PDA

View Full Version : Funny and Painful

Quindiana Jones
11-18-2006, 11:05 AM
This is a place where you can post incidents of you getting hurt, but laughing about it afterwards.

I've got millions of these, so I'll post some later.

Sergeant Hartman
11-18-2006, 11:07 AM
Getting hit in the funny bone always makes me laugh :cool:

tailz
11-18-2006, 11:11 AM
falling of my skateboard while going to fast, I still have the scar on my arm.

But I got my friends worried by lying completely still. no movement at all, they were pretty scared :P:D

Anaisa
11-18-2006, 11:29 AM
Yesterday I jumped off the stairs, an hit my head against the wall at the top. I bet that looked funny.

Iceglow
11-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Ok you want painful things that I laugh at?

The Time I Broke My Funny Bone!

The time in a moshpit that I actually Fractured my funny bone and elbow joint! I laugh at it now especially since my then ex but on/off girlfriend had slept with her head on that elbow that night. When it happened I actually used the same arm to flip myself quite literally to my feet and carried on in the mosh pit I felt a bit of pain but figured smashing in to Parquet flooring does that. Next morning it hurt a lot more but I was seemingly ok. A woman accosted me with her handbag and I was on my knees trying to breathe with the pain. Even the doctor at the hospital said I was the first case of him being able to say "Well, you've broken your funny bone". It now leads to me cracking jokes at my own expense when people don't see the funny side of something or if I am considered too serious in a situation.

The Fractured Kneecap

This story was funny as hell for me in hindsight. In fact I found it pretty funny at the time apart from the intense amounts of pain.

Myself and Tinker's had met properly for the first time that day with mates around us, there was obvious flirting and we didn't pay much attention to the group around us. In not doing this we never truly noticed just how drunk one of the girls got. She'd called her boyfriend and his mate down from his house and he'd called me in a panic on the way.

Leaving our friend in the care of the rest of the group for a few minutes myself and Tinker's started racing each other to the tube station in camden town.

For about 150 - 200 meters Tinker's was infront of me but what can I say I wasn't too worried about the fact I was being beaten by a girl I was enjoying the view I was afforded of this sexy goth chick who I was very VERY interested in sprinting off down camden highstreet.

Eventually though my pace picked up and my longer legs carried me off in front of her. Disaster struck me! I was sprinting so fast that I was physically jumping, skidding and doing god knows what to get through the crowds of people. One group just wouldn't move so I leapt sideways and forwards to side jump back out in to the main pavement area (I was right up against the shops on the station side heading back to the station from the lock.) However due to the rain a shop keeper foolishly put cardboard boxes on the pavement outside his shop for customers to wipe their feet off on. Well the waterlogged card disagreed with my plan to leap back to the right and instead of my boots finding traction they found out how to slide. My entire body goes flat out 90 degrees to the floor and I desperately try and bring my body back around to the vertical position knowing that the ledge that existed just below me that I was leaping over would hurt less that way. I failed I managed to get myself to about 70 degrees from the floor and smashed down on my knee HARD! I was wearing new jeans that day and whilst I still own them I have now got a patch under the two parallel lines torn in to the right knee. I managed to pull myself in to a sitting position on the very ledge I had pulled myself up in to and sent Tinker's ahead to the station looking for a ginger guy called andy who was fat. (great description I know) She left me in the care of a friend of hers who she noticed, who complimented me on my falling style (thanks lol).

A few minutes later Tinker's and my friends come running back up to me and ask if I am ok. One of them sees my leg and the blood stain growing as the blood trickles out from the cut down the inside of the denim and predicts the hospital. I hate hospitals so was determined not to go. Determination meant I said "Lift me upright I can't straighten the leg myself from this position. If I stand unsupported then no hospital, if not someone call an ambulance." Tinker's and my mate lifted me and I managed to stand even putting weight on the injured knee.

Slowly we got back to the group at the lock and our drunk friend was taken home (still wearing both hers and my coats I believe because I was freezing in jeans and shirt so Tinker's warmed me up with a hug in her coat) The night didn't end there, we moved where it was a bit warmer and I could sit down (KFC) and carried on talking.

Outcome, my friends who had seen my knee were all concerned for me next day when they saw me limping in to work. All concern was lost as soon as they found out that I had been expertly taken care off by a very very attractive goth girl and had a possibility of a date with her if I contacted her.

There have been plenty of others and some very recent ones that Tinker's will remember from the summer but they aren't going to be posted.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
11-18-2006, 03:34 PM
I went to kick a punctured football and the ground was ridden with pieces of broken glass. Needless to say I buckled and some of the glass went straight into my kneecap. The scar is wearing thin now

Quindiana Jones
11-18-2006, 03:40 PM
Nice. Alrighty, I'll post one.

