PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Remake

Wolf Kanno
11-17-2006, 09:57 AM
Well I was cruising through a few of the FF forums and noticed alot of "remake" threads. So I decided to do a major thread here about what FF you would like to see a next-gen remake of? But I felt we should make this interesting. You have to say why it deserves it, and what would be changed (try being realistic and wipe off the nostalgia). Also I want you mention which game doesn't deserve to be remade. My only request is to try to be civil, all these games mean something to someone. Also no sequels or spin-offs (sorry Tactics fans).

I want to hear a few people's thoughts before I list my own choices...

Martyr
11-17-2006, 10:23 AM
I really want to see FF1 *not* remade, so I could play the old game on a system and not use a rom or cruddy nes. Because nothing ever feels the same.

ON TOPIC:

If they don't give me old FF1, then my top choice would be a NEW FF1 with XIII graphics.
No- Wait- No. I like the story to myself, and the characters aren't developed. I am writing an FF1 script, and I would rather flesh it out and remake it with all the bells and whistles to my liking, and then make it into a movie. Remaking it as a game, again, isn't really worth it, I don't think. Nobody cares unless they can play it in 8-bit. The others will be satisfied with Origins, because they just want to complete the series, and they all like 7 better anyway.

1. So, because I'm an evil maniac to all the fanboys, I would most like to see FFVI remade. I was of the nes era, and so my fond nostalgic memories are not of the SNES, and so it would inrigue me greatly to see heightened graphics of Kefka ripping the planet apart, of the Espers flying around, of the Emperors grandeur castles and the filth of Zozo, The awesome characters adn the ice caves of narshe and the graphics that could be made! Oh, what a graphically fantastic game it would be! Because that's one of the things it was back then too. It'd be spectacular.

And besides, the nostalgia kids already got FFVI remade for the Playstation. The oldbies don't have anything to complain about on that end like I do with FF1 (Which will probably never remade as it was originally made in 8-bit. It's not marketable that way... *Sigh*)

2. I never cared for FFIV, and I thought that FFV was excellent. However, and unfortunately, I think that FFIV remade, however much I think it sucks now, would probably be a much better remade game than V. It's got better individual character development concepts, and, to be honest. It's more fantastic. They go from Earth, to the Lava Underworld, to Monster world to flying to the Moon on a gigantic whale.
It would be great to see a remake of 4 with XIII graphics.

Funny though, the only choices for remake are 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6. 3 just got remade, 5 isn't legendary for anybody, it's just a decent game, 1 is done, and 2 isn't really all that great and is probably only slightly better for a remake than 3 and 5. (I suddenly see why 3 and 5 and 2 didn't quite make it to the US. They ain't really good enough except for pop value. It isn't like we're selling Justin Timberlake to Japan, yeah?)

RiseToFall
11-17-2006, 10:46 AM
All of them are fine as is.

I know it's not the answer you wanted, but that's just the way I feel.

Rocket Edge
11-17-2006, 03:44 PM
FFVIII, but that's simply because it's my favourite FF.

Dragon Mage
11-18-2006, 05:08 AM
If you want to be fair, they all deserve a good re-run, if you know what I mean.

LunarWeaver
11-18-2006, 05:22 AM
I want a VII remake, and I'm not really against any others getting remakes. Except maybe XII, that'd be a little on the shifty side what with it just now coming out n' such.

DarkLadyNyara
11-18-2006, 05:52 AM
I'd like to see some of the early ones (I, II, VI, IV) remade with XII-type graphics, voices, ect. Just because it would be cool. It would also be nice if they fleshed out the storylines of the first two.

I do not want to see IX remade, because you do not alter perfection. :D Alright, seriously, I have no objections.

The Crystal
11-18-2006, 03:43 PM
FFVII need to be remade. The other parts of the compilation(CC, AC, DoC, etc) have much better graphics than the original game, and this is not good.
Another motive, is that the compilation made some retcons in the story of the original game, and now, SE need to remake the game with this retcons.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
11-18-2006, 05:35 PM

Damn straight.
And speed up waits between screen changing, the cosmos was created in less time for crying out loud

silentenigma
11-19-2006, 03:33 AM
FFVI: just imagine kefka in high definition.

FFVIII does not need to be remade because nobody wants to experience the junction system all over again.

Ashley Schovitz
11-19-2006, 03:45 AM
Any FF below X would work to be remade, I know most of you will say VII, but I don't think any in particular don't deserve to be remade unless it's the PS2 ones, because they're not that old or ugly, but they might make another XI in years to come.

