PDA

View Full Version : I am NANNY MANUS

Christmas
11-18-2006, 04:04 PM
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/6013/christmanus2tt2.gif

So do you roleplay and do you like it? Share your precious opinions here. :bigsmile:

Jess
11-18-2006, 04:07 PM
No, I don't roleplay! Do I like it? I wouldn't know. :jess:

Kuroshima
11-18-2006, 04:11 PM
I roleplay.^^ and I like it.

The Devil Man
11-18-2006, 04:13 PM
Yes I do! :hyper:

Sometimes I like to wear women's underwear and even dress up as a Beautiful Goddess when no one's home! It's great fun! :hyper:

Bart's Friend Milhouse
11-18-2006, 04:50 PM
I decided to ban myself from the writers corner

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
11-18-2006, 05:01 PM
Yeah i roleplay i actually even won a roleplay thread just for you to see how good i am:rolleyes2

But not recently as i see the roleplaying threads are losing some of their magic:eep:

Iceglow
11-18-2006, 05:06 PM
I RP but not free rp (as in going out meeting people irl and rping) I do a lot of "free rp" on a computergame I play over the net with everyone on there. I have several characters. (since you are allowed 2 on the main server, a 3rd on a different server and a fourth and fith slot becomes available on a couple of pay servers, I have 5 slots.) My favourites are a female Drow elf called Lasuria she's a real bitch to put it politely. She's a feminist, lesbian touch to my current attitudes and beliefs. She allows me to express my sadism and inner feelings about other men. A human called Beoran is literally me, I get to act myself out in a few years (the character is approaching 40) and his personality is a straight graft of mine. And Arrath. Arrath is a ghoul who cannot speak or write so has to convey everything by hand signals, unless a vampire or lich is nearby to read his mind, he represents how I feel society sees me if I shut up and stopped speaking/writing they would forget me just like they tend to forget Arrath (even if he is in the top 10 powerful of his race).

edit: anyone interested in this game pm me and I can give you a link.

Ryth
11-18-2006, 05:09 PM
I used to roleplay a lot, and people said I was pretty good at it, but I haven't roleplayed in a while. I try to get back in, but it never exactly works. Guess I'm "retired."

Timerk
11-18-2006, 05:32 PM
Yes.

Sometimes you like to be on the top, sometimes you need to be on the bottom.

Jigsaw
11-18-2006, 05:41 PM
Sometimes I pretend that I'm listenin' to my mom when I'm really not. Does that count?

Cipher
11-18-2006, 07:04 PM
ooooh! Yup, I sure do RP. Free-form Literary RP. Those of you that have ever RP'd on AOL know that you can also incorporate dice into your gaming environment. It's a lotta lotta lotta fun, actually. I even run my own RP group. :D

Been doin' it for years, I'm a veteran of it.

Roto13
11-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Last night he was a viking and I was America and... he conquered me.

Mitch
11-18-2006, 09:39 PM
I MMORPG

McLovin'
11-18-2006, 09:47 PM
I am Magus of Zeal.

Levian
11-18-2006, 09:48 PM
Working in customer service is roleplaying enough. Of course you can use our toilet and don't flush, we don't mind discovering that the next day.

Iceglow
11-18-2006, 09:50 PM
yeah having to be so kind and polite to people in customer service is like RPing a tavern maid :P

Agent Proto
11-18-2006, 10:07 PM
I roleplay on LJ. Does that count?

Alive-Cat
11-18-2006, 10:34 PM
I've never seen the attraction in it, myself. :tongue:

Psychotic
11-19-2006, 12:39 AM
I roleplay a roleplayer. It's pretty easy going, actually. All I need to do is wash once a month and occasionally brush the crumbs out of my beard. "Mom, I told you to knock before entering the Painkeep!"

Old Manus
11-19-2006, 12:42 AM
Oh God, no.

Shoeberto
11-19-2006, 01:02 AM
Every now and again I wield my D20 like a mighty blade and engage in heroic and valiant battles against evil fiends and then we decide it's time for a pizza run and we just sorta watch TV the rest of the night.

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-19-2006, 01:13 AM
Text based RPing, yes. Not on EoFF though, another site. It is fun. I have slightly over a dozen characters, though many of them are under-developed.

