View Full Version : help?

im_mrbrightside20
11-19-2006, 04:20 AM
for some reason that salamander before the fire crystal is kicking my asss

and everytime i have to re do the dungeon

help pleaseeee?

Zeromus_X
11-19-2006, 10:08 AM
The Salamander is one of the toughest bosses in the game, in my opinion. Once he gets weak, he'll start spamming his Flame attack and smacking your characters. Use any Antarctic Winds you may have, and have your Red or Black Mage cast Blizzara. Have your melee fighter constantly attacking, and make sure to have your healer use Cura every turn when he gets into his spam mode. Good luck.

No more save states...:(

im_mrbrightside20
11-19-2006, 04:32 PM
yea i kno i miss the save state but i did end up beating him it was close tho lol

it was like my 5th time trying lol

Angi-Kaiser
11-19-2006, 07:12 PM
Just out of curiosity, what level were you on, with what classes? It took me two tries on level 15/16, with a party of white mage, black mage, monk, and warrior.

im_mrbrightside20
11-19-2006, 11:33 PM
i had lvl 17 i think ppl and i got them to 19 be4 the fight...it was a Warrior White Mage Black Mage and then a thief...originally the thief was a Monk but for the longest time the monk's highest attack power was 24 and the thiefs was 40sumthing so i used thief cause there wasnt anything around to make the monk stronger

Zeromus_X
11-19-2006, 11:41 PM
Yeah, the Monk won't get any really great weapons until later in the game, and even then, you won't have the more effective Black Belt until you get the Earth Crystal, which is a very long way away.

Congratulations! :) He's definitely a toughie.

Lunadis
11-20-2006, 12:08 AM
for some reason that salamander before the fire crystal is kicking my asss

and everytime i have to re do the dungeon

help pleaseeee?Well, I quite easily made quick work of Salamander both times I've fought him. First at level 18, then level 19.

Make sure you don't have fire property weapons equipped on your melee characters, and even when you have full health, use Cure in case he attacks before it gets casted. As mentioned, if you have a Black Mage, use your best magic, and save your upper tier spells for the boss fight. When going through dungeons like this, you should first grab all the treasure, teleport out, refresh, save, and come back.

Getting hit by a critical and Fire Breath was about the closest Salamander has come to whiping my party. x_o