PDA

View Full Version : No! Not the puns!

Dagga
11-18-2006, 04:14 PM
OMG I hate puns they do my head in!!!!!!
They're everywhere! Perhaps even taking over the world?!

Why why why why why why why?!?!...

Although they do help with headlines I guess... BUT SERIOUSLY lessen up people!
:mad:

Jess
11-18-2006, 04:15 PM
Puns are good if they're actually funny. Or so rubbish that they're funny. :jess:

Giga Guess
11-18-2006, 04:15 PM
Stay away from Sluggy Freelance, then.

Madame Adequate
11-18-2006, 04:25 PM
Fish puns are amazing. I just can't kelp enjoying them, I have a whale of a time :jess: Cod someone help me? Otherwise I've haddock it.

Not to carp on about it, although this thread is the plaice, but puns are sometimes truly dire and sometimes truly hilarious. And if you're floundering here, it's your own fault. If you start a thread complaining about puns, you beta be ready to suffer.

All these fish puns are making me eel. I'm going to crab some shuteye.

Dagga
11-18-2006, 04:40 PM
I had a feeling this would happen...

Iceglow
11-18-2006, 05:00 PM
lol. I like puns I tend to make bad ones at times too often but then my humour is twisted and cruel. If you ever want to know how cruel, ask me about some of my ex's.

Quindiana Jones
11-18-2006, 06:10 PM
I love puns. But I also hate them because they're one of the few things I can never pull off properly.

The Devil Man
11-18-2006, 06:14 PM
I love puns. But I also hate them because they're one of the few things I can never pull off properly.

I thinky Quinnykins is a punny guy! :chuckle:

He makes me laugh. Quinny is the punniest guy in the whole wide world! :laughing:

Vincent, Thunder God
11-18-2006, 07:19 PM
I really hate puns as well; they tend to be lame.

There is that random occurence when, somehow, a pun is really funny, but it's rare.

~*~Celes~*~
11-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Puns always make me LOLZ.

DarkLadyNyara
11-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Fish puns are amazing. I just can't kelp enjoying them, I have a whale of a time :jess: Cod someone help me? Otherwise I've haddock it.

Not to carp on about it, although this thread is the plaice, but puns are sometimes truly dire and sometimes truly hilarious. And if you're floundering here, it's your own fault. If you start a thread complaining about puns, you beta be ready to suffer.

Incorrigible punster. Do not incorrige. :D

Agent Proto
11-18-2006, 10:42 PM
Puns are great when executed properly. A poor example is one that can't afford to make sense, or doesn't make any cents.

vorpal blade
11-18-2006, 11:27 PM
Fish puns are amazing. I just can't kelp enjoying them, I have a whale of a time Cod someone help me? Otherwise I've haddock it.

Fish puns are great. People should make fish pun just for the halibut.

Jigsaw
11-19-2006, 04:32 AM
Please no one mention the new Nintendo system, please no one mention the new Nintendo system...

Mitch
11-19-2006, 04:38 AM
Puns are great when executed properly. A poor example is one that can't afford to make sense, or doesn't make any cents.

zing

Quindiana Jones
11-19-2006, 08:45 AM

Fish puns are amazing. I just can't kelp enjoying them, I have a whale of a time Cod someone help me? Otherwise I've haddock it.

Fish puns are great. People should make fish pun just for the halibut.

Please. Kill me. :(

blackmage_nuke
11-19-2006, 09:26 AM

Fish puns are great. People should make fish pun just for the halibut.Then we'd all get along swimmingly:)

vorpal blade
11-19-2006, 09:55 AM

Fish puns are great. People should make fish pun just for the halibut.Then we'd all get along swimmingly:)

Then shell we make it our life's porpoise then?

blackmage_nuke
11-19-2006, 10:06 AM

Then shell we make it our life's porpoise then?Water great suggestion!!

Quindiana Jones
11-19-2006, 11:36 AM
Oh God NO! :cry:

blackmage_nuke
11-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Oh God NO! :cry: Oh Cod YES!!:D

Quindiana Jones
11-19-2006, 11:43 AM
The only thing that could make this thread worse would be if I were using Fluffy Puff.

EDIT: Yup, it made it worse.

No.78
11-19-2006, 12:47 PM
Those who use puns must be punished.

DarkLadyNyara
11-19-2006, 08:50 PM
Urge...to...kill...rising...

blackmage_nuke
11-19-2006, 08:57 PM
I can sea this thread has pun in a negative direction

Nominus Experse
11-19-2006, 09:01 PM
If the puns are done in a manner that doesn't sound stupid, than they are fine, and sometimes clever and witty.

However, the puns in this thread have largely been quite... sad... and they are only getting worse.

I will say it's somewhat frustrating when you make a pun without realizing it. And then people focus on the arbitrary pun, which is many times crap, but on the rare ocassion, genius.

Giga Guess
11-20-2006, 01:29 AM

Come on now. You otter know better than to make shameful puns like that.

Clouded Sky
11-20-2006, 08:08 AM
I'm the sort of guy who likes puns.

And one way or another, my best one this year was completely unintentional.

My roomate and I were walking and a biker went by. My roomate shouted "HI!" and once he passed, I turned around and yelled "BYE CYCLIST!"

It was probably one of those "had to be there sort of things", but it was really quite humorous.

Quindiana Jones
11-20-2006, 10:05 AM

Come on now. You otter know better than to make shameful puns like that.

:crying:

nik0tine
11-20-2006, 07:47 PM
In regards to spending too much time at EoFF, a wise man once said "All things in moderation, unless you're trying to become a CK."

Yuna-Lenne
11-20-2006, 07:54 PM
I hate thinking up puns. :p. It's hard, and I have to do one for English Language coursework. >_<

haha :jess: Maybe you could help? :p (Nah, I like doing my own work. :))