PDA

View Full Version : Do Mermaids deserve Human Rights?

The Devil Man
11-18-2006, 07:11 PM
The other day, as your Good Friend Devil Man was watching The Little Mermaid on the Disney Channel, he was struck by an interesting thought...

Yes! He was! :eek:

As he watched the luscious Beautiful Sea Goddess Ariel (sexy! :hyper:) swimming around in the Ocean wearing only a bikini he suddenly wondered:

Do Mermaids deserve Human Rights?

Or do they deserve Animal Rights (even though they are a fishy fish)

And do Fish have rights too? :confused:

For you see... Mermaids are half Human, half Fish. So do they deserve half Human Rights and half Animal Rights? Or do they deserve full Human Rights and full Animal Rights? In which case... isn't that discriminating against us ordinary Humans? :mad2: Because we don't get Animal Rights as, ummm... we are Humans!

Let us solve this Mystery which has puzzled philosophers such as Socrates, Plato and Aristotle for many thousands of years once and for all, oh beloved EoFF'ers!!!

Rye
11-18-2006, 07:19 PM
Depends if it's the mermaid with the lady top and the fish body or the fish top and lady bottom. :p

LunarWeaver
11-18-2006, 07:21 PM
Mermaids and mermen are a threat to us and should be eliminated. :mad2:

Edit: And they deserve human rights.

Frozen Phantom
11-18-2006, 07:29 PM
ALL MERMAIDS AND MERMEN MUST DIE!!! they will no longer get away with their evil songs and dark undertones. RISE MY WARRIORS RISE!!!

The Devil Man
11-18-2006, 07:36 PM
Depends if it's the mermaid with the lady top and the fish body or the fish top and lady bottom. :p

Let us assume, for the sake of this Intellectual discussion, that it is the sexy type of Mermaid, like Ariel, the Little Mermaid...

Ergo...

The Mermaid with the lady top and fish body! :drool:

Iceglow
11-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Human rights I assume as long as like Ariel and her fellow mer-folk in the little mermaid they have an intellect and an ability to converse. IE> that they are human but have the genetics to develop a fish tail.

Levian
11-18-2006, 07:52 PM
Depends if they taste good or not.

I don't think they'd want to be associated with us filthy humans, though.

Lindy
11-18-2006, 07:52 PM
This is...I mean but...

This is just too surreal to respond to.

Roogle
11-18-2006, 07:56 PM
You shouldn't worry your pretty self about such petty problems, Lindy. Let me take care of it.

I'd say that the mermaid civilization would be dealt with in a very diplomatic manner, but it'd be hard to communicate on a normal basis until they develop the technology to do all that! There is, also, the matter of the Mermaid Problem...

Venom
11-18-2006, 07:56 PM
As long as they dont do a huge revolt against humanity I see no problem with them having human rights.

Anaisa
11-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Mermaids like the ones you're refering to, are more human than animal, so they should have human rights.

Xander
11-18-2006, 08:23 PM
This reminds me that I was listening to "part of your world" from The Little Mermaid last night! And no, they deserve Mermaid Rights.

Shauna
11-18-2006, 08:33 PM
They deserve Human Rights! >=(

Vincent, Thunder God
11-18-2006, 08:56 PM
What an odd question.

I've voted all human rights. After all, they seem to act a lot like humans.they talk, think, and behave like us (except for the fact that they have gills and can swim really well) and their treatment it more deserving of human treatment than animal treatment.

Lindy
11-18-2006, 09:02 PM
I'm not sure whether I'm more worried by the concept of the thread or the fact that people are acting as if Mermaids are real.

sephirothishere
11-18-2006, 09:18 PM
Depends if it's the mermaid with the lady top and the fish body or the fish top and lady bottom.

theres advantages/disadvantages to each of those...but...mermaids try to kill you with theire sexyness....but..i spose theres worse ways to die.....ya...but...mermaids deserve human rights...but what about seahags???i think htey should be killed....

Roto13
11-18-2006, 09:21 PM
Salads can be juicy?

Vincent, Thunder God
11-18-2006, 09:32 PM
I'm not sure whether I'm more worried by the concept of the thread or the fact that people are acting as if Mermaids are real.

I'm doing so for the sake of argument.

