PDA

View Full Version : "Aria"? C'mon now.

Zeromus_X
11-17-2006, 02:13 PM
So I guess I should make this topic to ask how far everyone who's gotten the game is and what their characters' jobs are.

Just about to go into the sewers to get the flying shoes, and I have Luneth (Thief), Arc (White Mage), Refia (Knight), and Ingus (Ranger).

I remember having the Master on my party by now? I wonder why I don't have it. Maybe it's a part of the Earth Crystal now.

Polnareff
11-17-2006, 06:02 PM
I'm on the part right after Nepto Shrine (still can't figure out where to go after reporting back to Viking Base and talking to the boss), and I have a Warrior, a White Mage, a Thief, and a Monk, all at level 15.

On a side note, how do you get the rest of the jobs? Do you get them from crystals or from leveling up your present jobs?

Lunadis
11-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Me? I'm grinding in the Temple of Time since I ran into a Behemoth there (regular spawn) and he whiped out my Monk from full health to zero in a single turn. So I'm taking the opportunity to level up a lot so this doesn't happen again.

Oh, and my party;
Refia (Knight)
Ingus (Monk)
Arc (White Mage)
Luneth (Geomancer)

I'm changing my Monk to a Black Belt and Geomancer into a Summoner when I find them. Probably keeping my White Mage even after I get a Devout due to their surperior Agility.

And you get crystals just from progressing through the game.

EDIT - After clearing enough events; I'm going to restart my game with another party setup while it's still early. I've been using my Monk since the start of the game, but his damage has been on par with my Knight which can do a lot more in terms of covering my party. x_o I'm also dropping the Geomancer after two boss fights of only using the "Whirlpool" skill.

Polnareff
11-18-2006, 10:02 PM
Now I'm up to Doga's castle, with a Knight, Geomancer, Dragoon, and White Mage, all at level 30.

My Geomancer's probably kicking the most butt right now; he has high defense (due to the Gaia Vest) and pretty good attack with the Earthen Bell. And once every 10-15 Terrain attacks he uses Shadowflare, which actually does almost 9,000 points of damage now O.o;; My Geomancer's been able to end the last few boss fights in less than 5 turns with the Terrain command alone. :tongue:

Knights with a Blood Sword, another sword, and a high job level= FTW. He gets about 500 HP back after a regular attack. Damn.

Oh, and the name changes are taking a little bit to get used to. Especially "Unne" to "Unei."

Zeromus_X
11-18-2006, 11:46 PM
The katakana for Unne/Unei is ウネ (U ne), so at least Unei properly conveys how it's supposed to be pronounced.

Now, Syrcus on the other hand...O_o;

Just got the two keys. It's White Mage Kitty time!!! :cat: :love:

Refia (Knight, level 42)
Ingus (Ranger, level 42)
Luneth (Geomancer and now Thief because of the two awesome knives I've obtained, level 42)
Arc (White Mage, level 42)

Other jobs I've enjoyed: Dragoon. I love Jumping on things that are weak to whatever elemental spear they have, to do 8,000-9,999 damage. Ouch.

Geomancer: Random Shadowflares are very tasty indeed. But more practical, dual Rune Bells can deal almost 3,000 damage with enough hits.

Ranger: Dear goodness, this guy is great. Use Barrage for four attacks, or attack for solid damage, both of which are devastating to the enemy.

I'm thinking of changing Luneth to a Sage when I get the Earth Crystal jobs so I can actually use all these summons.

Lunadis
11-19-2006, 09:55 PM
I've also come quite a long ways with my restarted file.

Refia (43 Knight)
Luneth (43 Dark Knight, love it)
Arc (43 White Mage)
Ingus (43 Bard, Scholar when needed)

Basically I got a Bard to power up my melee fighters and a White Mage to keep everything running smoothly. Boss fights are sometimes better fought with my Scholar using one-time use items for damage beyond belief.

Zeromus_X
11-19-2006, 10:04 PM
Right now I have:

Refia (Knight, level 52)
Arc (Devout, level 50)
Ingus (Ninja, level 49)
Luneth (Sage, level 49)

I can go through the Crystal Tower and the World of Darkness with relative ease, but the final boss is just really tough. She's much, much, more difficult than the original version.

In addition to having 120,000 HP after the Warriors of Darkness weaken her, the Cloud of Darkness (who now has multiple personalities like FFIVA's Zeromus) has two tentacles to help her out now. This means that altogether, she gets a whopping six turns! Her tentacles can use weak normal attacks and a Bad Breath attack (which is nullified by Ribbons), and the Cloud herself has a pretty tough physical attack, along with a Thunder attack (hurts) and Particle Beam (previously known as Flare Wave or Surge Cannon), which does about 1,500 or more damage to the entire party! I've been throwing weapons at her with Ingus, attacking with Refia, and spam healing with Arc and Luneth, but eventually I'll mess up and lose. This is incredibly tedious without save states, and leveling up takes too long. I'll just have to keep on trying.

Also, the Tentacles cannot be hurt in any way, so you have to deal with thier harassment.

Xande Clones can no longer be Death'd. :(

So, she probably gets the honor of toughest FF final boss now. Or at least, she's pretty high up there.

atlanteay
11-19-2006, 10:51 PM
Final Boss already? is it that fast to get through?

Zeromus_X
11-19-2006, 11:04 PM
Since I played through the original version, and have devoted a good chunk of my free time this past week or so to playing it, I did speed through it pretty quickly. I'm certain anyone who hasn't played it before would take much more time, as it is the lengthliest of the first three FFs.