PDA

View Full Version : was it the first final fantasy you completed?

chrisfffan
11-15-2006, 08:26 PM
this final fantasy was the first one I completed it wasn’t the first ff game I got but I went on to this one after getting bored and stuck with 8 I think its the best final fantasy to play first I didn’t like it to begin with but the more I played it the more I liked it I don’t think its the best one but to introduce you to final fantasy its great I completed them in reverse order this one 8 and 7 I completed X as well even though it was crap!

Zeromus_X
11-15-2006, 09:16 PM
The first one I actually completed was Final Fantasy VI.

Rantz
11-15-2006, 10:30 PM
This was my first game to acquire and complete, yes. It was definitely a great one to start with, but a problem with that for me was that when I got VII I kind of expected it to have the same graphics and gameplay, but a different story (I know it's a stupid assumption to make, I just hadn't thought about it much). So at first I was kind of surprised and lost the urge to play it. But I gave it a chance, and it grew on me.

I got VIII later with a more open mind, and that too grew on me. Those are the only Final Fantasies I own and have completed, sadly. And although I love all three of them, IX is still my favourite.

Sefie1999AD
11-16-2006, 12:41 AM
Final Fantasy IX was the *counts* 4th FF I completed, and it's my second favorite FF. I first played and beat FFVII twice, then I got some other FFs. I played and beat FFVI, and I also got FFIV and FFV. I liked FFIV, although it was quite hard. I didn't really like FFV, though. I got FFVIII, which I played and beat. Then I got FFIX, and I really enjoyed playing the game. After I beat IX, I think I beat IV, and it was pretty fun. After hesitating to give FFV another chance for a long time, I finally decided to play it, and it seemed to grow on me, and I ended up liking FFV a lot, especially the gameplay.

Darth Cid
11-16-2006, 12:46 AM
No, my first was FFIV, but I still think Zidane & Garnet would pwn Cecil & Rosa. But that's just my opinion.

Yuffie514
11-16-2006, 01:23 AM
nope. it was Final Fantasy VIII, then followed by Final Fantasy VII, until it stopped here. i would've beaten Final Fantasy VII earlier, but i had deleted my file perhaps right around the Northern Crater area.

spartancode117
11-16-2006, 01:34 AM
This was my first and favorite. ive played thru it at least 3 times.

and above, about the deleted file, i feel you man. in 9, i was about to fight garland, and my whole memery card erased. no friggin clue why, but i was pissed.

VengefulRonin
11-16-2006, 09:01 AM
Yep, the first FF i bought and completed...and since i bought it like...uh...4 years ago? Maybe 5? I've beaten it 4 more times...so yeah, five files in total...the only other FF i've had multiple files on was X, and i've only played it twice...unless you count that one file that got erased when i was on Mt Gagazet...man, how many people does this happen to? o_O

Christmas
11-16-2006, 09:48 AM
The first one I actually completed was Final Fantasy VI.

Me too. :bigsmile:

Nasarian Altimeros
11-16-2006, 10:46 AM
Completing FFIX without competing any of other games in the series first is kind of missing the point of the game...

Rantz
11-16-2006, 10:54 AM
Completing FFIX without competing any of other games in the series first is kind of missing the point of the game...
You're talking like Final Fantasy IX couldn't stand on it's own legs. It can, as I said before it was the first FF I played and it was what got me into the world of Final Fantasy. What you're saying is like saying you're missing the point of [insert application here] if you haven't discovered the eater eggs in it yet. Sure, it may contain tons of references, but it's still a game.

Nasarian Altimeros
11-16-2006, 11:19 AM
Don't get me wrong, FFIX is a fantasic game in its own right but the game becomes at least twice as entertaining when you understand all the references it makes to past FFs.

Rantz
11-16-2006, 12:34 PM
That's a valid point then :)

Ethanol Dreams
11-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Nope, I completed FFX first, then IX.

IX is definitely my favourite though! :)

purplepenguin
11-16-2006, 05:51 PM
By the time I got FF9 I have already completed FF7 12 times and FF8 9 times. I got half way through FF6 but i lost the memory card so..

Little Blue
11-17-2006, 09:12 PM
IX was my first. I got it for Xmas or my birthday a few years ago. I first thought it was a crap game, but a few months later I actually decided to try it. For many years now it has been second place to FFX for my favourite, but I think it's becoming joint favourite nowadays.

Quindiana Jones
11-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Don't get me wrong, FFIX is a fantasic game in its own right but the game becomes at least twice as entertaining when you understand all the references it makes to past FFs.

I have yet to play any other FF's :(

But only cos I'm poor. My plan is to buy every FF that I can, and play them all in order. First to last. It may take some time :bigsmile:

Timerk
11-18-2006, 12:08 PM
I actually never completed IX. I wiped on the last boss, and didn't feel like building the levels to beat him.

Cezanzo
11-18-2006, 09:20 PM
I finished ff IV first, after I started ff VIII and ff VII, then i completed IX and still havent beat VII and VIII, but I'm getting there.;)

chrisfffan
11-19-2006, 01:09 AM
do u think this one is the easiest to complete?

Muse
11-19-2006, 01:13 AM
FFVIII was my first Final Fantasy game, but it's by no means my favorite, or even close. Final Fantasy IX was my second game, and it's still up there as one of my favorites of the lot.

I'm not a Final Fantasy fanatic, nor do I have any interest in the new games, I just have a certain amount of affection for this game.

