PDA

View Full Version : Hairy Armpits

The Devil Man
11-20-2006, 10:22 AM
Your Good Friend has a very simple Topic of Discussion.

Do you have Hairy Armpits? :confused: :confused: :confused:

http://www.boomersfunnies.com/Pictures/Hairy%20Armpit.jpg

Discuss! :eek:

Nominus Experse
11-20-2006, 10:26 AM
I have a forest beneath my arms

Mirage
11-20-2006, 10:31 AM
I trim them.

Anaisa
11-20-2006, 10:55 AM
URGH! No, I don't have hairy armpits.

Roto13
11-20-2006, 11:06 AM
Not on women. Or that guy.

Fatal Impurity
11-20-2006, 11:07 AM
i have slightly hairy armpits...but im 17 what do you expect?

Larahl
11-20-2006, 11:12 AM
Need a sweater? :)

Meat Puppet
11-20-2006, 11:17 AM
No, I do not have hairy armpits.

Rye
11-20-2006, 11:18 AM
Nope~

Anaisa
11-20-2006, 11:41 AM
i have slightly hairy armpits...but im 17 what do you expect?
I expect you to shave them, wax them, whatever form of hair removal tickles your fancy, an suits your budget. Just don't follow the cavemans example.

Fatal Impurity
11-20-2006, 12:09 PM
I'm a man i prefer to "go natural" plus if you ever found out your bf waxed his pits whouldnt you think he's gay? because most girls i know do...:(

fire_of_avalon
11-20-2006, 12:23 PM
I'm a man i prefer to "go natural" plus if you ever found out your bf waxed his pits whouldnt you think he's gay? because most girls i know do...:(

I would enjoy it immensely. I don't like armpit hair, but mine may be a bit stubbly right now.

Faris
11-20-2006, 12:23 PM
They are freshly shaved, so no.

Anaisa
11-20-2006, 12:27 PM
I'm a man i prefer to "go natural" plus if you ever found out your bf waxed his pits whouldnt you think he's gay? because most girls i know do...:( I think hairy pits are disgusting on men or women, an it's unhygienic. If I had a boyfreind I obviously wouldn't assume he was gay. Because if he was gay, he wouldn't be my boyfreind. I wouldn't even have a boyfreind with hairy pits. I find them that repulsive they'd have to do something to remove it. I don't believe in all that fake macho man stuff that if you're unkempt, you're a REAL man.

Riana
11-20-2006, 12:30 PM
I have hair under the armpits, not very much but I remove it anyway.

yumi
11-20-2006, 12:50 PM
No the razor is my friend. Plus most of the blokes I know don't like women to go all natural

Rostum
11-20-2006, 01:04 PM
I trim them.

RiseToFall
11-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Yes - I look at it the same way as leg hair, guys just shouldn't shave it.

Quindiana Jones
11-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Whenever I try to trim my armpit hair, loud growls emit from them and I get too scared to. :(

Shaun
11-20-2006, 02:58 PM
Of course I have hair there. Don't all guys? Unless some of the members here haven't hit puberty yet...

Nominus Experse
11-20-2006, 03:02 PM
It always baffles me that when I ask my girlfriend if she minds dating a yeti, she says no. I offered to remove it, as I don't hold much attachment to it, but she says that she doesn't care.

And I don't care either.

So the yeti I remain.

I imagine most women would prefer certain areas of their man to be trimmed or smooth, however.

And I agree: the thought process that if you are more unkempt, you are more of a man, is just, well, stupid. And secondly, I don't know what those people are trying to prove...

Xander
11-20-2006, 03:17 PM
Oh god, I knew you were going to post an image yet I opened this thread. WHY do I do this to myself? Anyway no because I shave them everyday!

Fatal Impurity
11-20-2006, 03:33 PM
I shave them everyday!

That must be hard work....for some reason hair grows back REALLY quickly when you cut it off but not that quickly when its long....

oddler
11-20-2006, 04:51 PM
I'm less hairy than most, I guess.

Chloe.
11-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Eww no way, I shave. :bigsmile:

Jess
11-20-2006, 05:09 PM
I shave my armpits, so no! :jess:

Yamaneko
11-20-2006, 05:14 PM
I don't believe in all that fake macho man stuff that if you're unkempt, you're a REAL man.
Keep living the lie.

