PDA

View Full Version : Is it a must to have break hp limit?

Mjazi
11-20-2006, 12:10 AM
Is it really that important to get?

I Took the Red Pill
11-20-2006, 12:12 AM
Not at all.

Tavrobel
11-20-2006, 12:23 AM
No, but's useful if you are lazy and don't use controllers to play video games anymore.

CVFreak
11-20-2006, 10:56 AM
No but it depends on your tastes and if you are playing International or not.

Personally I have everyone maxed out aside from luck being over 160 ( I am working on it but its slow ) and my hp being max, simply because I have been going to all empty nodes now and filling them in with hp spheres and luck spheres because I did the don trick and erased all nodes under +4

I only died on one dark aeon 4 times which was DMS and with max stats and BHP on I think I died very rarely on any of them while in battle, DY with max stats is a complete joke as is shiva and the rest, ok not 100% true dark magus sisters are pretty nasty but even anima is a clown once you have max stats and use aeons once in a while to block for you.

Penance is a whole other matter if your not using guides on how to beat them ( like I am ), with ribbon, haste, defense and protect you will probably find it is just as good or better, I just think end game having max hp possible with max stats looks nice and I personally ran into no problems with ribbon, phonex, haste and bhl on 3 guys, in fact I got a whole assload of dark matters in MA rather easily and fast.

For na version BHL is pretty much useless imo.

What is nice about bhl is when your fighting DA and they do attacks which when you have protect on takes joke hp away from you, hell put on a stamina and its even more funny when your hp is that high.

Omni-Odin
11-20-2006, 08:30 PM
No.....no.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-20-2006, 08:41 PM
it's not essential, as any attacks that do more than that can be prapared for. i would only recommend it if ur going to put the effort in n get ur hp rather high

Omega_Weapon
11-20-2006, 08:43 PM
It is very important if ur fighting area creations. Earth Eater does around 50,000 damage each hit. After breaking hp limit u can get ur health to 99,999 and with good defense, he'll only do around 30,000 or something...If ur just playin main story..breaking hp limit isnt that big a deal...One thing I love about FF, if u can beat a boss, train! It's impossible not to beat a boss in FF games

Yliette
11-23-2006, 05:30 AM
I'm no FFX expert yet but IMO around 12,000 HP is enough. Maybe to survive 10,000 Needles. :mog:

And how do you survive Penance's Judgment Day which inflicts 99,999 damage to each party member? :mog:

Firo Volondé
11-23-2006, 08:21 AM
I'm no FFX expert yet but IMO around 12,000 HP is enough. Maybe to survive 10,000 Needles. :mog:

If you have only 12,000 HP, except in the case of 10,000 Needles, it's not really worth it. Use something like Auto-Phoenix instead - since you'll be dying a whole lot.;)

And how do you survive Penance's Judgment Day which inflicts 99,999 damage to each party member? :mog:

You can't. You have to destroy one of his arms before he uses it, since he only uses it when both his arms are alive.

rubah
11-23-2006, 04:08 PM
Yes because it shows that you have *real* dedication. it's not so much useful though.

XxSephirothxX
11-23-2006, 05:14 PM
If you want to completely dominate everything in the game with ease, it's probably necessary. But really, it makes the game so easy you might not want to do it. :p

DynasticJam
11-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Break HP Limit is not a required auto-ability, even if you’re fighting against the toughest of monsters, you can still get away with not having the Break HP Limit auto-ability equipped. You would be best off with some kind of auto-life ability like auto-pheonix, that way you will have more space to apply the more appropriate auto-abilities to you’re equipment. But if you’re like me and you like big numbers, then go ahead, but just remember that there are more important auto-abilities which take precedence over this one. Break HP Limit only really comes in useful if you have completely maxed stats, but otherwise, don't bother with it until you feel that it is absolutely necessary (when fighting against Penance for example).

Yuffie514
11-25-2006, 05:42 AM
nope. it's just another set of "optional" goals i set for myself to do, since i like to take my games a little further. i think it was a good goal...

Yliette
11-25-2006, 12:08 PM
15-20,000 HP is quite enough IMO. Coz it makes me uncomfortable to see my characters stuck with 9,999 HP.

starseeker
11-25-2006, 10:41 PM
5000 hp is perfectly adequate to defeat the final boss. Break hp limit is only really necessary for the dark aeons because they normally hit for 9,999 damage (well Valefor does at least). Unless you're planning to take on the monster arena or the dark aeons then getting bhpl is pointless.

Tavrobel
11-25-2006, 11:00 PM
5000 1750 hp at most is perfectly adequate to defeat the final boss.

Roto13
11-26-2006, 01:06 AM
Like the game isn't easy enough without it.

Timerk
11-27-2006, 09:51 PM
I doubt that you would get very far in the Monster Arena without BDL, so if you want to beat all the bosses, I think you need it.

As for the main story, though, BDL is not needed much at all, but it helps a whole lot with certain aeons and overdrives.

EDIT: I don't know why I made a post about BDL in a thread about BHP...oh yeah, I'm a crackhead.

rubah
11-27-2006, 10:47 PM
Break Damage limit is far more integral than Break HP limit, but as I"m sure tavrobel will point out, it's not necessary.

which reminds me; tavrobel, have you ever gotten clear spheres to clear the abilities some characters come with? :p Like yuna's Cure and Esuna, and lulu's basic elemental spells?

Mjazi
11-28-2006, 03:33 PM
You can't erase Ability nodes... I think.

Simen
12-02-2006, 05:20 PM
Is it a must to have break hp limit?

If you want to have fun and kill enemies faster; YES!

cally777
12-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Certainly not to finish the game. I'd prefer auto-phoenix ability or almost any other auto ability really. Having more hp means slower overdrive charging too. And with BHPL you'll need some way of fast hp recovery (auto-potion or whatever). Plus you can usually take very big hits on your aeons (which have automatic BHPL and shield ability). So its probably not worth the trouble.

Tavrobel
12-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Break Damage limit is far more integral than Break HP limit, but as I"m sure tavrobel will point out, it's not necessary.

which reminds me; tavrobel, have you ever gotten clear spheres to clear the abilities some characters come with? :p Like yuna's Cure and Esuna, and lulu's basic elemental spells?

BDL is almost required for Arena fights beginning with the Originals, but otherwise, not necessary (Celestial Weapons make your life easier without wasting 60 Dark Matters, as though you want Dark Matter in the first place because they only do 9999).

It doesn't work. I tried it one day, and it wouldn't let me get rid of Cure. If it had, I would erase all the Black Magic (not Flare, Ultima, Drain, and Osmose), half of the attack skills, the special techs, and a few of the white magic skills. If it does, then I will proceed to replace those Spheres with... nothing. Maybe HP nodes.

chrisguapo69
03-02-2007, 01:11 AM
How do you get the break HP and Break Damage limit abilities??

Tavrobel
03-02-2007, 01:18 AM
Both can be dropped by Dark Aeons, and Nemesis drops BHPL.

BHPL: 30 Wings to Discovery, Armor
BDL: 60 Dark Matter, Weapon, also on Celestial Weapons

Use the SEARCH button for questions like this; I don't think there hasn't been a question not answered thus far.

jammi567
03-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Oh, i love these threads.

No, you don't need it. 9,999hp is sufficiant enough to allow you to beat penance downwards. All it takes is a bit of planning