DarkLadyNyara
11-19-2006, 03:45 AM
FFVIII does not need to be remade because nobody wants to experience the junction system all over again.

QFT :D

Slothy
11-19-2006, 03:03 PM
I've said it before, but it's worth saying again: FFVI in a graphical form that replicates Amano's art style perfectly. I want that game to look like all the pretty pictures he drew. :D

No.78
11-19-2006, 03:13 PM
FF1 remade would be cool.

Actually, now I think about it... FF11 is kinda like FF1 remake, just, different.

IceAngel
11-19-2006, 05:54 PM
Any FF below X would work to be remade, I know most of you will say VII, but I don't think any in particular don't deserve to be remade unless it's the PS2 ones, because they're not that old or ugly, but they might make another XI in years to come.

Damn straight.
And speed up waits between screen changing, the cosmos was created in less time for crying out loud

Yea! I love that game! The stupid patches for the pc arent out :(

Wolf Kanno
11-20-2006, 09:31 AM
Now my inner fanboy tells me I should vote for FFVI cause it's my favorite and cause I feel it's cinematic enough to be remade without major alterations but deep down I know that FFIV deserves it. Flesh out the characters and their backgrounds, seeing the dwarven kingdom or the Lunar caves with FFXII graphics. It's a game that gets nailed alot cause it hasn't aged well but a revamp could fix it. I'm not sure what to do about the battle system though. I doubt it can be left the way it is, but I can't think of a system that work for the best with this game.

FFVII doesn't deserve one yet. At least not until they talk about fixing the horrible writing and balance issues that prop up in the game when they do a remake. I'll admit that AC and Last Order have fixed a few issues (Last Order especially, since it completely changed a scene I've been complaining about since the game first came out.) but there is still alot of better FF's that could use a remake before it. At least not until they remake FFIV-VI.

Muse
11-20-2006, 01:36 PM
If remade, FFVIII would be a cinematic wonder. It's not my favorite game, but it's definitely one of the best looking games on the Playstation, if not the best looking.

They should never ever touch Final Fantasy IX. They couldn't possibly top what they achieved with this game, so they should never even consider remaking this game.

NEVER.

Ender
11-20-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm generally not a big fan of remaking great games...great games are great regardless of what format they're in. I mean, part of what FFVII is is it's graphical style. VII and VIII, maybe even IX and X, could use a little tweaking (the character/monster graphics in particular), but they don't need extreme FFIIIDS-graphical overhauls IMO.

That said...

The game that would be improved most by a graphical update as long as the game itself was left intact is FFVI IMO. I agree with silentenigma that Kefka in high-def would rock. So would Vector, the opera, and lots of other parts in that game.

The game I think would stand to improve the most by being completely overhauled and remade is FFII. IMO, a great foundation for a game that was just not pulled off as well as it could have been (though perhaps pretty well for it's time). Really develop the characters, story, and locations, and redo the random encounters thing so that the battles are more interesting and less tedious and IMO the game could really shine.

Ashley Schovitz
11-23-2006, 05:12 AM
They should never ever touch Final Fantasy IX. They couldn't possibly top what they achieved with this game, so they should never even consider remaking this game.

NEVER.
How about making it into a movie I would like to see that.

Croyles
11-23-2006, 01:17 PM
Yes you guessed it im a sucker for VII. I think it would be great as a remake (like it looked on the Technical Demo trailer).
Its not just nostalgia, I still think its one of the best FF games, even WITHOUT good graphics.
I agree that some FF games shouldnt be remade at all, simply because they are good as they are at the moment, like FFIX. No point in remaking that IMO.

ama124
11-23-2006, 01:33 PM
They should remake FFVIII, they could make an already good game even better.

If anyone says FFVII or to the people who have said FFVII, you derserve to be slapped :bigsmile: . FFVII has plenty of spinoffs unlike other FF's and i think the spin offs have done the game justice. I really dont think FFVII needs a remake.

VeloZer0
11-23-2006, 04:05 PM
My personaly choice would be either IV or V. I though both of these adventures were amazing, but could be increased greatly with some engine updating.

I & II I don't think were well enough developed to translate well into the modern generation.
IV & V, like I said had amazing plots but did suffer through some technilogical issues. (They still looked great, but there is room for improvement)
VI & VII, although technologicaly I think they could use updating I think that might ruin quite a bit of the style of the games, and ultimately make them less enjoyable.
VIII just sucked :D
IX does quite well without a graphical update, although a resolution update would be quite nice. I don't think that is something I would want to pay for though.

I'm against any re-makes that actualy chage the games themselves. If you are going to do that you should just make a completely new game instead.