Owen Macwere
11-20-2006, 05:23 PM
I sure have hair, I am a guy!!!. I just make it short using the scissors, better way for MEN!.

Shauna
11-20-2006, 05:36 PM
Nope~ :D

Timerk
11-20-2006, 05:37 PM
Nope~ :D

Xander
11-20-2006, 05:42 PM
I shave them everyday!

That must be hard work....for some reason hair grows back REALLY quickly when you cut it off but not that quickly when its long....

It's just part of my daily shower routine so not really hard.... :D

Rantz
11-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Yes, I do and since I do not see a problem with it I plan to keep it that way.

Yeargdribble
11-20-2006, 05:55 PM
It's funny how many guys think it's okay to trim, but if you step over that line and get it too short (shaving or otherwise) that suddenly makes you gay. So exactly what is the 'straight' length to leave your armpit hair at?

BTW, I shave my armpits (as well as other areas) for the sake of hygiene and my wife loves it.

Rantz
11-20-2006, 05:57 PM
It's funny how many guys think it's okay to trim, but if you step over that line and get it too short (shaving or otherwise) that suddenly makes you gay. So exactly what is the 'straight' length to leave your armpit hair at?

I do not think hair relates much to sexual orientation.

Anaisa
11-20-2006, 06:02 PM
I don't believe in all that fake macho man stuff that if you're unkempt, you're a REAL man.
Keep living the lie.No thanks, I'll leave that to you. Hairy.

Moon Rabbits
11-20-2006, 06:39 PM
Yessir.

Owen Macwere
11-20-2006, 07:09 PM

I do not think hair relates much to sexual orientation.

It does sometimes. I have friends who like thier girlfriends to be hairy, and by hairy I mean HAIRY.

RiseToFall
11-20-2006, 07:12 PM
There are guys that like hairy chicks?

Rye
11-20-2006, 07:32 PM
As for guys, I don't really mind. I'd be much more bothered by back hair. Body hair on other people as long as it's not excessive doesn't bother me, but I don't like body hair at all on me.

Denmark
11-20-2006, 07:35 PM
Of course I have hair there. Don't all guys? Unless some of the members here haven't hit puberty yet...

Some people just aren't that hairy; I'm a prime example. I'm 18 and have very little hair in my pits. It's genetic.

Yuna-Lenne
11-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Nope. :p

Iceglow
11-20-2006, 07:49 PM
I'm a guy, we all know that one right. lol. Well I am a hary man, I have a lot of chest hair, stubble and head hair with thickset dark eyelashes and brows. (I make women jealous when they realise that I don't touch mascara lol)

However I shave my armpits occasionally as they get sweaty and horrible, Not every day or even every week but like once a month, this way most of the month I have very short hair there but then there are times I don't have them.

Shaving away the hair gives sweat nothing to cling on to so with the use of an underarm anti perspirant I don't end up all smelly after a day at work or running about my area (the part of london I am in is ALL hills, big ones too lol) Means sometimes in the summer (especially this one just gone) if my antiperspirant fails I might have to change T-shirts or tops in the day but still I prefer that than to smelling bad for the rest of the evening especially if I cannot shower before going out at night.

Roto13
11-20-2006, 07:50 PM
Armpits are no less unpleasent without hair than they are with hair.

Iceglow
11-20-2006, 08:26 PM
If you ever go to a rock festival you will learn that without showers, shaved armpits smell a lot less than hairy ones after 4 days camping in a field in summer and crowding together with 45 - 200 thousand people.

Jigsaw
11-20-2006, 08:36 PM
You know how that swarm of moths, or something, came out of the mummy's mouth in The Mummy? Yeah, I keep my armpits closed.

~*~Celes~*~
11-20-2006, 08:37 PM
I shave mine, so no, mine aren't hairy :)

As for hairy armpits on a guy, I really don't care. First of all, it's his body and not mine so I'm not going to even try to dictate if he does or doesn't shave.

Secondly, I actually prefer hairy pits on a guy (if that makes sense). I dunno why, but I do. My ex shaved his pits, but he also shaved his legs and his arms...he's a freak IMO >.> He tried to get me to shave my face and my arms as well...

Shiny
11-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Nope, I shave under there.

