PDA

View Full Version : An interesting debate. (FFVI and IX spoilers)

Goldenboko
11-16-2006, 11:27 PM
Who do you think would win in a straight out fight Kuja, or Kefka?

Kefka's strong points

1. He has the power of the statues, which is all magic in the world and possibly all magic in existence (in the universe of FFVI)

2. He was able to take down 8 espers at once.

3. Kefka could attack you anywhere in the world with "Light of Judgement."

4. If Kefka stands within a range of the three statues, he cannot be harmed because the statues absorb all magic.

Kuja's Strong points

1. Destroys an entire planet.

2. Has the power of many absorbed souls

3. Kills the ENTIRE party in Memoria (The Ultima spell doesn't destroy the Crystal it kills the party sending them to Necron the main part of the Iifa tree but that is a hole different topic)

4. Can Summon Deathguise, and has tons of Silver dragons at his disposal(always a plus)

5. Teleports the party from the Hill Of Dispair. This counts as something to me considering he teleports you out of death.

Vermachtnis
11-16-2006, 11:35 PM
Kefka because he's a lot more ruthless than Kuja. I think the eight espers he destroyed are a lot stronger than any amount of Silver Dragons. He could target Kuja at anypoint if he felt like it. It'd be completely one sided if he never left the protection of the three statues.
And...this is shallow and a stupid arguement I know, but Kefka as the coolest laugh.

Goldenboko
11-17-2006, 12:08 AM
And...this is shallow and a stupid arguement I know, but Kefka as the coolest laugh.

I can see it now...

Kefka: Wahahahahaha!
Kuja: Oh! My ears! *Ears bleed and he dies*

Ryushikaze
11-17-2006, 12:37 AM
Kuja. Screw attacking Kefka, attack the tower, and watch gravity take over for just long enough to Zot Kefka into vapor.

Nasarian Altimeros
11-17-2006, 12:53 AM
This is not an interesting debate; it's just another 'X vs Y' thread.

I feel cheated.

Bolivar
11-17-2006, 04:41 AM
Just speculation. Kuja did some crazy stuff in Terra. Then again, Kefka was torching towns left and right from his tower. It'd be a pretty good showdown.

In the end, they both wanted to destroy everything, Kuja because he was on his way out, and Kefka because of...well...his "HATE" i guess. I'll give it to Kefka for his classic yet overrated status.

Wolf Kanno
11-17-2006, 09:09 AM
Honestly, after much debate, I've got to give Kefka props that he would so own Kuja in a fashion contest. It's all about bright colors and harlequinn makeup. Though Kuja does get some points for having a Silver Dragon accessory;)

VengefulRonin
11-17-2006, 11:11 PM
Hmm...i'd say Kuja, especially when it was later on in the game when he figured out he'd die too, so he wasnt afraid of anything...that could always help him out in the fight. And dont forget, he can go super saiyan! xD

The Crystal
11-18-2006, 12:35 AM

Kefka's strong points

1. He has the power of the statues, which is all magic in the world and possibly all magic in existence (in the universe of FFVI)

4. If Kefka stands within a range of the three statues, he cannot be harmed because the statues absorb all magic.

If Kefka absorbed all the power of the statues, how they can have power to protect him? This don't make much sense, to me.

Roto13
11-18-2006, 12:51 AM
Kefka = a bunch of forms.

Kuja = two forms.

Kefka wins.

Darth Cid
11-18-2006, 01:15 AM
Though Kefka is very psychotic, he only did what he did for power, Kuja killed a bunch of people to save his own sorry soul, like anyone would miss this guy. Kuja is scum, no, he's lower than scum, he gives scum a bad name. I like that in a villain.

Goldenboko
11-18-2006, 04:16 AM

Kefka's strong points

If Kefka absorbed all the power of the statues, how they can have power to protect him? This don't make much sense, to me.

In one part of the game he uses the Statues to Protect him, later on he procedes you absorb their power. Simple.

Forsaken Lover
11-18-2006, 04:24 AM
It be one hell of a fight. The world they fight on is the ultimate loser.

Wolf Kanno
11-18-2006, 07:55 AM
It is an interesting fight considering that by the end of the game, both of them wished to achieve the same goal. I don't think Kefka even cared whether he died or not and we know Kuja didn't.

The Crystal
11-18-2006, 03:26 PM

Kefka's strong points

In one part of the game he uses the Statues to Protect him, later on he procedes you absorb their power. Simple.

I know, but he cannot have the power of the statues AND they protection, in the same time. In this fight, or Kefka is a god and don't have the statues to protect him, or he is a mortal that have the statues to protect him. But he cannot have these two things, because this don't make sense.

Sefie1999AD
11-18-2006, 03:53 PM
I think Kuja would send Kefka to the Hill of Despair with Ultima even before he could say "Wop wop wop wop wop wop wop!" If Kefka is protected by the statues, then Kuja will just teleport him to the Hill of Despair. :p