PDA

View Full Version : How much can your stomach take?

The Real Dark Messenger
11-16-2006, 02:56 PM
I am studying to be a Bachelor in Medical Laboratory Technology and at the moment I am in an internship at a Medical Center. This involves that I am under training, so I can learn taking blood samples. Every morning I go out in the different sections of the Medical Center to take blood samples from the patients.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

This morning I had to take some blood from this old man. He was very sick and didn’t even bother to look at me, when I entered through the door. His body was trying to fight of an infection; he was bleeding from different places of his body and kept vomiting. I felt so sorry for him, but I had to take the blood sample. He smelled really bad and the infections on his body sent out this odour, which really made my breakfast turn in my stomach. I was nearly about to go vomit, but I kept it in and got the blood sample.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

So the question is: how much can your stomach take until you have to go vomit?

Shaun
11-16-2006, 02:59 PM
I don't know. Sometimes the taste/smell of disgusting food makes me almost puke.

Christmas
11-16-2006, 03:01 PM
MY STOMACH IS A BOTTOMLESS PIT. :bigsmile:

Owen Macwere
11-16-2006, 03:13 PM
Before, I never vomited by seeing such things or by smelling bad smells. Now, I be sick every few days. It depends on my condition.

Iceglow
11-16-2006, 03:16 PM
It used to be that if I saw something like someone vomiting then I would too. Clubbing put paid to that saw too much.

Now I can get queasy about the smell of bacon cooking for some reason. But I actually don't get the urge to vomit often.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-16-2006, 03:18 PM
I can't eat much without feeling ill. But I don't throw up though.

Nominus Experse
11-16-2006, 03:20 PM
As far as I know, nothing.

I can view someone being killed in a documentary, watch a surgical operation, read or hear of someone's deathly plight, suffer pain to extrme extents, etc...

None of these have or seem capable of causing me to become sickly. Angered, saddened, yes, but never sickly.

Although, I do believe I have a minor allergy to cherry, seeing as that one food item will cause my stomach to churn and boil. So perhaps that is the only thing.

I guess I am disensitized... or something... I don't know. I am probably not the only one.

Wish
11-16-2006, 03:43 PM
Hmm, absolutely nothing. I get sich just by watching something disgusting on television. But I never vomit, I just turn my head away.

Breine
11-16-2006, 04:15 PM
It can take pretty much.. :)

Timerk
11-16-2006, 11:20 PM
Not much.

Like all women, I try to look as corpse-like as possible.

Miriel
11-16-2006, 11:24 PM
Not a lot. Seriously. Certain smells can make me vomit so I'm pretty weaksauce.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
11-17-2006, 10:53 AM
Don't worry, Charles Darwin couldn't stomach surgery

Rocket Edge
11-17-2006, 10:59 AM
I can take a great ammount, which is weird for my size & weight i guess.

Ashi
11-17-2006, 12:15 PM
I don't recall anything of that sort making me vomit.

Or hmm. I think I was in primary school when a cousin fell and had a little accident. There was only a little cut on his forehead but it needed stitches. I was really scared and started throwing up later.

Nowadays though, I don't think something like that would make me vomit... but I don't actualy look for long enough to decide if it would happen or not.

Martyr
11-17-2006, 12:20 PM
A horrible stench has almost done it to me before, but I've never succumbed to vomiting.

But I'm sure that if I was ever inside a septic tank, or if I was around too many fresh corpses or something, I'd almost definitely hurl.

Mittopotahis
11-17-2006, 12:35 PM
It's weird how people are different. Just tonight at youth there was a small 'coke chugging contest', and I was asking how 2 of my friends felt after it. One said she was completely fine, as if it was a second nature to her, and the other (bigger) one said she was about to vomit. So I dunno how that works, beats me :P.

Faris
11-17-2006, 12:37 PM
It takes a really, really bad flu to make me vomit.

sephirothishere
11-17-2006, 01:19 PM
MY STOMACH IS A BOTTOMLESS PIT

yup...and dark messenger...if that is your real name....thatll teach you to be a nurse or whatever...haaahhahah...

Savern Volaco
11-17-2006, 01:34 PM
I almost never vomit, I have rare alergies that make my sinuses drain into my stomach. I either vomit or I take alergie medicine to prevent the ohter part of em. I have only thrown up twice from my alergies, I havnt thrown up any other way even with the flu. But I do pass out at the littlest bit of blood I cant help it either.

Cipher
11-17-2006, 01:47 PM
I used to work for a General Surgeon during my last year of High School. Yeah, my job was filing and answering phones and all that but at the time I was also considering going Pre-Med (yeah, that was before the educational requirements REALLY hit me), so with the patient's permission I was allowed to observe some of the office surgeries that went on.

It was...interesting. Saw some pretty nasty abscesses in locations you really don't want to know about. But...it was fun, and I never threw up once, or felt nauseated. In fact, the Office Manager (aka, the Doc's wife) commented that my stomach was far stronger than hers because the smell alone of some patients were usually enough to send her running.

Getting my own blood drawn right after I eat something, however, makes me pray to the porcelain gods...

Resha
11-17-2006, 01:57 PM
Ugh, not much. Sometimes I get really happy when I eat out at swanky places and stuff and I'm like "oh glee for the gluttony" and I eat tons, and then I spew it all out after a long and miserable ordeal.

Greed is...good!

fire_of_avalon
11-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Other people's mucus. That's the only thing I can think of that makes me squeamish. With everything else, I just grit my teeth and bare it.

Oh, and coleslaw. Not the smell of it but the eating of it. Uuuugh.

BarelySeeAtAll
11-17-2006, 04:05 PM
my stomach can stand anything!!yay!!i aint ever threw up because something has made me feel sick like that, only when i was ill

Quindiana Jones
11-17-2006, 04:09 PM
About 0.7 litres of vodka. roflroflroflroflrofl.

Nah, I don't really get physically sick from things like that. I feel illish, but not so bad that I think I'm gonna hurl.

The Real Dark Messenger
11-17-2006, 04:13 PM
About 0.7 litres of vodka. roflroflroflroflrofl.

He he, me too :D At least that is what I learned a couple of weeks ago...

Levian
11-17-2006, 05:21 PM
Other people's mucus. That's the only thing I can think of that makes me squeamish. With everything else, I just grit my teeth and bare it.

Seriously, this is why I don't eat while watching the olympics. I'm talking about the real olympics of course, which is winter.

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-17-2006, 05:26 PM
I cannot stand other's people's spit. It is gross. I cannot stand the smell of formaldehyde. I almost got sick while dissecting a preserved Crayfish. On the other hand I had little problem dissecting a non-preserved fish.

No.78
11-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Yeah I hate it when people spit it makes my throat go all gaggy.

Reles
11-17-2006, 10:51 PM
This only really happens when I'm eating something and the taste is atrocious, other than that I can look at or smell something disgusting and it won't phase me.