PDA

View Full Version : what will u buy first?

Rogue
11-20-2006, 05:11 AM
XIII or versus XIII......welll sinces that come out on sameday what will u buy first and why...(even if you buy them the same time which one will u put in first?)
i would get versus XIII first well buy them both same time but play it first because i like that darkish look to it :)

Larahl
11-20-2006, 07:41 AM
Coming out on the same day?

Dragonface
11-20-2006, 09:45 AM
XIII or versus XIII......welll sinces that come out on sameday what will u buy first and why...(even if you buy them the same time which one will u put in first?)
i would get versus XIII first well buy them both same time but play it first because i like that darkish look to it :)

They are not came out the same time. Two things:
One: SE start making FF13 before start making V13
Two: We got more info about FF13 than V13

RiseToFall
11-20-2006, 01:41 PM
The one that comes out first.;)

Bahamut2000X
11-20-2006, 02:18 PM
If they butchered the battle system and any semblance of classic FF feel, then probably neither. But I'll jus twait and see if they don't screw this up bigger then they did X and VIII.

Barney
11-20-2006, 06:35 PM
If they butchered the battle system and any semblance of classic FF feel, then probably neither. But I'll jus twait and see if they don't screw this up bigger then they did X and VIII.

hm... X maybe but VIII was good, I think, allowed for lots of variety.

RiseToFall
11-20-2006, 06:42 PM
hm... VIII maybe but X was good,

Changed it just a little bit.

LunarWeaver
11-20-2006, 07:04 PM

Since FFI-III had no ATB bar, and X locks you into jobs for a large portion of the game, I would say X was more "classic feel" than most.

Anywho, If I had the money for a Ps3 anyway I would be buying Versus-XIII first.

Bahamut2000X
11-20-2006, 07:42 PM
Eh maybe I should of specified. I meant my dislike of the setting of VIII more then anything (least fantasy feel ever) and it's over all story. I liked the system they had, but it did have some flaws in it, like drawing was a little annoying after a while, and I never wanted to use spells for it lowering my stats through junction, or some spells which are just hard to find. X my main issue was they took out the world map and replaced it with a line...so all you ever did was walk down a line until you reached the end of the game. It was them ost straight forward thing ever. The plot needed plenty of work too I thought.

But anyways my over all main problem with XIII at the moment seems that it's detracting from some of the traditional elements more then any FF has ever conceived of doing. Now I'm still going to wait until it's closer to release and see more info on it. But I hope I'm wrong in the idea that it's an action based system with one character flying around shooting everything up. Which if it is would make it the first main series FF i'ld never even own. I like change as much as the next guy in FF's, but there's times when change is too far, like abolishing any sort of battle system semblance to the older ones and making it a Drakengard knock off battle system. (Which wasn't soo good in the first place)

But yeah as I said I'm going to wait till some more info is out before I make my final call on the game to see if it's worthwhile to me or not.

Luara
11-21-2006, 11:44 PM
the one who has the hot guy in it :love:

skillzboy4
11-24-2006, 07:10 AM
FF X was sick i dont kno why anyone should hate on it.

RiseToFall
11-24-2006, 01:39 PM

Agreed.

AuronsLoveChild
11-25-2006, 01:40 AM

Agreed.

+1

tidus_rox
12-28-2006, 07:51 PM
hm... VIII maybe but X was good,

Changed it just a little bit.

Good call

Aurons_Desciple
12-28-2006, 08:25 PM
FFXIII 1st then get XIII V

Little Blue
12-28-2006, 08:31 PM

The lack of a world map, the fact that, as mentioned earlier, it is just one line you walk along. The story is very basic consisting of "Destroy Sin! Stop Seymour! Destroy Sin!" with the occasional "omg, he's dead too!" and from practically the very start you know that this game will conclude with defeating Sin. Other FF's that I've played at least don't introduce the enemy until you have some experience under your belt with a storyline that builds to the realisation of what the true story is.

There's also the characters fulfilling various cliche stereotypes, but that's common I guess...

They're the flaws I see in FFX at least, despite FFX being one of my favourites (joint most favourite with IX). Could probably think up more but can't be arsed, plus its not this threads topic.

Anyway, if I have a PS3 by the time of its release, which is doubtful, I'd buy XIII first. I'm eager for a female lead in beautiful graphics, and from what I've heard about Versus doesn't appeal to me.

Vivisteiner
12-28-2006, 09:06 PM
FFXIII will be released first!