PDA

View Full Version : "I can't believe my friend doesent remember me"

Raebus
11-16-2006, 02:12 PM
So I was minding my own business when I get a pm from Girl who's practically a stranger to me, heck, she could be a serial stalker for all I know. The deeper we get, the more i realize one thing, she expects me to remember the "conversations" had and acts like she's got sand in her vagina when after such a long time, I can't remember who she is, at all.

I mean, it can't be her fault for not coming online because her boyfriend forbid it, or I caused her boyfriend to forbit it by coming onto her, which ever. The point is, has anything like this happened to you? Where someone makes you feel guilty?

Cloudane
11-16-2006, 02:45 PM
Read my rant on male-female friendships, here:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1983605&postcount=14

Some are "normal", whilst many will expect it to be almost like a romantic relationship where you're completely dedicated to them.

Iceglow
11-16-2006, 04:02 PM
Hmm well it has happened some what similar to me. Except I had to drop talking to friends of mine for a while.

A few years back now (3) I used to speak to Xander a lot on here and sometimes over msn. Her life was great and I enjoyed her company online. My then girlfriend was insanely jealous of how close I was with Xander and actually jealous of any female company I had even though all the girls I was speaking to I had been speaking to since before we got together (most were her friends and stuff, after all the then girlfriend was a close friend of mine.) I actually stopped speaking to all girls privately even though in the group I got on with the ladies better than the men for this girlfriend. She however still managed to find time to cheat on me. Now I don't stop speaking to anyone if they don't want to stop talking to me people can afford to accept my choices.

edczxcvbnm
11-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Yeah. Happens to me all the time. It is called people from high school six years ago expecting me to know who they are despite the fact that their appearance is nothing like it was in high school(I look the same and have the same style). /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif Jim! If I wanted to talk to you I would have kept in contact with you. I don't give a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif to 'catch up' with people who I have not seen for six year and may never see again.

FUCK OFF PEOPLES!~

Timerk
11-16-2006, 04:17 PM
You just need to remember that everyone has different perceptions, so she might of felt the relationship was more special then you did. This is fine, but it is not ok for her to get angry with you because of it.

Give her time to be more understanding, but if she cannot, then it is prolly nothing to cry over.

Jess
11-16-2006, 04:19 PM
I haven't forgotten anybody as of yet, thankfully! :jess:

GeneralSapphire
11-16-2006, 04:22 PM
Some people are worth forgetting!!:D :D :D Not saying this person is!!

Xander
11-16-2006, 07:42 PM
As Timerk said, people have different perceptions. I think it'd be more likely to be the other way around with me. Though I wouldn't be all annoyed and stuff generally. I think I'd just be more sentimental about conversations than others. For example where one little thing might make me laugh on msn with someone ....I think it's really special, because you're talking to someone maybe so far away, but you've made each other laugh and I think those little moments are great.

Also, I'm pretty lucky that people I didn't speak to for a long time while being away from here are happy to speak to me again and I've been able to pick up some friendships. And those are the important conversations that I think both of us remember :)

LunarWeaver
11-16-2006, 07:48 PM
I have an absolute horrible memory, and I forget people all the time. I also pretty much consider any friend I have as replaceable. That seems mean, but I don't really view friends as permanent for some reason...I always see them as fun for a while before we lose touch and I get new ones. I'm a weird operator of a very unique circus like that.

Martyr
11-16-2006, 07:54 PM
I have a horrible memory.
I've been known to meet somebody at school, have c good conversation, exchange numbers, whatever, and then see them a day or two later and totally forget who they are. Then everything's just awkward forever after.

Fire_Emblem776
11-16-2006, 08:12 PM
I can remember faces not names.

Yamaneko
11-16-2006, 08:27 PM
Yeah, same here.

Old Manus
11-16-2006, 08:49 PM
i hav no freindz :cry:

BarelySeeAtAll
11-16-2006, 08:49 PM
no, i have tried makin someone feel guilty though, lol, i dont think it worked,lol

Cloudane
11-16-2006, 09:13 PM
One thing I made clear when I started a relationship with my now-ex, was that I have female friends and don't intend to drop them, and that I don't mind her having male friends - i.e. let's do what you're supposed to do in a relationship and trust each other.

It was early enough in the development stage to set 'ground rules' like that (and without actually saying so, make it clear that I'm not interested in anyone who's going to break any of my friendships)

Ashi
11-17-2006, 12:03 PM
I don't really remember the names of people I used to go to school with, so unless they were the friends I hung around with all the time I probably wouldn't remember them. I can't remember a time where I went up to an old friend that didn't remember me, but I wouldn't try to make them feel guilty if they didn't because I have a horrible memory.

There was a time though, where I went up to a girl I used to go to camp with. I saw her in a mall and went to talk to her. She remembered me and stuff, and it wasn't even that long ago that we went to camp together (this was around four or five years ago), but I just couldn't remember her name. The person who was with me was guilty AND embarassed in my place. :confused:

Cloudane
11-17-2006, 12:08 PM
I have the thing with ex-classmates approaching me as well, it's been 6 years, people look waay different to what they used to, the short ones have become full height etc and they're like "Hiiii!" and I'm thinking "I'm supposed to know you?"

Mittopotahis
11-17-2006, 12:31 PM
My mathematics c teacher today forgot my name. I was completely oblivious for a bit while I was working, until people were saying "You don't remember his name!?" Then I saw him looking at me with a confused look on his face. He started to walk over to me, with people yelling out 'Don't tell him!', and then my friend said to me 'Cover up your books, Mat.' Yeah, thanks a lot. You ruined out fun. :(

I couldn't really believe it, he has taught me for nearly a year, and the class is only 15 students big.

Fatal Impurity
11-17-2006, 01:53 PM
Females piss me off thier so needy and pathetic....but you do get the odd few that are reasonable... *cough lady of the sheep cough* :shifty:

Firo Volondé
11-17-2006, 02:15 PM
I'm a minor celebrity. People come up to me on the street and know my name, and all I can say is, "hi, ummm... you".

Cloudane
11-17-2006, 02:26 PM
A 17 year old male whose first name begins with 'm' - hmm *ponders*

Christmas
11-17-2006, 02:29 PM
i hav no freindz :cry:

Reles
11-17-2006, 10:59 PM
I forget a lot of people I befriend, especially those I met years ago. Well, I doubt I forget any I had any in person, but online, I'd be very friendly and say hello to everyone. Good thing most of the people I do remember, don't remember me at all, but I did talk to them a lot at one point or another. I guess my personality isn't distinctive enough to remember or something.

In any case, it's pretty much the story of my life if someone says I can't talk to someone, mainly because of jealousy within the relationship. Although I feel I have the right to speak to whoever I want so I've always disregarded it. I won't really be secretive about it though, friendships shouldn't ever be secretive.