PDA

View Full Version : Woah, was that thread here yesterday?

tan
11-16-2006, 12:51 AM
Have you ever not checked EoFF for a day, then came back to find a thread that has like 50 replies and 1000 views, and not remembered it being there before?

This happens to me quite often, but I usually don't pay attention to most threads, so if there's this thread that's already a "hot topic" and I didn't notice it there before, I'm not very shocked =P

kikimm
11-16-2006, 12:54 AM
haha yeah. And then my mod senses tingle and I'm all HEY DID SOMEONE REVIVE THIS WHAT THE HELL but nope, it turns out to just be a really popular topic. Kinda disappointing, but I've come to expect it now.

Iceglow
11-16-2006, 12:55 AM
I'm on too much atm but in the evenings I am busy in PMs and Usernotes and in the day the forum moves too slowly for my liking. I generally see things as they happen so no this doesn't happen to me.

Evastio
11-16-2006, 12:55 AM
Not really. I'm here almost everyday.

Jack
11-16-2006, 05:12 AM
It used to. That was the "glory days" when every single competition went without a mention of me because I wasn't there when it started.

Now I check at least once every two days, it appears to move VERRRRRY SLLOOOOOOOWWWWLY. I still don't get noticed, but at least I have a good chance of changing that.

Yamaneko
11-16-2006, 05:15 AM
Since I'm here everyday if I see that I know it's a thread that's been revived.

Breine
11-16-2006, 06:24 PM
Yeah, it's happened to me a couple of times, but it's because when I'm sleeping most members tend to be online :eep:

Laugh at face of Danger
11-16-2006, 06:27 PM
I know what you mean, it's worse when it's an extended period of time, because people you once loved and chatted with aren't online anymore and newbies are all kinda every where and taking over the next "cool person" title. It's a little scary when they PM you and go "hu is diz?" and you think, "But I've been here longer than you..."