PDA

View Full Version : Movie

pantsofpower
11-17-2006, 10:09 AM
I would *kill* to see them make an animated movie out of 6 like they did for 7. And maybe some spinoff games too. I think 6 deserves it more. 7 is a good game but it's so overhyped.

Wolf Kanno
11-17-2006, 10:17 AM
It would be interesting but I can't imagine what it would be about. A prequel might work, but a sequel would more than likely be disasterous. Personally, I would like if the game was translated into a movie since the game always had a cinematic flair but I can still see so many things go wrong.:cry:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Weren't most of the nine members of FFVII's main cast relegated to extremely bit parts in Advent Children? That being the case, I can't say I'd have too much confidence in Square's ability to properly account for a cast of fourteen.

Roto13
11-17-2006, 02:29 PM
I'd rather seen an all new movie with new characters in a new world that feels like FF VI for some reason. :P

bipper
11-17-2006, 02:37 PM
their next movie better be chocobo pr0n. That being said, A movie and a series would be two different approaches. As kawaii said, a movie would more than likely fail, but an animated series would serve the cause better. Six is about the only final fantasy that I am happy that it left off where it did, honestly.

pantsofpower
11-17-2006, 07:14 PM
You're all probably right, and I don't think it's likely that such a movie will ever be made, but I would definately watch it. I think an adaptation of the actual game would be best, perhaps as a trilogy of movies, because of how long the story is. However, I think that Square would go for a prequel or sequel if they made a FF6 movie, because I think they'd rather give the fans something new, rather than release a movie that all the FF fans already knew the plot to. Like I said, I don't think such a movie will ever come about, likely because of how much more popular FF7 is, but I would still watch it. If square could come up with something, it would have to be pretty good. Maybe not spectacular, but good. I mean, I would watch it. I own AC. AC was one of the things that got me into Final Fantasy in the first place. Anyways, an FF6 movie is likely just wishful thinking, but starting with all their FF7 spinoff projects, Square has been doing a bunch of stuff like that lately. Who knows, maybe Fabula Nova Crystallis will contain an animated film. That would be more probable. But still, all the classics are being modernized (FFIII for the DS, anyone?) and it would be nice to see what is, in my opinion, the best old school Final Fantasy, and perhaps the best of them all. (Although X and XII are pretty d@mn good, too.)
*takes deep breath* Okay, post over.

vivi"s son#7
11-18-2006, 12:20 AM
chocobo pr0n.

:eek:

Goldenboko
11-18-2006, 02:28 AM
pr0n.
:drool:

pantsofpower
11-18-2006, 05:12 AM
chocobo pr0n.

And we have a new world record for the fastest topic derailment ever.

blackmage_nuke
11-18-2006, 07:01 AM
I'd like to see a movie (possibly a musical) based on the FFVI opera but it probably isnt going to happen

Siegfried
11-18-2006, 04:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bmj-H7o2v0

Not if it sux this badly....

pantsofpower
11-18-2006, 07:12 PM
:cry: The pain... Oh my eyes... oh my spleen... :cry:
I couldn't bring myself to watch more than a few seconds of that.

Prancing Mad
11-18-2006, 08:49 PM
prequel would be perfect, who wouldn't like to hear more details about the war of the magi?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-19-2006, 06:31 AM
The only problem with that is that it wouldn't feature any of the characters we know from the game, so the fan service aspect would be completely forfeit.

pantsofpower
11-19-2006, 06:46 AM
I don't know... I think that a lot of fans would love to find out more about the War of the Magi. Heck, I know I would.

Wolf Kanno
11-19-2006, 08:07 AM

Oh my god, I actually know these people... I mean um, no I never seen these horrible people who butchered my beloved game...

But on topic, I can't possibly imagine a sequel to this game. Out of all the FF's it was the one we could honestly say there was nothing to say. I could see a short ten minute follow up that took place a while later that tells what everyone was doing, But I can't imagine an epic or even somewhat interesting plot to make a sequel with that wouldn't out right ruin the original and not sound like fanfiction.

A prequel might work but as stated above, it would ruin the fallback plan of an original fan base if it was only about the War of the Magi. Even if it was about what most of the characters were doing before the game started, we already know most of it and they might as well just make a movie from the actual game.

blackmage_nuke
11-19-2006, 09:35 AM
A game staring Gogo, Siegfried and Ultros, that would be weird and interesting.

Theyed be like G.S.U!
Ultros: We're the magicite hunters, the falcon wings!
Siegfried: I am Sigfried, fear my name, Zigfried!
Gogo: I am Sigfried, fear my name, Zigfried!

Roto13
11-19-2006, 05:32 PM
I have something. A short film. Nothing big and huge, just a little bonus that, like, recaps the game or remakes one scene of it. Kind of like the Last Order OVA, except CGI.

Timerk
11-19-2006, 06:08 PM
I like the idea of FF games being self-contained stories, and I think that when Square tries to expand on that, it doesn't too much work. It was cool to think that Could and Sephiroth had one showdown for everything, not that they will meet again every 2-3 years. Or, it was fun to know that Spira had to rebuild, but not to see how they were rebuilding.