*fumes*

What do you think we are, in Junior Kindergarden?

Martyr
11-18-2006, 09:38 PM
Animal rights.

McLovin'
11-18-2006, 10:00 PM
The top half deserves human rights while the bottom half deserves to be grilled.

DarkLadyNyara
11-18-2006, 10:00 PM
Assuming they existed, and had the same intellectual capacity as humans, yes.

vorpal blade
11-18-2006, 11:44 PM
They deserve merfolk rights. Anything related to their upper body deserves human rights and their bottoms deserve animal rights. Meaning that it is legal to have sex with the upper half while grilling the bottom half.

Quindiana Jones
11-19-2006, 08:34 AM
This is...I mean but...

This is just too surreal to respond to.

If it's too surreal, why did you post? TWICE. NAKED.

I say human rights, because...actually I dunno. I don't think it'd be fair for them to have human and animal. Besides, human rights pretty much covers it all anyway.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-19-2006, 10:26 AM
It's a moot point since mermaids will never consort with humans anyway. We all know that eating a mermaid's flesh will grant a human immortality, and c'mon, that's got to be scary stuff on their end.

Nasarian Altimeros
11-19-2006, 10:33 AM
I think they should have rights, but at the same time I think we should take their children away and have them raised by caring, human families.

Because we are better at raising their children than they are.

The Captain
11-19-2006, 11:42 AM
This raises such questions too such as: Does Bat Boy get treated as a human minor or bat minor should he be arrested for *insert petty crime here*?

Take care all.

Quindiana Jones
11-19-2006, 11:48 AM
This raises such questions too such as: Does Bat Boy get treated as a human minor or bat minor should he be arrested for *insert petty crime here*?

Take care all.

HIJACKING! OH MY GOD HIJACKING!

Levian
11-19-2006, 12:22 PM
I'm sure we could get them to lift Titanic for us if they all pulled on 3. I mean, we can't give them rights before exploiting them for a few years first. This is just the natural flow of such things.

No.78
11-19-2006, 12:43 PM
They should get mermaid rights!

Novaris
11-19-2006, 07:31 PM
They're fish people, not human beings. So I would think not. Life is such a sad, sad thing. Especially for those mermaids. They do taste delicious on the grill though. Has been a few hundred years since I tasted one.

Decessus
11-19-2006, 07:37 PM
I'm all for causing the destruction of another race.

C'mon, nobody noticed when I burned down the enchanted unicorn forest or poured toxic waste in the Loch Ness.

sephirothishere
11-19-2006, 08:10 PM
C'mon, nobody noticed when I burned down the enchanted unicorn forest or poured toxic waste in the Loch Ness

ya..but nobody cared about them in the first place....

nik0tine
11-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Fire hoses don't work on mermaids.

Yamaneko
11-19-2006, 08:31 PM
If I had my way we'd line 'em up against a wall...

rubah
11-19-2006, 10:19 PM

You mean like. . .MISS FISH?
http://www.snowy-day.net/stuff/halffish.png

NorthernChaosGod
11-20-2006, 01:53 AM
They deserved to be grilled, but no salad. Salad is for pussies.

41-Inches-Wide
11-20-2006, 03:57 AM
Mermaids have honorary human rights. In return for all the work they do on preserving of our seas.

EDIT: We must also tackle their rights as mutants.

bipper
11-21-2006, 12:22 AM
not even humans deserve human rights.

Giga Guess
11-21-2006, 12:34 AM
Y'know....this is a good question! O_o

I went for both Full Human and Full Animal rights.

yojimbosoul
11-21-2006, 12:40 AM
Can the salad have topping?

Sakura
11-22-2006, 01:09 AM
Lol well since mermaids don't really exist i'll pretend we're in some Harry Potter scenery.

Most mermaids seem to be alot like humans, think alike, talk alike. They just have fish tails and can't walk on land. I'm sure that someplace like Atlants they have their own rights and laws. It's probabbly like the laws we have uptop. Like The Little Mermaid =p
So I guess if a mermaid were to come onto land they should have human rights too.

Quindiana Jones
11-22-2006, 08:58 AM
Actually, in the Harry Potter books the Merms had their own language. So they didn't talk alike whatsoever :bigsmile: