PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone play them in Japanese?

Gotay29
11-15-2006, 10:30 PM
Hello, Everyone.

I have been a fan of Final Fantasy for many years now. The very first one I played was FFVI on SNES, and I've played almost every FF (except for X-2 and XI). I haven't been much of a collector however.

I recently have decided to start a video game collection. But I keep thinking, most of the games I like come from Japan. Wouldn't it be better to play them in Japanese? I know the Final Fantasy games (as well as other Japanese RPGs) are heavily influenced by the West, and contain many English words. Still, I feel that having them in Japanese would be more authentic. Another thing is that some older games weren't officially translated (like Star Ocean, Dragon Quest V and DQVI). But now every FF game is available in English, so it's difficult for me to decide.

black orb
11-16-2006, 03:10 AM
>>> The only FF I could beat in Japanese was FF Origins (FF1)..

RiseToFall
11-16-2006, 03:42 AM
Learning Japanese is just too damn hard and time consuming for me. I'll stick to playing games in English.

Firo Volondé
11-16-2006, 07:06 AM
I played FFV in Japanese. My favourite kind of game - killing monsters, without any boring story.:cool:

Martyr
11-16-2006, 07:09 AM
I wouldn't play a game in Japanese if I knew the language.

Well, maybe I would. But it wouldn't cross my mind to get one in japanese. It's too easy to immediately succumb to the desire to understand what I'm doing.

Alas for human weakness. I'd rather play one in spanish since I'm trying to learn spanish.

Dell
11-16-2006, 02:15 PM
I've play the Japanese version of FFXII eventhough I don't know Japanese.

Zeromus_X
11-16-2006, 02:29 PM
I played through a bit of a FFIII rom in Japanese. I could actually understand some of it. xD

I want a Famicom....;__;

Flying Mullet
11-16-2006, 02:46 PM
I picked up a Super Famicom and FFIV, V, VI and DQ V and VI when I was in Japan. I want to learn Japanese one day, but at least I have them from a collection standpoint. xD

Levian
11-16-2006, 03:28 PM
Not Japanese, but I'm currently playing FFV in Swedish. Everything sounds so much cornier in Swedish. :D

Darkja
11-16-2006, 03:47 PM
I don't know about the games, but I liked the jap version of advent children more than the english. i tried playing ffv in japanese but it didn't go too well.

/

Gotay29
11-16-2006, 05:09 PM
I think I'll start my collection with Final Fantasy VII and IX.