PDA

View Full Version : This is a Metal Gear Solid poll.

Jigsaw
11-17-2006, 03:13 AM
A common feature in the Metal Gear Solid games is a menagerie of circus freaks who are determined to slaughter you.

Which band of brothers do you like the best?

RiseToFall
11-17-2006, 03:16 AM
The last option applies to me.

Psychotic
11-17-2006, 03:24 AM
I found it hard to choose between FOXHOUND and the Cobras, but you just can't argue with Psycho Mantis. Well, you can, but only if you use the other side of your brain.

Del Murder
11-17-2006, 05:24 AM
Psycho Mantis is one of the greatest characters ever.

theundeadhero
11-17-2006, 05:41 AM
FOXHOUND

NorthernChaosGod
11-17-2006, 08:21 AM
FOXHOUND > All.

JKTrix
11-17-2006, 09:49 AM
FOXHOUND.

KentaRawr!
11-17-2006, 09:51 AM
FOXHOUND, because Psycho Mantis is awesome.

RiseToFall
11-17-2006, 10:42 AM
Psycho Mantis was an awesome boss, but come on, when you fight The End, it's a sweet battle. I shot his bird and ate it,definitely a fun experience.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-17-2006, 11:03 AM
Dead Cell and the Cobra Unit, while certainly providing some extremely compelling adversaries, both had at least one member that was a comparative disappointment. Whereas FOXHOUND's roster is completely aces.

Lindy
11-17-2006, 11:15 AM
The freaks from Metal Gear 2.

Black Color, the NASA Ninja in grey.
Running Man, the world's fastest mercenary!
Red Blaster, an explosion maniac in red! (He wears green)
Ultrabox, a trio of close-quarter assassins who erm...shoot you from afar.

Pure genius, I like to think that Metal Gear 2's assortment of weirdos were used as a template for future games.

Lawr
11-17-2006, 11:44 AM
The Cobras had the tightest names IMO.

THE Pawn
THE Fur
THE Inn
THE Swimmer
:D

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-17-2006, 11:50 AM
Ultrabox, a trioMore like a quartet.
Pure genius, I like to think that Metal Gear 2's assortment of weirdos were used as a template for future games.Indeed. And more than that, Metal Gear 2 founded the concept of each boss fight requiring some sort of unique tactic to achieving victory that usually went beyond just choosing the correct weapon. Running Man, Night Sight, and Big Boss particularly come to mind.

Roto13
11-17-2006, 12:11 PM
While Vamp and Fortune made it difficult to choose between Dead Cell and FOXHOUND, Revolver Ocelot and Sniper Wolf are too cool for words.

Fatal Impurity
11-17-2006, 12:20 PM
While Vamp and Fortune made it difficult to choose between Dead Cell and FOXHOUND, Revolver Ocelot and Sniper Wolf are too cool for words.

my thoughts exactly! so who do you think is the worst one out of each respective unit? mine would have to be that roller blading bald bitch fatman (appropriate name no?)

Lindy
11-17-2006, 12:25 PM
Ultrabox, a trioMore like a quartet.
*shrug*

Been years since I played the game/read Slowbeef's guide.

Jowy
11-17-2006, 03:17 PM
The only member of Dead Cell that I really appreciated as a character was Vamp. With The Cobras, they had potential but there was little to no character development. The Pain was a pretty lame villain too. FOXHOUND is/was a prime example of how a organization of villains should be assembled.

edczxcvbnm
11-17-2006, 03:36 PM
FOXHOUND by far.

Dead Cell sucked. The only good character was Vamp and we didn't even learn that much about him. Fatman was retarded and Fortune was a dyke. Solidous Snake was bad ass though. I really like him.

The Cobras were a massive improvement from the bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif they spewed in MGS2. The Boss was great as was The Sorrow. They alone made up for the short comings of some of the lamer bosses in the game(The Fear and The Pain).

The Real Dark Messenger
11-17-2006, 03:39 PM
I really love FOXHOUND, but I have to say that it's hard to pick just one, so the last option for me.

Emerald weapon
11-17-2006, 11:48 PM
Cobras because they were fun to kill especailly the End,he got you well in the sneaky mood so yeah cobras all the way

P.S.Ocelot is a legend

Pete for President
11-17-2006, 11:51 PM
definately foxhound.

LunarWeaver
11-17-2006, 11:59 PM
And here I like Dead Cell like a crazyperson. I did enjoy the Cobras, but they were very ... unexplained. Even more so than the likes of Dead Cell. Most of them were just there to die and not much else.

Oh well, FOXHOUND is cool. But I'm choosing Dead Cell because I pity them.

DK
11-18-2006, 12:15 AM
FOXHOUND. Vulcan Raven is such a badass. :love:

sephirothishere
11-18-2006, 12:37 AM
Vulcan Raven is such a badass

ya......thats my role model right there....the chauvanism probly somes from ocelot though..hahahaha....

ya..well...i like dead cell...cuz vamp's badass...and there is character development if you read between the lines....but...rosemary and fortune piss me off....the only part i lieked of mgs 2 was tearin it up with snake in the end....ya..so..anyways...ill go with FOXHOUND..cuz sniperwolf is a babe....a megababe....with a sexy accent.... i played through the game a third time on an emulator...and i stopped playin after i killed her....

so...foxhound...are rockin.....

Pete for President
11-19-2006, 03:54 AM
ahhh... good memories of fighting psycho mantis... still probably the coolest boss fight I've ever been in, and I'm serious!

Lost Number
11-19-2006, 09:16 PM
FOXHOUND for the sheer number of freaks. But Cobras for quality. The Boss was little or nothing special. The End had sheer elan for providing me with a 2 hour duel which i LOST, Pain was...strange, but good, Fear has pretty good, with some cool tricks to beating him. And the Fury was the Fury.

If you count Volgin (kick ass, IMO) and Shagohod (ditto) then you have decent competition. As it, FOXHOUND wins.

sephirothishere
11-19-2006, 10:18 PM
i played mgs1 on an emulator last time...and it wouldnt let me use controller 2 to fight mantis...
so it took about an hour and lots of practice to beat the bastard...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-20-2006, 01:24 AM
If you die to Mantis three times, you'll be able to shoot the statues on either side of his room during your fourth attempt. Destroying the busts achieves the same effect as switching controller ports.

Wolf Kanno
11-20-2006, 08:29 AM
I'm going for FOX-HOUND, cause there was more depth to the characters, also most of their deaths really left an impact on you. But I give the Cobras props for being some of the best damn boss fights in the series, fighting the Fury in the dark with only his flamethrower as light (and those glowing mushrooms...) The End which comes down to being the most frustrating fight (unless you save in the middle of the battle and wait a week...) and the Sorrow was just awsome. I also loved the fight with the Boss, they made it cinematic without turning it into a interactive cutscene.

blackmage_nuke
11-20-2006, 10:13 AM
FOX-HOUND were just plain awesome, I wouldve liked to know more about decoy octopus but theyre still awesome, i also like how they didnt explode when you killed them.

Psyco mantis is just freaky, how did he move my controller :eek:

Seita Firemaster
11-20-2006, 06:11 PM
FOXHOUND