PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Selena_Akariko
11-16-2006, 05:41 PM
My friend can't get on the site because

Access has been denied. This is because you are visiting us from a place that has been blacklisted as an Open Proxy. You have to fix this to continue.

What is this and how to fix it?

:save: Selena

Bahamut2000X
11-16-2006, 06:45 PM
Well from my very limited knowledge, my best guess would be that thier firewall is preventing them access to the site due to it being part of the blocked list, or if your on a public computer, then it most likely is thier firewall preventing it, as most public systems (especially school's computers) have a blocker for most sites that fight with in certain categories.

I suggest adjusting your firewall settings, or if your on a public system then just either find away around thier firewall, or go to a non public computer.

Anywho's hope this somewhat helps.

ValiantKnight
11-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Access has been denied. This is because you are visiting us(EoFF?) from a place(your computer/IP address?) that has been blacklisted as an Open Proxy. You have to fix this to continue.

Whatever IP Address you were using or ISP has been blacklisted perhaps?
Is it a cable, DSL, or Dial UP connection

Otherwise I'd wait for a site mod/staff.

XxSephirothxX
11-16-2006, 07:46 PM
Here's another thread (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=96220) dealing with the same problem. Maybe resetting your connection to get a different IP address would work? Otherwise, you can try following the link in that thread or just wait for clout or Samuraid or Yamaneko to show up and explain it better. :p

Selena_Akariko
11-17-2006, 10:50 AM
Okay... Thanks, people, I'll try to do what you said (though I didn't understand half of it. :rolleyes:) and if it doesn't work, I'll ask it in the other thread. :)

Thank you everyone for replying, this can be closed now.

:save: Selena

o_O
11-17-2006, 11:49 AM
The site that the message links to is useless. There are a large number of blacklist sites that don't appear on it, yet will affect your ability to view these forums.

PM an admin here or in chat, or just wait for the ban to expire.