PDA

View Full Version : The rearranged soundtrack.

Zeromus_X
11-20-2006, 01:56 AM
How do you feel about it?

Personally, I enjoy the final dungeons/boss's theme better on the original version, as I do most of the music, because I love that epic adrenaline-pumping 8-bit final dungeon music I does. But I do enjoy the remake, even if it's a bit too orchestral for my taste.

The only thing that really peeves me is that they totally wrecked Noah's Lute. I mean wtf, Tekito. Noah's Lute is supposed to sound mystic and enchanting, not like an Irish folk song.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-20-2006, 03:29 AM
I was a bit worried going in that the orchestral style employed in the remake would detract from the bombast of the original score, but I'm pleased to say it hasn't been an issue. Overall, I think I may even prefer it.

As for Noah's Lute, I think the Famicom synth would have translated better to piano or something, but considering the subject matter, they were sort of obligated to actually make it sound like a lute this time. Given that charge, I think they did the best they could.

Sefie1999AD
11-20-2006, 05:02 PM
I think the rearranged soundtrack is good and I like the orchestral style, but a problem I have is that the songs are way too short. There's only a couple of songs that aren't less than 2 minutes long. The orchestral version of "Memory of the Wind ~ Legend of the Eternal Wind" is very beautiful, and I also like the Black Mages version of the Final Battle theme. As for the normal in-game songs, my favorites are probably "Elia, the Maiden of Water", "The Huge Battleship Invincible", "The Forbidden Land Eureka", "Crystal Tower" and "Ending Theme (part 3)".

Yamaneko
11-20-2006, 05:30 PM
I think the biggest problem is that none of the tracks are memorable. I can still recall and distinguish all the SNES FF battle tracks, but this one sounds too familiar to FFIX except not as good.

UltimateSpamGrover
11-22-2006, 03:03 AM
...or FFIX sounds too similiar to FFIII, just better.

Cid Vicious
11-30-2006, 05:32 PM
The song that plays in Black Mage Village in IX if you take Dorga's Artifact and Une Mirrior, Tell me the truth I think it's called. Where about in III does it play. I haven't been able to spot it yet.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-30-2006, 05:36 PM
It plays pretty late in the game. You'll definitely know it when you hear it.

Cid Vicious
11-30-2006, 05:44 PM
I've played as far as the end of the Crystal Palace, but haven't noticed it.
I thought it might of been The Forbidden Land Eureka, though I'm not convinced. To be honest most of the songs in III DS sound pretty much the same to me.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-30-2006, 06:02 PM
Oh. Then you did miss it, somehow. It plays when Doga and Unne confront the heroes about breaking the seal on Eureka.

Sefie1999AD
11-30-2006, 06:36 PM
Didn't that song also play when you visited Dorga's mansion?

Zeromus_X
11-30-2006, 11:57 PM
Yes, it's the theme for Doga's manor, too. It also plays in a few cutscenes where Doga/Unei are involved.