PDA

View Full Version : Puzzles

Jigsaw
11-17-2006, 06:25 AM
I really enjoy puzzles. Not like the word game or math kind (most of the time), but the kind where you form pieces to make a picture. One time I made a 3D one of the Empire State Building. I wanted to save it forever but my stupid little brother ruined it. He actually ate a piece. Can you imagine that?

Anyway, do you guys like puzzles and have any fond memories of puzzles you've made?

vorpal blade
11-17-2006, 09:08 AM
i don't like those physical puzzles. I like the thinking puzzles like word and (to a lesser extent) math problems and the kind you have to solve in games.

Jess
11-17-2006, 03:15 PM
I like puzzles! Logic puzzles and picture puzzles - none including maths, though. Those type hurt my head! :jess:

Alex151
11-17-2006, 08:59 PM
i suck at puzzles so I rarely do them

now sudoku

thats where its at

McLovin'
11-17-2006, 09:06 PM
I like online puzzle games.

Ethanol Dreams
11-17-2006, 11:29 PM
I have this crazy Taj-Mahal (sp?) 3D model construction kit. Took me like 3 hours... To read the instructions! :p

They are great fun though, I love 'em! :D

Samuraid
11-18-2006, 12:06 AM
If you consider Minesweeper to be a form of puzzle, then yes, I like puzzles. :D

Other than that, I have done a few puzzles before, and they are moderately entertaining, but not my first choice for recreation.
*eyes computer games*

Jigsaw
11-18-2006, 05:43 PM
I have this crazy Taj-Mahal (sp?) 3D model construction kit. Took me like 3 hours... To read the instructions! :p

They are great fun though, I love 'em! :D
Oh that sounds kick ass! another one of my favorites is this Darth Vader puzzle I got frozen so that I could hang it up on my wall. I told my kid brother if he touched it I'd kill him, and he's still alive so it's all good.

Leeza
11-18-2006, 06:40 PM
I love puzzles and lately I've always had one on the go. As soon as I finish one, I start another. I usually stick to ones that are 1000 pieces so that they will fit onto my coffee table. I like ones that are more than 1000 pieces, and I have a few of those, but I don't know when I'll get to those as I don't really have anywhere to work with them. Anything smaller isn't as much of a challenge, but I'll still work with them it that is all I have.

I do not like mind puzzles. Except crosswords. :cat:

Xander
11-18-2006, 08:38 PM
I like them but they take a long time, and you always get a piece missing at the end ... ;__; I like those slidey puzzles like the ones in Wind Waker (or the physical ones).

rubah
11-18-2006, 09:24 PM
I haven't tried to do a puzzle since Julyish

Levian
11-18-2006, 09:31 PM
I like puzzles! Logic puzzles and picture puzzles - none including maths, though. Those type hurt my head! :jess:

Yes, exact same here. I also like it when there's a murder involed. Always fun to figure out who dun it.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-18-2006, 09:35 PM
I like the puzzles in adventure games better than actual puzzles with peices.

I highly reccomend that anyone try the Monkey Island series, Grim Fandango or the Longest Journey. All of them have great storylines based around puzzles. These aren't conventional puzzles. They involve looking at, picking up or using objects (on the enviroment or other objects).