Madonna
11-19-2006, 04:13 AM
I have not role-played in a bit, but I enjoyed it when I did. I fell out of participating at tGA because, well, that is what everyone there does.

NorthernChaosGod
11-20-2006, 01:03 AM
Yes.

Sometimes you like to be on the top, sometimes you need to be on the bottom.

Shaun
11-20-2006, 03:01 PM
Another great piece of art, Christmas. No, I don't. I don't look up to people enough to do that. As for RPing a fictional character... why?

Xander
11-20-2006, 03:19 PM
Only if it's naughty!

Or if it's pretending to be something kitty-like. Those are fun.

Fatal Impurity
11-20-2006, 03:43 PM
i only roleplay if sex is involved...or EOFF...

Sefie1999AD
11-20-2006, 04:00 PM
No, I don't roleplay, so I don't know if I'd like it or not. I'm not really that interested in roleplaying, though. It's tough enough to be myself every now and then. :p

Owen Macwere
11-20-2006, 06:13 PM
Yes, i do, but not alot lately. Losing my touch I guess. :bigsmile:

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Haven't had time recently, but I tend to prefer tabletop to forum-based, although I do a lot more of the latter given how much of a pain setting up tabletop roleplays can be sometimes.

Moon Rabbits
11-20-2006, 06:31 PM
I am Moon Rabbits. I like being Moon Rabbits.

Martyr
11-20-2006, 07:27 PM
I used to roleplay adventure stories out in the woods.

Then I turned 9, and wound up literate.

(Writing my own stories is cooler than pretending I'm in somebody else's)

But I still fool around in the performing arts on occasion.

Cipher
11-20-2006, 09:05 PM
I used to roleplay adventure stories out in the woods.

Then I turned 9, and wound up literate.

(Writing my own stories is cooler than pretending I'm in somebody else's)

Heeey, not every character in roleplay is based on somebody else's story. Me personally, I've created a range of characters that aren't based on anything except my own imagination. Granted, if I ever get my lard butt in motion long enough to write that book I've had sitting on the edge of my brain, I'll be using said characters...

But, bottom line, you can be original in RP! :D

Martyr
11-20-2006, 09:14 PM
I know. I did the whole D&D thing.

But something about too much RPing bothers me. I can't exactly put my finger on it, but itseems like it's wrong somehow or inferior or, perhaps- Well, I'm very practical for a guy who likes Final Fantasy. And I think that RPing is a form of creative storytelling that can only be used for entertainment purposes, and I shy away from it because of that.

For example, even if you do manage to write an epic saga about your characters in their RP adventures, it'll still be extreme fiction (Almost definitely), and as such almost impossible to market.

I have spent an exorbitant amount of time, talent, and teaching in my efforts to escae the realms of fantasy writing and move toward realism, magical or otherwise.

Quindiana Jones
11-20-2006, 09:27 PM
I like pretend I am Christmas. It make me much sexy.

BarelySeeAtAll
11-20-2006, 09:34 PM
i do not,i cannot like it if i do not

Hawkeye
11-20-2006, 09:34 PM
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/6013/christmanus2tt2.gif

So do you roleplay and do you like it? Share your precious opinions here. :bigsmile:
No, I have a life.

Cipher
11-20-2006, 10:19 PM
For example, even if you do manage to write an epic saga about your characters in their RP adventures, it'll still be extreme fiction (Almost definitely), and as such almost impossible to market.

Well yeah, you've got a point there. Then again, I would probably be publishing it for the sake of saying 'Hey, I wrote a book and it's on the market!' I mean seriously, guys dig chicks that write. :cool:

Besides, even if there were a decent demand for fantasy books, I still wouldn't make it my primary money-making tool... because then it wouldn't be writing for the sake of writing. I would be forcing myself to come up with new ideas and that kind of kills the process for me. =/

But yeah, role-playing is escapism for me. I wish I had more of your practicality, though.

Martyr
11-20-2006, 10:24 PM
But yeah, role-playing is escapism for me. I wish I had more of your practicality, though.

It's no good to strive to be practical.
My creativity and writing talent is all I got. If you can keep it fun and still make a living, don't sacrifice your dreams for the world.