I think hairy pits are disgusting on men or women, an it's unhygienic. I agree.

Armpits are no less unpleasent without hair than they are with hair.
Well, I don't know about your armpits, but mine are definitely pleasant without the hair.

Roto13
11-20-2006, 08:56 PM
Keep your pits away from me.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
11-20-2006, 08:57 PM
No. :p I shave.

Materia Hunter Yuffie
11-20-2006, 10:37 PM
Nope!

kikimm
11-20-2006, 11:29 PM
Nope, not hairy. They used to be stubbly almost all the time cause I had a terrible razor, but not too long ago I actually bought a GOOD one, so they're super duper smooth now. Which is great. Stubble sucks.

Shlup
11-20-2006, 11:34 PM
My husband has exceedingly hairy armpits. He was the first of his friends to grow armpit hair as a lad. It's like all the hair most guys have on their chests or wherever else collected in his armpits.

I think it's cute.

The New Kid
11-20-2006, 11:36 PM
I don't shave them, but it's not an excessive amount of hair to begin with. I'm not bothered by them.

ama124
11-20-2006, 11:39 PM
I shave, thanks :) .

Hairy armpits on girls is gross :eep: . Guys, i couldnt care less too behonest, or maybe i do. Over hairy-ness is gross

rubah
11-20-2006, 11:58 PM
I really don't see why people get all freaked out about hair for. I mean it's a pain to shave all the time, so I go as long as I can without. Maybe if I buy some rock-salt deoderant I'll just stop shaving them altogether.

I don't see what's so unhygeinic about it anaisia. There's more bacteria living inside your belly than there would be under your arm. Heck, there's still bacteria living under you arms unless you're crazy weirdo freak and bath in antibiotics. Then you just make them super resistant.

I mean, it would be neat if just no hair didn't grow there, like the bottoms of our feet, but it does, and I'm not fully convinced on why we should shear it away.

I keep telling stu I'm just going to quit shaving altogether, but he says he'll shave his head bald if I do that :(

Shoeberto
11-21-2006, 12:06 AM
I keep telling stu I'm just going to quit shaving altogether, but he says he'll shave his head bald if I do that :(
^_^

I dunno, I could really probably pull off that whole Moby/Michael Stipes/MC Frontalot look pretty well.

NorthernChaosGod
11-21-2006, 01:15 AM
They're not bad, but yeah.

Alex151
11-21-2006, 03:34 AM
thankfully I'm not a hair ball, so I don't ahve a ton of armpit hair.

Araciel
11-21-2006, 04:25 AM
underarm hair exists for a reason. it's there to stop your skin getting ruined when you run from sabretooth tigers and whatnot. the amount of physical activity we partake in for the next few millions years will dictate how much or little of it we grow in future generations.

i personally have shaved mine once....felt weird so i never did it again...thankfully it didn't come back any worse than it was before.

Spammerman
11-21-2006, 04:30 AM
I got hairy armpits but I dont walk around like this
I wear a big black t shirt that hides that nasty ****

Actually no. Not that hairy.

DarkLadyNyara
11-21-2006, 06:27 AM
I shave. The hair annoys me.

black orb
11-21-2006, 06:39 AM
>>> I just shaved my armpits because of this thread.. Thanks for giving me ideas..

Black Mage FF1
11-21-2006, 06:49 AM
No, I shave em. Along with my legs and arms. I work out and having a lot of hair showing while doing so = gross. Besides, muscle shows off more without hair.

Anaisa
11-21-2006, 09:56 AM
I don't see what's so unhygeinic about it anaisia. There's more bacteria living inside your belly than there would be under your arm. Heck, there's still bacteria living under you arms unless you're crazy weirdo freak and bath in antibiotics. Then you just make them super resistant. I've been taking antibiotics continously for five years, so the inside of my tummy most likely contains very little bacteria. But obviously bacteria is in the hair on my head, etc. But the difference between having bacteria in the hair on your head, or on most other areas of your body, is that it doesn't make you smell. Under the arms the more hair you have, the more bacteria you will have, an the more you will smell.

Alastair|UK
11-21-2006, 05:08 PM
Im 13 what do you expect ?