When I was 3ish, I think, I was sitting on the grass in the park outside my house. There was a fishing hook with line on the floor, and I suppose I wanted to know how sharp the hook was. It was quite sharp, and went straight through my right middle finger, just missing the nail. I screamed. VERY LOUDLY.

Vikeve
11-18-2006, 03:55 PM
Honestly Im the type of person that is constantly tripping down the stairs and tryping in my room when the lights are out.

I remember choking on cranberry juice when a friend told me a joke I couldn't breath for a while and I collapsed on the ground then I couldn't controle my laughing so I was gasping for air and I though "damn im gonna die like this?" meanwhile my friend was like uhhhh... you okay?

Another time was when a friend and I flooded my kitchen and we we were cleaning it up after my Mom found out what we did so once most was cleaned ou we were sliding around on the floor to see who could go farther and I couldn't stop so I fliped right over and landed right on my neck and on my back it really hurt but I kept on laughing.

My favorite didn't happen to me but someone else I was with.....

So I was at my friend's Jordans house and Jordan got his brother mad but jokingly since he was a retard he decided to imitate some move he saw so he jumped up high in the air and while in mid air his head slammed into the shandeler and he fillep over slammed in to the ground in rage he got back up o charge Jordan but he was disoreiented and he rammed his head straight into the corner of the table. he fell back to ground and grabed his aching head and said "ooooohh.... this really hurts.... damnit..... " then he relised eh was bleedeing and he was like "OH /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif!" and it was nasty blood was rushing out so he ran to the bathroom neraby and started splashing his face we laugh hard about that now though. If you were there seeing him flip over and scream o /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif you would be laughing too.:)

Thats it for now tired of typing.

Jess
11-18-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm clumsy so I'm always falling over/into things. Most of the time it does hurt but I have to laugh about it otherwise I'd get embarrassed! :jess:

Christmas
11-18-2006, 04:09 PM
I have a urge to post a 10000 words long post like everyone here but I figure it will be painful for everyone here so I decided to post something funny instead. :bigsmile:

BardTard
11-18-2006, 04:10 PM
Once I was gonna get braces and I had to get the spacer things and when they took those out they had to put the bands on and they couldn't find the right size, though it felt like they were on just fine, and it hurt like hell. So I was crying because it hurt so bad, and then laughing because I felt like such a wuss. Then I was crying and laughing at the same time. It was pretty funny. Oh, and I never got braces. My teeth are still kinda crooked. It made me mad though, cus they couldn't just find the right size...

Oh and another time, I was attacked by a chair. Yeah, it fell on top of me. I was laughing so hard, my friend called me and I couldn't talk, my mom had to talk for me. I know it doesn't seem that funny now but it was then. That reminds me of the time I got into a pillow fight (me fighting a pillow) and the pillow won. :lol: That wasn't really painful though.

DarkLadyNyara
11-18-2006, 10:14 PM
I did a face plant in the parking lot at school. Tripped over a wire, and tore my leg up, (Oddly enough, my jeans were fine) and mangled my dignity. I still get laughs out of it. Actually, I usually laugh afterwards- i get weird injuries.

McLovin'
11-18-2006, 10:17 PM
Recently I tried to balance myself as I walked on a very skinny wall (like between the concrete and the grassfield) but I tripped over a wobbly portion of it fell backwards and smashed my head. :(

Then 2 people saw me helped me up. Twas quite embarrassingly funny.

Rye
11-18-2006, 10:19 PM
I'm clumsy so I'm always falling over/into things. Most of the time it does hurt but I have to laugh about it otherwise I'd get embarrassed! :jess:

Same here! :p

Alive-Cat
11-18-2006, 10:22 PM
The other day a very small 12 year old I'd never saw before ran up to me, punched me in the nose, and ran away.
I thought it was broken for the rest of the day, and when he originally did it it really did hurt like hell, despite his size.
But yeah, I laughed about it the second it happened.

Levian
11-18-2006, 10:30 PM
I unintentionally stapled my finger while reading a boring post by a member. Not going to say which member, but it was funny 'cause I usually staple out in the air when I'm bored, and I guess you could say that an EoFF member made me bleed because he was being boring. I giggled a little.

sephirothishere
11-18-2006, 10:57 PM
..hahahah...the day before yesterday...i was walkin along...and somehow managed to stand on the chord of my upright vacuum cleaner....and the vacuum cleaner flew backwards and hit me right in the balls....ouch...i didnt laugh....i cryed...a little....it was very sore...

vorpal blade
11-18-2006, 11:22 PM
I put a boogieboard on the arm of a couch and got on top of it. Then I fell off. About three feet to the ground. I broke my elbow and needed surgery to rotate a piece of bone that had chipped off. Needless to say, it hurt.

