PDA

View Full Version : unlimited saga?

Fatal Impurity
11-18-2006, 02:42 PM
ive just seen it for £16.99 and was wondering if i should buy it....is it any good? if so whats good about it?

Nasarian Altimeros
11-18-2006, 02:53 PM
I have never heard of anyone enjoying this game.

NeoCracker
11-18-2006, 06:45 PM
Sounds like a crappy version of Saga Frontier.

escobert
11-18-2006, 10:47 PM
Yeah Unlimited Saga is supposed to be the worst in the series. Although I love the saga games I'd say pick up Romancing Saga.

RiseToFall
11-19-2006, 12:06 AM
Leave it on the shelf.

Fatal Impurity
11-20-2006, 10:48 AM
ok then...can anyone explain WHY its so bad though....?

Everit
11-21-2006, 07:51 AM
There really is no true RPG feel. You feel like you're playing a board game because you are on a board and you have roll die to move you character, and the battle system is really weird, and has no true purpose.

My name is...something..?
11-21-2006, 06:33 PM
I got it for free and I still don't want it.
:mad:

I'd probably only get about a dollar for it at the store, so meh.

Necronopticous
11-21-2006, 06:55 PM
Of course you should get it, it's a fantastic game.

escobert
11-22-2006, 03:00 AM
Necro, do you really think so? I'm actually very interested in this game as I loved Saga Frontier 1 & 2 and Romancing Saga.

Necronopticous
11-22-2006, 03:07 AM
I like every game in the SaGa series.

Unlimited SaGa is a great game if you can stomach something completely unique. If you're looking for anything standard, or a game that's going to share characteristics with anything else you've ever played, you'll likely hate Unlimited SaGa. The series is not popular in the states mostly due to this. It's a lot more popular in Japan, where people are more generally open to experimentation in game mechanics.

If you loved the other games, as you say, I see no reason why you shouldn't enjoy Unlimited SaGa as well.

Fatal Impurity
11-22-2006, 01:36 PM
cool but is it really worth £16.99 though? btw My name...is something..?
how much whould you sell your unlimited saga if your so pissed off at it...?

Markus. D
11-25-2006, 11:16 PM
good character development.

and you can get over the "boardamey" feel if you choose a character that suits you.

its really complicated to play though...

its quite an adventure though :]

Grendal
02-05-2007, 10:28 AM
Unlimited SaGa is actually one of my favorite games. (I'm more of a fan of the SaGa series than Final Fantasy) However, it's definitely not for everyone. In fact, I'd say the target audience is pretty small.

If you're familiar with the old tabletop games such as Dungeons & Dragons, then you'll fit right in. The gameplay presents itself as a sort of storybook / tabletop ordeal. There's geneally no free movement or immersive, 3D worlds -- just selecting which point you want to travel to, and then watching various conversations ensue. The battles are your standard turn-based engine, but with far more randomization and a major dependency on luck.

Since it's relatively cheap, I'd go ahead and pick up a copy just so you can check it out. If you don't like it, then it's not like you've really wasted much money.

EDIT: Sorry. I didn't mean to resurrect this. I actually have my forum settings to display ALL threads, regardless of date.