. espescially on a Wednesday.

Vikeve
11-15-2006, 08:26 PM
I finaly got over my addiction to soda.:)

I now can't start the moring withought chocolate milk but thats better than nothing.

Owen Macwere
11-15-2006, 08:58 PM
No, Masmas. I always win my challenges. I am superman!.:bigsmile:

Spammerman
11-15-2006, 11:46 PM
No, Masmas. I always win my challenges. I am superwoman!!!.:bigsmile:
There. Fixed it.

I nvr thought Id have girlfriend, let alone ask this one girl out, but manned up and she said yes. Were such a sexy couple;)

Sefie1999AD
11-16-2006, 12:06 AM
There's a lecturer who's usually so dry that he makes the students fall asleep. The lectures last for 2 x 45 minutes, and my friends and I usually fell asleep during the first 15 minutes or so. Once I decided to go there and try to stay awaken. I hadn't drank coffee, energy drinks or anything that would make me more brisk. I just went there, and while my friends fell asleep, I didn't even get tired, fall asleep or get the "lights out for a while" effect during the 2 x 45 minutes. My friends asked me if I was badly ill or something because I couldn't fall asleep on that lecture. :D

fire_of_avalon
11-16-2006, 01:37 PM
Owen and linknumbers, cut the crap, pronto.

Shaun
11-16-2006, 01:47 PM
Rofl, you're a real artist, Christmas. :) I think Bender from Futurama would beat Old Manus in a fight.

And no, I haven't really overcome anything lately. Moving out should be one soon though.

Levian
11-16-2006, 02:05 PM
Doing something that is impossible really makes the word impossible useless. This is also the only the reason why I've never seen any of the mission impossible movies.

I have done something against the odds, though. Like getting a C for all 3 of my maths exams.

Nice drawing, btw.