Savern Volaco
11-18-2006, 11:29 PM
Never hears of this one before...I bet.
Okay I was Hiking up this mountain path and I hit a loose rock and lost my footing, from there on I lost my pack and I started tumbling down the path while off to my left was a cliff about two hundred feet deep, any way while tumbling down this very sharp angle my arms and legs flailing while I was laughing insanely I was enjoying my near death expirience.

I was rolling a bend popped up and I went right over it from there I hit tons of loose gravel so I started sliding, the rocks causing me to go faster and faster, soon I shot over a way deep hole looked bottom less about ten feet wide all the way around I shot over it and slammed and lannded on the edge of the ledge knocking the wind out of me I grabbed the edge just before I started to fall and I barely pulled my self up I rested on a ledge on the top of a cliff edge Breathing hard and while I tried to breath I couldn't stop laughing. after about ten minutes of struggled breathing I stopped laughing and I stood shakily and I shouted to my Hiking buddy "I might need some help" that as when I saw my legs and my arms and the rest of my body bleeding from small cuts and bruises my clothing was shredded pretty much and I was a little dizzy from the tumbling. My Buddy rigged up the rope and tossed me it I swung acroos the very deep hole and made it back to the original path.

*I went home and crashed
*I awoke the next day in alot of pain but I was still laughing and I had saw my life plash boefore my eyes so I just slept some more

the end

sephirothishere
11-19-2006, 12:08 AM
hhahahhaa...thats happened to all of us....
...:shifty:

yumi
11-19-2006, 12:14 AM
I ended up burning my hand badly because I couldn't figure out which electric hob was on so I decided to touch them all till I found the right one. I ended up jumping round the house like a loon using some pretty colourful language. My flatmate were laughing too hard to show any sympathy.

Reles
11-19-2006, 03:24 AM
When I wake up in the morning, I try to win the lets get ready in 5 minutes marathon so I can get as much sleep as possible. So I wake up, I ran full speed into the door, opened the door, than I ran and hit the stair pillars. It was quite painful but I heard my mum murmur "are you okay?"

I run into a lot of stuff it seems and somehow I manage to trip over nonexistant objects.

Jigsaw
11-19-2006, 03:35 AM
When I was 7 I had a tree house. It wasn't terribly well built, couple floorboards, some walls, and a tarp used for the roof. My friends and I had our own little club and we held meetings there. It wasn't that much of a club really, since only we knew about it. To get up to the top you had to use this rope ladder that we made ourselves. Each rung was different. One was a piece of wood, one a pipe, one an old road flare, etc. One day as I was going up the ladder my foot slipped on the second to last rung (the pipe). I fell. I didn't fall to the ground, though. Somehow the ladder had snapped, with the edge of the pipe catching the end of my pants, hopding me there. Upside down. By my pants. My pants! They were really cheap pants, my mom actually sewed them herself. Problem was I was the last one to go up, so my friends couldn't get out of the tree to help me down. So I hung there for a while. Don't worry, it wasn't that far up, so I wouldn't have died if I fell. Probably would have hit my head pretty hard. Kind of wish I did, it would be a good excuse for some things. Eventually a neighbor saw me there and went to get my mom and they helped me down. She was pissed about my pants too.

Also another time my brother hit me with a candle stick because he wanted to be like the game Clue.

Cipher
11-19-2006, 04:39 AM
*decides to forgo telling the story about getting her head stuck in the banister during a Christmas party*

Well... I'm a really clumsy person anyway, but one of the funniest incidents was back when I lived in DC. I was on my way home from an interview that went surprisingly well and along the way, I spotted a guy that I thought was utterly sexy. Mind you, it was the dead of winter so the streets and sidewalks were extremely icy. But I didn't care, y'know?

As I was walking past him, I tried to give him that sultry look-type thing, you know the come hither one? Totally didn't see that patch of ice in front of me...and the next thing I knew, skidded forward a few inches, straight into a light pole.

And he was totally watching. >.< So I tried to play it off and walked away as fast as I could. Yeah it's funny now, but it wasn't cute at the time. :(

Jigsaw
11-19-2006, 04:41 AM
Tell the bannister one!

Cipher
11-19-2006, 04:57 AM
Welllllllllllll....

I was seven(teen) at the time, and playing peekaboo with one of the younger kids at a family Christmas party, right? I was sitting on the stairs and the kid was just beyond it, and I had my face against the bars because I was making silly faces.

She thought it'd be a laugh if she grabbed my hair and pulled. I kept saying 'Ow, ow, let go, let go...', and to lessen the pull I was moving my head forward. She finally let go and I tried to pull my head back....only...I couldn't. >.<

The kid was laughing, which got the adults attention and soon everyone knew I was stuck in the banister. But did anyone help me? Nooooooo. They laughed and took a polaroid. And they still haven't let me live it down yet.

NorthernChaosGod
11-20-2006, 01:06 AM
I only laugh when others get hurt. :cool: