PDA

View Full Version : Disk 1 query...

IceAngel
11-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Hey peeps!

My 1st disk doesnt work... it gets to the bit where the forest comes alive but the game freezes and goes all green. I dont really wana have to buy the whole game again when it is just that disk i want replacing. Is there someway I can copy this disk to something to make it work. (i swear i'm not trying to break any laws hear) i just wana start my game over. Or is there some way i can get the disk on its own?

Quindiana Jones
11-18-2006, 10:47 AM
You can take it to a shop and have it cleaned. It's probably got a scratch somewhere and for a nice little price they'll get rid of it for you.

Yar
11-18-2006, 03:41 PM
There are also some places on the internet where you can get your discs professionally rebuffed and polished. I did that once and they can back practically brand new.

Lost Number
11-18-2006, 04:18 PM
If you are unable, or unwilling to do that, I would suggest using vodka, as this will serve some way to cleaning the disc, but will not remove scratches. I have also had some rather unusual success with toothpaste, believe it or not.

IceAngel
11-18-2006, 04:45 PM
... I think I'll stick to the cleaning/buffing of the disk, I'll probs do it more harm then good. Thanks guys!

spartancode117
11-18-2006, 05:06 PM
if you have a ps1, as soon as it freezes open the disc tray, spin the disc, and close it. it works, trust me, i had the same problems. havent tried it on a ps2 tho

boys from the dwarf
11-18-2006, 09:59 PM
doctor: take two of these a day.

will it fix it?

doctor: no. but you'll care less.

o.k seriously. im buying a new copy of FF9 because the disks are scratched and one of them doesn't work. i ordered it yesterday. its not so bad really.

if you cant get past that part and none of the other things work you'll just have to get a new copy.

IceAngel
11-19-2006, 05:06 PM
if you have a ps1, as soon as it freezes open the disc tray, spin the disc, and close it. it works, trust me, i had the same problems. havent tried it on a ps2 tho

Yeah, the last time I played disk one was on a ps1 but we got rid of it. Now on the second playthrough its on ps2. So i cant go the disk tray opening thing.

Btw, when it freezes it doesnt just freeze, it goes green too lol. Its very strange. And the grphics go a but weird too. Do you reckon its broken for good? If so should I just get a new one to save me getting it cleaned if it doesnt work?

Bart's Friend Milhouse
11-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Borrow someone elses

IceAngel
11-22-2006, 03:18 PM
I'm the only one that has ever owned the game out of my friends lol. I guess I'll have to buy a cheap on off ebay or sumfin. anyways, thanks guys!

f f freak
11-22-2006, 10:01 PM
My 1st disk doesnt work... it gets to the bit where the forest comes alive but the game freezes and goes all green. I dont really wana have to buy the whole game again when it is just that disk i want replacing. Is there someway I can copy this disk to something to make it work. (i swear i'm not trying to break any laws hear) i just wana start my game over. Or is there some way i can get the disk on its own?

I've had the same problem. I wasn't too worried about missing the cutscenes so I just opened the disc tray. And you can do the same on the PS2. It works for me.

RiseToFall
11-23-2006, 05:24 AM
If it was the second disk, then I would be able to help out. I've got an extra copy.

If your wondering why the hell I have two of them: When I purchased the game the first disk was fine and I thought all of them would be as well. After I started playing it and got to the second disc, I noticed a deep heavy scratch on the back. It was a new game, so it happened in the shipping or just some kind of defect, anyway. I went to return the copy and forgot that I left the second disc in my PS. The guy at the counter didn't notice because of the booklet covering it. He gave me a new game and now I'm stuck with two copies.

IceAngel
11-23-2006, 11:07 PM
I'll give the disk thing a try.
RiseToFall lucky for you that the shop dude wasnt very observant :tongue: