PDA

View Full Version : The Scissor Sisters understand my need to drink the virgin blood of children

LunarWeaver
11-18-2006, 03:48 AM
For a long time, I have searched for music gay enough for me to listen to, but also with lyrics that related to my life.

Finally, the Scissor Sisters have granted me their presence. With disco-techno-rock-pop-WhateverBrjorkIs-style music set to lyrics about killing people by feeding them poisoned birthday cake, throwing them in a lake, or burying them alive, I feel like they could be writing songs about me.

So, does anybody else like this group? I like their new "Ta-Dah" Cd better than the self-titled album. Surprisingly, the slower "Intermission" is my favorite song...The lyrics to it fill my head with thought and the color magenta.

Rye
11-18-2006, 03:53 AM
I've heard a few songs of theirs and I like them, they have a kind of crazy feel to them that reminds me of a gay kind of Electric Six.

Rocket Edge
11-18-2006, 03:53 AM
'Take your mama out' song was great, other than that i don't really listen to them. A point has to be made however that they really have created a style of their own as you say.

White Raven
11-18-2006, 03:59 AM
I absolutely despise this band.

Ever since they brutally mutilated Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb, I have never been able to stand that high pitched voice and disco tunes.

:mad2:

Mitch
11-18-2006, 04:51 AM
I like Laura. Haven't heard anything other than the singles.

Rusty
11-18-2006, 05:38 AM
I only like I Don't Feel Like Dancing. I despise their name and somehow it's put me off their music.

Xander
11-18-2006, 09:55 AM
One of the few bands that bug me, especially their new song. I don't really know why I just can't listen to it.

Madame Adequate
11-18-2006, 12:30 PM
I do not like the Scissor Sisters one bit and I have no clue what the fuss is about.

BarelySeeAtAll
11-18-2006, 03:13 PM
i think theyre ok sometimes, i havent listened to them for quite sometime, and the last song i heard was i dont feel like dancin, and that was rubbish

charliepanayi
11-18-2006, 07:26 PM
I really shouldn't like Scissor Sisters by all my musical tastes, but somehow they defy all the logic in that I love a lot of their songs - both albums are pretty good for me, especially Laura, Return To Oz, I Don't Feel Like Dancing etc

My brother's sneering remark that they are the sort of band you should find in Butlins is still pretty funny though XD

Breine
11-19-2006, 01:47 PM
I like them quite a lot especially after seeing them live at the Roskilde Festival this summer. They really put on a show! Up until then I just thought they were an okay pop/cabaret band, but now I like them even more... I even went out and bought their debut CD (Their cover version of Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" is really good!). I haven't bought their new album "Ta-Dah", though, and I probably won't for some time.

Polaris
11-20-2006, 08:57 PM
I knew they were a band but when I saw their song I was just like 'What the hell?' their voice at the chorus is horrible :( it gives me chills!

Jack
11-21-2006, 04:44 AM
I love them. Perfect for dancing to, and listening to.

Markus. D
11-21-2006, 06:45 PM
I believe the Scissor sisters officially fit into the "Frock and Roll" genre.

like some of Nirvana's songs.

ps: Frock and Roll is a real genre, dont think I am mocking Nirvana.

Roto13
11-21-2006, 09:47 PM
I remember seeing them on Letterman and not liking them, but I don't remember what song they were playing or what I didn't like about it.