PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Savior (aka Darkstalkers)

Sylvie
11-18-2006, 03:23 AM
Who loves this game.

I love it, and I love it a lot. List your favorite characters.

For me, Jedah and Morrigan ftw.

PS: I'd totally lose my virginity to Morrigan.

Markus. D
11-18-2006, 03:52 AM
Felicia and Hsien-Ko.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-18-2006, 05:41 AM
Bulleta (http://www.lastupload.com/files/23/vamsavgreat.png) and Lilith (http://www.lastupload.com/files/23/vamsavmelting.png).

Polnareff
11-19-2006, 04:56 PM
Well, technically, the series in Japan is just called "Vampire," with "Vampire Savior" being the last major upgrade(there were 2 Japan-only upgrades to Vampire Savior, but neither were that significant).

Sorry, when it comes to Capcom, I am quite a bit nitpicky. :p

Anyway, my favorite characters are Donovan (yes, I'm aware he's not in the first Savior :P) and B.B. Hood (Bulleta in the Japanese version). I love all the characters but those are the ones that stand out.

Sylvie
11-19-2006, 05:05 PM
Well, technically, the series in Japan is just called "Vampire," with "Vampire Savior" being the last major upgrade(there were 2 Japan-only upgrades to Vampire Savior, but neither were that significant).
Well the one I had originally played was Vampire Savior. (twas an import from Japan on my PSX.)

Dreddz
11-19-2006, 05:23 PM
Bishamon and Donovan.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Vampire >> Darkstalkers
Vampire Hunter >> Night Warriors
Vampire Savior >> Darkstalkers 3

Polnareff
11-19-2006, 06:18 PM
Vampire Savior was also Vampire Savior here in America, at least the arcade version was.

But the American PSX port of Vampire Savior was Darkstalkers 3, which was actually an amalgam of Vampire Savior, Vampire Savior 2, and Vampire Hunter 2. Oddly enough, it's called Vampire Savior EX in Japan, like Genji pointed out.

Well the one I had originally played was Vampire Savior. (twas an import from Japan on my PSX.)

Like I said, I'm a nitpicker.

And plus, I just said that whole "OMG VAMPIRE SAVIOR IS NOT DARKSTALKERS 1" thing as a joke. I knew what you meant. Hence the tongue smiley. :D

Anyone else here have Vampire Chronicle for Dreamcast or Darkstalkers Chronicle: Chaos Tower for PSp? It's pretty good, but not the DS game to go to if you want arcade perfect.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-19-2006, 06:33 PM
Vampire Savior was also Vampire Savior here in America, at least the arcade version was.

But the American PSX port of Vampire Savior was Darkstalkers 3, which was actually an amalgam of Vampire Savior, Vampire Savior 2, and Vampire Hunter 2.But Vampire Savior 2 and Vampire Hunter 2 are basically the same game as Vampire Savior, merely tweaked in minor ways. They're more modes of play than games in their own right.

Polnareff
11-19-2006, 09:29 PM
That's why in my first post I said they were upgrades. ;)

Apparently the reason why Capcom made the two upgrades was because they couldn't fit all the characters and stuff into one game, so they made Hunter 2, but for fear of it being called a complete rehash of Savior, they took the endings out and replaced them with one big Pyron-based ending, making it more of a "what-if" game based off the events that happened after Nightwarriors Revenge (which explains Donovan, Pyron, and Phobos/Huitzil's appearances).

And they changed all the music to that of Nightwarriors' Revenge as well (along with the color motif). IIRC, they also changed the Dark Force command to Dark Power.

Savior 2 I don't remember all that well, but the Pyron ending was changed into a Jedah-based ending. That upgrade was actually pretty pointless.