Roto13
11-21-2006, 05:22 PM
I don't see what's so unhygeinic about it anaisia. There's more bacteria living inside your belly than there would be under your arm. Heck, there's still bacteria living under you arms unless you're crazy weirdo freak and bath in antibiotics. Then you just make them super resistant. I've been taking antibiotics continously for five years, so the inside of my tummy most likely contains very little bacteria. But obviously bacteria is in the hair on my head, etc. But the difference between having bacteria in the hair on your head, or on most other areas of your body, is that it doesn't make you smell. Under the arms the more hair you have, the more bacteria you will have, an the more you will smell.
I have a magical stick that takes care of the smell. It's called "deoderant."

Anaisa
11-21-2006, 05:28 PM
I have a magical stick that takes care of the smell. It's called "deoderant."A lot of people claim that, despite the fact they stink of BO.

Quindiana Jones
11-21-2006, 06:46 PM
I have hairy armpits, yet I don't smell. I use deoderants and the like, and am repeatedly told by girls (when we're hugging) that I smell nice. Just because you've had a few stinky boyfriends doesn't mean you can lump us all into the stinky hairy monster category.

Anaisa
11-21-2006, 07:13 PM
I have hairy armpits, yet I don't smell. I use deoderants and the like, and am repeatedly told by girls (when we're hugging) that I smell nice. Just because you've had a few stinky boyfriends doesn't mean you can lump us all into the stinky hairy monster category.As if I'd ever have any affection for a stinky man. An I didn't say every person with armpit hair stinks. Wearing deodorant can contribute to covering the smell, or help decrease the smell, but it doesn't remove the bacteria that causes the smell in the first place. Removing the arm pit hair however, will decrease the number of bacteria, which will decrease the actual smell, rather than just masking it, or discouraging it.

bipper
11-21-2006, 07:16 PM
If I braid it, does that make it ok?

Anaisa
11-21-2006, 07:17 PM
NO!

Quindiana Jones
11-21-2006, 08:18 PM
I have hairy armpits, yet I don't smell. I use deoderants and the like, and am repeatedly told by girls (when we're hugging) that I smell nice. Just because you've had a few stinky boyfriends doesn't mean you can lump us all into the stinky hairy monster category.As if I'd ever have any affection for a stinky man. An I didn't say every person with armpit hair stinks. Wearing deodorant can contribute to covering the smell, or help decrease the smell, but it doesn't remove the bacteria that causes the smell in the first place. Removing the arm pit hair however, will decrease the number of bacteria, which will decrease the actual smell, rather than just masking it, or discouraging it.

THE GEEEEEERRRRRMS!

Roto13
11-21-2006, 09:05 PM
I have hairy armpits, yet I don't smell. I use deoderants and the like, and am repeatedly told by girls (when we're hugging) that I smell nice. Just because you've had a few stinky boyfriends doesn't mean you can lump us all into the stinky hairy monster category.As if I'd ever have any affection for a stinky man. An I didn't say every person with armpit hair stinks. Wearing deodorant can contribute to covering the smell, or help decrease the smell, but it doesn't remove the bacteria that causes the smell in the first place. Removing the arm pit hair however, will decrease the number of bacteria, which will decrease the actual smell, rather than just masking it, or discouraging it.If you can't tell whether or not someone is shaving their armpit hair without looking at it, don't worry about it being hygenic or not.

Fonzie
11-21-2006, 09:09 PM
I'm not shaving my armpit hair :mad2: It's like my own little orchard :cry:

Alive-Cat
11-21-2006, 09:49 PM
I don't really have much but in the future I might consider waxing.

Raistlin
11-21-2006, 10:06 PM
I've been taking antibiotics continously for five years, so the inside of my tummy most likely contains very little bacteria.

What do you have that requires antibiotics for <i>five years</i>? That's potentially extremely harmful. Your body needs some of the stuff antibiotics kill.

rubah
11-21-2006, 10:27 PM
Rock salt deoderant supposedly changes the salinity of your sweat so that bacteria can't grow there:p People with long armpit hair use it and aerosol deoderants because the mushy kind gets clumpy under there^_^

bipper
11-21-2006, 10:40 PM
a little FYI links deodorant to cancer via the use of aluminum in 99% of the products out here. HA take that prissy smelling ... prissies~

NorthernChaosGod
11-21-2006, 11:04 PM

Well lots of people do this thing called "showering", which they follow up with "deodorant".