No more EU for FF games, basically.

Necronopticous
11-19-2006, 06:44 PM
No movies.

Unless you are proposing a racy animated film entitled: "Relm VS. Ultros: Second Encounter."

bipper
11-21-2006, 12:12 AM
chocobo pr0n.

And we have a new world record for the fastest topic derailment ever.

Check out Eyes on Eachother sometime. Amazingly faster. But the post was on topic :) Thankfully, there seems to be a subtle agreement that the game was actually ended proper. Even while paying due to the fan service in leaving a wide open world of renaissance, ready to birth a multitude of stories. Even an environmental sequel would take away from a lot of the magic of the ending.

Holy Lancer
11-21-2006, 03:33 AM
I would *kill* to see them make an animated movie out of 6 like they did for 7. And maybe some spinoff games too. I think 6 deserves it more. 7 is a good game but it's so overhyped.

I'd rather see them make one for 10. I think it has the best storyline.

Siegfried
11-21-2006, 04:14 AM
What about side-quest the video game?
That was already a (as I think) very lame way of making a sequel to Final Fantasy X....

pantsofpower
11-21-2006, 05:12 AM

I'd rather see them make one for 10. I think it has the best storyline.

That would also be awesome.
And then they can make a movie for IV, VIII and XII too! :tongue:

Avarice-ness
11-21-2006, 07:11 AM
I think that if they ever made an FFVI movie it should either revolve around the Magi war the 1000 years before and/or all the things that led into the game. Or! You could always bring Kefka back, I highly doubt one kill would put him down, Unlike Sephiroth no one would really be surprised(Even in the movie no one would be shocked) if Kefka just showed back up one day. It'd be more like
"GOD DA--.. I thought we killed you already! GO AWAY!"

I say, since even when you kill Kefka, the worlds still in Shambles, they can rebuild but the planet itself would never recooperate that fast, so there might as well be one more disaster that they could fend off, Like trying to get a new really big government in power that goes OMG Corrupt or something. We need conspiracys, they always make great plot twists.

"Sir, some man in Rags has applied to become the new chancelor of the state"
"What, What's his name"
"He says his name is Fekak"
"You know I guess Kefka just gave up on being original, Maybe if we let him in the government he'll go away, I mean, He can't do THAT much damage without all his magic, Maybe it'll make him go away."
*twenty minutes into Kefka being Chancelor*
"Well that certainly was a bad idea"

So either the Magi War or something to do with the fallen empire trying to reconstruct itself.

Or if anything, make a FULL-LENGTH (2 hours please) spanning the entire game, then all the stuff that it didn't give enough back story on it could, and plus then you could know exactly what would happen next and be all "OMG I DID THAT" the games got enough twists to hold its own movie, might as well just remake the game in animated movie form.

Roto13
11-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Two hours? Like, ten minutes of development for each character?

Avarice-ness
11-21-2006, 08:25 PM
Two hours? Like, ten minutes of development for each character?

Well then..

I don't object to making a series out of it, be better than Final Fantasy Unlimited anyways. :razz:

Moon Rabbits
11-22-2006, 03:44 AM
I like the idea of FF games being self-contained stories, and I think that when Square tries to expand on that, it doesn't too much work. It was cool to think that Could and Sephiroth had one showdown for everything, not that they will meet again every 2-3 years. Or, it was fun to know that Spira had to rebuild, but not to see how they were rebuilding.

No more EU for FF games, basically.

Yes. FFVII and FFX were both ruined by their sequels for me, and I hope the same does not happen to FFXII.

Avarice-ness
11-22-2006, 03:55 AM
So since no one wants prequels or sequels, I think we should just have a series that covers the story line of the game and help out with the character development.

Fire_Emblem776
11-22-2006, 05:35 AM
Id prefer an animated show, that way it can last some 50 episodes, hell pokemon has 400+ why not make FF.

Wolf Kanno
11-22-2006, 08:17 AM
After posting in the Best/Worst Villian thread I thought of an idea of a prequel idea that might not be great but something that I wouldn't mind seeing.

Kefka's past.

Perhaps a story that focuses mainly on Kefka joining and serving in the Imperial army with the story occasionaly (and hopefully cleverly) highlights moments of the other characters. We would get to know more about Terra, Celes, Cid, and Emperor Gestrahl. It could either end with the failed experiment that warped his mind or the opening of FF Anthology where he sends Terra to Narshe. But basically, it could finally explain whether Kefka was always a bastard or at least watch what made him who he is.

Hell they could even include Locke if they decide that Kefka was present at the attack that basically killed Racheal, as well as making him responsible for the death of the King of Figaro.

It's not a slam, bam, insert Hollywood explosions here, but it's at least intriguing and has some potential.

Roto13
11-22-2006, 06:05 PM
^^^ I actually like this.

bipper
11-22-2006, 07:18 PM
yeh, I think I am sold as well.

Takara
11-23-2006, 02:57 AM
No movies.

Unless you are proposing a racy animated film entitled: "Relm VS. Ultros: Second Encounter."

Hawt!

Edgar
11-23-2006, 06:19 AM

Is that relm holding the paintbrush...?:mad: