PDA

View Full Version : .hack

Acid Raine
11-19-2006, 11:58 PM
I just bought .hack (Part 1: Infection of course) today. I have never heard, seen, or known anything about it at all.

Is it any good?

Frozen Phantom
11-20-2006, 12:01 AM
why are you asking after you buy it? And yes, its good

Acid Raine
11-20-2006, 12:03 AM
why are you asking after you buy it? And yes, its good

I couldnt very well ask before. Like I said, I hadnt even heard of it. And I wasnt going to leave, ask about it, and then go back and get it.

Spammerman
11-20-2006, 12:27 AM
Its good. There a lot of quests, items, and you acn ride a grunty,

StarlightAngel
11-20-2006, 12:32 AM
It's fun, if you really like the whole .hack thing. Which I do :) Funnily enough, I finally got around to finishing the first one and starting the second one last night and this morning XP

For a brief summary, it deals with people playing a MMORPG who all inevitably end up dealing with the game which seems to be almost if not sentient; it creates things by itself and has complex programs with contrasting purposes, causing them to be extremely human-like in behavior. All of the people in the .hack series get at least some sort of glimpse of the inner workings of the game, usually through the mysterious girl Aura.

Tasura
11-20-2006, 01:07 AM
How have you not heard of .hack? O.o Anyways, it is good, but I think .hack//G.U. is far better then the first series of games, just like Roots is better then Sign.

Markus. D
11-20-2006, 04:44 AM
G.U is better gameplay and storywise.

but dont let that hurt you

Infection, Mutation, ... the third name and Quarintine are wonders.

ps: Natsumi is extremely useful, if you want to power through, its pricey, but 2 wave masters.

Moon Rabbits
11-20-2006, 06:27 PM
I flew through the first game, and then when I picked up the second there was not enough new content to keep me interested for very long and I quit playing after I fought Innis.

Barney
11-20-2006, 06:56 PM
I didnt really enjoy the first one, because I found it just so repetative, going to dungeon and then back to town all the time through a telelporter, The virtual desktop pc idea is a good idea and the storylines good just the repetative gameplay put me off and so I never bothered to continue after I finished the 1st which sucked because I wanted to know how it would unfold.

Lynx
11-20-2006, 07:06 PM
its quite repetative can get boreing but the storyline is pretty interesting im on the third one and i cant find the 4th anywhere. when im done with ff12 ill finish the 3rd one. all in all its a fun game.

edczxcvbnm
11-20-2006, 07:26 PM
Is .hack good? I think it is good but not great. It is very repeatitive but it is a simulation of an mmorpg. How could it not be super repeatative? I have beat the games just blasting through them in a matter of about 50 total hours. I have been playing through them again and I have racked up 80 hours and I am not even done with part 4.

G.U. is a lot of fun and way longer than the other games. It is at least twice as long as any of the other ones.

Acid Raine
11-20-2006, 09:50 PM

I think its Outbreak

Markus. D
11-20-2006, 11:00 PM
I spelt the fourth one wrong aswell T-T

Spammerman
11-21-2006, 01:20 AM

Infection, Mutation, Outbreak, Quarintine

Cruise Control
11-21-2006, 03:13 AM
I'm on the third, first series. Freaking awesome.