Anaisa
11-22-2006, 12:00 AM
I have hairy armpits, yet I don't smell. I use deoderants and the like, and am repeatedly told by girls (when we're hugging) that I smell nice. Just because you've had a few stinky boyfriends doesn't mean you can lump us all into the stinky hairy monster category.As if I'd ever have any affection for a stinky man. An I didn't say every person with armpit hair stinks. Wearing deodorant can contribute to covering the smell, or help decrease the smell, but it doesn't remove the bacteria that causes the smell in the first place. Removing the arm pit hair however, will decrease the number of bacteria, which will decrease the actual smell, rather than just masking it, or discouraging it.If you can't tell whether or not someone is shaving their armpit hair without looking at it, don't worry about it being hygenic or not.I don't worry about other peoples armpit hair. Unless of course it's near me.

What do you have that requires antibiotics for five years? That's potentially extremely harmful. Your body needs some of the stuff antibiotics kill. I've got a hormone imbalance. So I have to take antibiotics to make sure my skin stays clear. I know it's not good to take antibiotics for that long, but until I can find something else to treat it, I'll keep taking them.
Rock salt deoderant supposedly changes the salinity of your sweat so that bacteria can't grow there People with long armpit hair use it and aerosol deoderants because the mushy kind gets clumpy under there^_^ I've never heard of that stuff, but it sounds like that's what the hairys could use.
a little FYI links deodorant to cancer via the use of aluminum in 99% of the products out here. HA take that prissy smelling ... prissies~ It's the hairys especially that need deodorant to mask the smell of their bacteria. I smell nice, but very rarely wear deodorant.

Well lots of people do this thing called "showering", which they follow up with "deodorant". An lots of people do this thing called "sweating". An there is this stuff called "bacteria" an regardless of whether you shower or not, it's going to be under your arms. More so if you've got a big clump of hair in there.

Emerald Aeris
11-22-2006, 12:29 AM

No, if you had no bacteria in your belly you would be dead. The antibiotics are more specific to the kind of bacteria that's been attacking you for the unfathomably long time of 5 years. He's right about making bacteria resistant. It's extremely, extremely bad for you, and the health system, and anyone in the future who would want these drugs to still work. So don't be a weirdo freak who bathes in antibiotics.

I will have nightmares about this thread forever and ever. I hate you Wesley, for showing me this. I hate you.

Oh and they aren't hairy.

Nominus Experse
11-22-2006, 02:27 AM
My bacteria are good little buggers - they don't smell.

And I braided my armpit hair since bipper asked if he could: it feels funny, I must say...

Quindiana Jones
11-22-2006, 09:05 AM
You sweat the same amount whether or not you have hair. The hair is just there to catch the nasty nasty sweat, and stop it from running down your body.

Anaisa
11-22-2006, 09:31 AM

No, if you had no bacteria in your belly you would be dead. The antibiotics are more specific to the kind of bacteria that's been attacking you for the unfathomably long time of 5 years. He's right about making bacteria resistant. It's extremely, extremely bad for you, and the health system, and anyone in the future who would want these drugs to still work. So don't be a weirdo freak who bathes in antibiotics.

I will have nightmares about this thread forever and ever. I hate you Wesley, for showing me this. I hate you.

Oh and they aren't hairy.Read the post again. I said "very little" not none. An I've already posted about why I've been taking antibiotics for so long. If you actually read my posts properly before responding to them, you'd realise bacteria has not been attacking me for five years. An I'm well aware of the problems that can arise from taking antibiotics for so long. I wouldn't take any medication without being aware of what it actually does.

You sweat the same amount whether or not you have hair. The hair is just there to catch the nasty nasty sweat, and stop it from running down your body. You do sweat the same amount, but you don't have the same amount of bacteria.

Emerald Aeris
11-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Read the post again. I said "very little" not none. An I've already posted about why I've been taking antibiotics for so long. If you actually read my posts properly before responding to them, you'd realise bacteria has not been attacking me for five years. An I'm well aware of the problems that can arise from taking antibiotics for so long. I wouldn't take any medication without being aware of what it actually does.

I did read all your posts. I just think you are silly.

