PDA

View Full Version : BlitzBall

Albel
11-19-2006, 12:52 AM
Who thinks blitzball cheats. The blitzball guide says something like: If you have the ball and you've got 6 EN points and the defender has 2 AT points the sum is, 6-2=4, so you you should endure there tackle and get past them. But when you play they the same thing will happen, but they get the ball off you :mad2: . Does this happen with anyone else.

rubah
11-19-2006, 01:03 AM
If the game used straight mathematics, it would be much less exciting. You can sometimes do less efficient moves and sometimes more efficient moves, but the odds will almost always favor the house.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-19-2006, 11:41 AM
there is actually a lgeitimate calculation. basically any offensive attack has the ability to go 50% over or under the actual figure. and unfortunately there's no way to fix it, as far as i know. i'm sure endles can explain this in more detail as he's wrote a massive BB guide.

this is a link to his online guides page, the BB guide shud be there:

http://www.freewebs.com/xxendlessxx

No.78
11-19-2006, 01:06 PM
First few games are impossibly difficult. Just keep playing and you'll become good.

But then you'll be crap again.

TheSpoonyBard
11-20-2006, 08:14 AM
AT, BL and CA values can vary between 50% and 150% of the figure displayed on the screen. The odds do not 'favour the house' -- there's an equal chance of it happening to all players, regardless of their team.

In your example of 6 EN and 2 AT, the tackle would be endured as 2 AT can only vary between 1 and 3.

farplaner
11-24-2006, 07:16 PM
AT, BL and CA values can vary between 50% and 150% of the figure displayed on the screen. The odds do not 'favour the house' -- there's an equal chance of it happening to all players, regardless of their team.

In your example of 6 EN and 2 AT, the tackle would be endured as 2 AT can only vary between 1 and 3.

I don't know, it seems to me that the odds do favor the house. I notice that the opposing team getting the benefit of lower stats happens a lot more often than the opposite.

rubah
11-24-2006, 07:19 PM
They've got to make it difficult somehow.

TheSpoonyBard
11-24-2006, 08:28 PM
I can assure you the odds are even. It may appear to favour the opposition more because you think "Hey, that's not fair!" when they get the ball, and tend not to notice as much when it happens to your team.

farplaner
11-25-2006, 05:09 AM
I can assure you the odds are even. It may appear to favour the opposition more because you think "Hey, that's not fair!" when they get the ball, and tend not to notice as much when it happens to your team.

OK, assure me. How are you so sure the odds aren't weighted? I mean, it would make sense for them to be since blitz gets so easy to win after a while.

Either way, it doesn't make the game difficult, but maybe a little annoying.