I'm just a casual fan.

Zeromus_X
11-19-2006, 01:14 AM
I'd have to say Final Fantasy VI is the easiest, Final Fantasy IX could get difficult if you weren't properly prepared with your skills and equipment (I got to Disc Three before learning how I was supposed to properly learn the skills. >_<).

Nasarian Altimeros
11-19-2006, 02:13 AM
do u think this one is the easiest to complete?
FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII, FFX and FFX-2 are all far easier than FFIX.

Reles
11-19-2006, 03:13 AM
FFVI.

Vivisteiner
11-19-2006, 11:28 AM
My first FF. My first RPG. My first completed.

No.78
11-19-2006, 01:07 PM
My first FF. My first RPG. My first completed.

Brennan
11-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Final Fantasy IX, followed by vii and x

boys from the dwarf
11-20-2006, 08:03 AM
i cant quite remember.

i think FF9 was the first i completed. but that was long before i was, if you'll forgive the term, L337 at FF. wait. i the day i found the key of the ancients on FF7 on disk two underwater, i completed the game. FF9 was the second i think. i remember being stuck on deathguise and just not playing the game for a while, but then i eventually came back and beat necron.

i dont think this is the easiest FF.

FF1,4,6,8 and 10-2 are definetly easier in my opinion.

i've completed FF1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and 10-2 and FFTA so i haven't really kept track.

Materia Hunter Yuffie
11-20-2006, 11:05 PM
final fantasy IX (i spent some of my 8th grade graduation money on it and beat it years ago) It remains to this day my favorite.
then i beat X, and X-2. I'm working on VII now, already halfway through the game.

Holy Lancer
11-20-2006, 11:12 PM
Actually it was the first I beat, my favorite one, and I beat it five times :)

XxSephirothxX
11-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Yeah, it actually was the first I played. I'm sure that's one of the big reasons it's my favorite in the series. I was just enchanted. I still think it's just as good as the rest, and it'll probably always be my favorite.

BustaMo
11-21-2006, 05:15 AM
FFIX was the first one I started, but the first one I completed was FFX.

Everit
11-21-2006, 02:02 PM
Final Fantasy IX was the first FF I beat. Does that make me a bad person?

jill
11-21-2006, 09:27 PM
VIII was the first one I played and completed. I loved it a WHOLE lot, and after that I played Tactics and beat X. My brother let me borrow IX so I could see what it was like, though I didn't really have any high hopes because VIII was so teh best. My poor brother, he's never getting IX back now!! MUAHAHAHAHA!!! :D

darkleo813
11-26-2006, 03:41 AM
Yes, FF IX was the first one I played, and the first one completed. I then played FF VIII finished it. I played FF VII afterwards and didn't finish it. I am now playing FF IX again, and I'm enjoying it!

Elemental Alchemist
11-26-2006, 04:48 AM
I started playing both tactics and IX at the same time, but I finished tactics first and IX afterwards.

Both games are equally favorite to me, though.

chrisfffan
12-03-2006, 02:43 PM
to me though this game is very Nintendo if u know I mean? the characters the story but I don’t think that makes it a bad game its what makes it good!

VengefulRonin
12-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Its very nintendo? o_O

*readies pitchfork*

Compare vivi to yoshi and you's a dead man...

chrisfffan
12-09-2006, 12:34 AM
i mean the characters and the story were very nintendo but it didnt make it a bad game i enjoyed it and it was the first ff i completed!

profskett
12-16-2006, 02:19 PM
I loved FF9 - I was just so drawn in by the whole story line, which is probably why it's the first one I completed.

Elpizo
12-16-2006, 05:53 PM
It was my first 3D and Playstation FF I completed, indeed, but before I finally managed to set up ePSXe 1.5.2 emulator to run my bought IX game I had already finished I till VI.

It's still my favorite,though. After IX, I played VII, then VIII and now I'm thinking about how I'll be able to play X, X-2 and XII.

cloud21zidane16
12-16-2006, 08:14 PM
i completed 7,8 and then 9
then all the others(old and new:D ) ix is my joint favirote and im playing it right now:)

i love ix:)

PS. did i mention i love ix a lot:p

MADTJ
12-18-2006, 05:22 AM
First time i beat FFX-2 (my friend showed to me first time and lets me borrow it, few week later, i bought it myself), then FF7, FFX, FF8 FF9, FF1 to 6. and i became hooked lol! will getting FFXII for x-mas, i don't want to see nothing under my tree :P

Bart's Friend Milhouse
12-18-2006, 11:07 AM
It was the second out of the series I completed. I completed FFVIII about five times before this one

Pike
12-18-2006, 03:10 PM
I've never beaten a Final Fantasy game.

Been within "beating distance" of several. But never actually beat an FF game.

chrisfffan
12-19-2006, 05:15 PM
it takes a lot to complete the games really I think they are the best value for money games, their is so much you can do and it takes ages!

Heero Yuy NWZC
12-19-2006, 05:30 PM
Yes, in fact it was. it was also the first Final Fantasy game I ever played. I loved it so and decided to play the others as well. Final Fantasy is hands down the best game series out there.

Safis
12-21-2006, 04:32 AM
The first I played was FFI, but the first I got to the final boss in was FFIX. Didn't beat him, but finished FFI first. That's the only one I've beaten so far, but I'm at the final boss in IX and X, and I'm actively working on II.