Polaris
11-22-2006, 02:58 PM
http://www.boomersfunnies.com/Pictures/Hairy%20Armpit.jpg

Damn that's either scary either desperate to my eyes... :(
That was a the most horrible part of my day today :lol:
I do shape the hair under my arms thank God I'm not like that man!

The Devil Man
11-22-2006, 03:18 PM
Read the post again. I said "very little" not none. An I've already posted about why I've been taking antibiotics for so long. If you actually read my posts properly before responding to them, you'd realise bacteria has not been attacking me for five years. An I'm well aware of the problems that can arise from taking antibiotics for so long. I wouldn't take any medication without being aware of what it actually does.

Wow, and I always thought you were one of the smarter people on this Forum

Thanks for proving me way wrong :chuckle:

You have nothing to say in return to Anaisa, so you counter with 'I think you are silly'. Very cheap. But very helpful as well. It'll help me make sure I don't pay too much attention to your Posts in the future.

Quindiana Jones
11-22-2006, 03:47 PM
You sweat the same amount whether or not you have hair. The hair is just there to catch the nasty nasty sweat, and stop it from running down your body. You do sweat the same amount, but you don't have the same amount of bacteria.

Yes you do. :O_O:

Emerald Aeris
11-22-2006, 04:00 PM

Wow, and I always thought you were one of the smarter people on this Forum

Thanks for proving me way wrong :chuckle:

You have nothing to say in return to Anaisa, so you counter with 'I think you are silly'. Very cheap. But very helpful as well. It'll help me make sure I don't pay too much attention to your Posts in the future.

Why the hell do people always assume I'm so serious? Jesus, this is a thread about arm pit hair!

Quindiana Jones
11-22-2006, 04:07 PM
Also, "I just think you are silly" is a very acceptable answer given the subject that they were arguing about.

Nominus Experse
11-22-2006, 04:11 PM
But Quin! This is a SERIOUS matter!
There are bacteria, Quin! Freaking bacteria there! Do you know what that means, Quin?

That we must argue about a very silly, inconsequential topic.
This thread amuses me to no end.

Has anyone tried doing anything notable with their armpit hair? I braided mine earlier, and then I tried swallowing my girlfriend with my armpit.

She ripped out some hair.
That hurts, but it makes a strange sound, almost like velcro.

So I did it more. And now I have a meadow within a forest...

Quindiana Jones
11-22-2006, 04:23 PM
What a....cute story. :shifty:

Anaisa
11-22-2006, 05:13 PM

I did read all your posts. I just think you are silly.An you felt the need to tell me that through the medium of a misinformed child like post on antibiotics.
Also, "I just think you are silly" is a very acceptable answer given the subject that they were arguing about. There was no argument.

Just because I haven't responded to this thread with something along the lines of: "armpit hair lol" Doesn't mean I take it seriously.

rubah
11-22-2006, 05:41 PM
Has anyone tried doing anything notable with their armpit hair? I braided mine earlier, and then I tried swallowing my girlfriend with my armpit.

The french kiss it; that's why they leave it there:p

Quindiana Jones
11-22-2006, 06:15 PM
French women are hairy :(

rubah
11-22-2006, 06:19 PM
And I just explained why.

Quindiana Jones
11-22-2006, 06:21 PM
I think they're hairy, so French people just had to get used to it. Not that French people like it, so they stay hairy.

starseeker
11-22-2006, 06:56 PM
I don't have hairy armpits because I own a razor.

Chemical
11-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Why the hell do people always assume I'm so serious? Jesus, this is a thread about arm pit hair!

Arm pit hair is a very serious topic.... very ... serious...

My arm pit hair does this weird thing, it goes away then comes back, goes away then comes back... it's like magic.

louby_4eva
11-22-2006, 07:51 PM
I laughed so much at some the posts in this thread I'm crying :D :D :D

No, I don't have armpit hair, but I don't see the problem with having it. I don't think it's nice for people to say that they think that no one should have hairy armpits because that just makes people who do have them feel self-conscious, imo.

Smile and Be happy :love:

DarkLadyNyara
11-23-2006, 05:34 AM
a little FYI links deodorant to cancer via the use of aluminum in 99% of the products out here. HA take that prissy smelling ... prissies~

Urban legend. :rolleyes2