PDA

View Full Version : The End or the Beggining ?

Alastair|UK
11-20-2006, 08:22 PM
I have been thinking over the last while and have been wondering what if disease is not evil but gods way of trying to save earth from .... well us we are the ones who use up the fuels and the resources we are the ones who polute the air we are the ones who created weapons and now yet we try to save our selves from disease but i want to know whos there to save our selves from each other you see the worlds going to end before the bloody bright star they call the "sun" does expand and destroy us we get people worrying that the next generation will be open to Drastic weather and all that but why cant they see that they need warned against our selves?.

Jigsaw
11-20-2006, 08:27 PM
I think the diseases exist just so we won't overpopulate the earth. I think it's all natural and not a punishment. If God wanted to punish us, I think he would not pick little kids to infect.

Martyr
11-20-2006, 08:28 PM
Mr. Smith from The Matrix had a similar theory about humans being a disease and a scourge of the planet.

As he pointed out, we aren't exactly mammals. We have two very VERY different qualities. You see, while other mammals.... You know what? I'll find the quote for you.
Chillasec.

Agent Smith:
I'd like to share a revelation that I’ve had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species, and I realised that humans are not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment; but you humans do not. Instead you multiply, and multiply, until every resource is consumed. The only way for you to survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern... a virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer on this planet, you are a plague, and we... are the cure.

Now, my theory diverges from this. You see, dinosaurs must have ravaged the planet, and now they're all dead by some catastrophe. Some Ice Age. Man has emerged from the wreckage, and is doing his thing, you know. And it isn't the planet that wants us gone. The planet will always develop new life. However long we last depends on how long that new life that is ever developing will sustain us.

But here's the even lower bottom line: We have to use up all our natural resources because we can't travel through space yet. once we can collect resources from other worlds, then we can feel safe. Until then, we gotta exploit earth as fast as possible, because I don't want some alien bastards to find us before we find them.

Quindiana Jones
11-20-2006, 08:34 PM
Though dinosaurs were looooooong gone before the Ice Age, I still get your point.

Due to the fact there is no god of any sort (*gets flamed*), disease is just another one of life's causes and effects. Another one of life's random things that it chucks at us just for the hell of it.

Also, humans are not going to be wiped out. Unfortunately, we have this insane ability to survive. When desperate times call for it, we will find a new power source. Granted it may be a little too late, and too warm blah blah blah, but I can almost guarantee that we will not die out until the universe does. Unless we get real unlucky. The Sun exploding? Yeah we've got a while before that. By the time it does I can almost guarantee we'll have colonised some other planets.

We will not die, though the universe can always hope. Even if we do all die, the chance that we're the only lifeform in the universe like us is....well, damn near impossible.

XxSephirothxX
11-20-2006, 08:38 PM
Are you serious? :p I don't think diseases are god's way of punishing the human race. They're just a part of nature.

fantasyjunkie
11-20-2006, 08:39 PM
The above post pretty well sums up how I feel on the subject. If some celestial power wanted to do us in, I think a more direct method would do the job. Unless we kill ourselves we will survive.

I Took the Red Pill
11-20-2006, 08:39 PM
disease is just another one of life's causes and effects.

Bahamut2000X
11-20-2006, 08:47 PM
I look at it in a scientific and more logical and provaeable way. Really diseases are caused by bacteria which were just the first forms of life on the planet. They enter into a body and take over systems in order to better thier quality of life at the expense of another organisms. Really they just live and reproduce doing that. And a better example of that way of life is a virus which takes over a cell and uses it's systems to make more of itself. Really thier just organisms from the beginning of life (well except viruses since thier not technically alive) that are working on living still and continuing thier species.

In fact the idea of them limiting humans only by divine interferance is flawed logic as disease and viruses exsist in animal populaces as well as humans, and even plant life too. There fore it couldn't possibly be some sort of creation out to destroy our race if it's rampant in other forms of life as well.

But that's just me. >.>

I Took the Red Pill
11-20-2006, 08:48 PM
Ok.

Spammerman
11-20-2006, 08:49 PM
Theres bacteria on other planets too. They can kill you faster probably since you have no or little immunity to them.

Polaris
11-20-2006, 08:50 PM
Deseases exists coz pandora opened the box which contained every evil of th world... :( greek mithology :D

Martyr
11-20-2006, 08:50 PM
Theres bacteria on other planets too. They can kill you faster probably since you have no or little immunity to them.

NAME ONE!

theundeadhero
11-20-2006, 08:59 PM
Photosynthesis. A planet-spanning disease that has killed off everything except Earth. So far...

Quindiana Jones
11-20-2006, 09:03 PM
It killed early Earth though.

sephirothishere
11-20-2006, 10:10 PM
NAME ONE!

ya..bacteria is life....duhh....there isnt any on planets other then earth....

but the question really is....

is this the???

END OF THE BEGINNING????

Quindiana Jones
11-20-2006, 10:12 PM
NAME ONE!

LOL.

Martyr
11-20-2006, 10:12 PM
NAME ONE!

but the question really is....

is this the???

END OF THE BEGINNING????

According to Billy Corgan, The End is the Beginning is the End and The Beginning is the End is the Beginning.

rubah
11-20-2006, 10:36 PM
When I was little, I used to think that mass deaths could be a good thing since the world would be that much less overpopulated.

I don't think that anymore; there will always been room for people on earth. There might not be room for everyone to live as billionaires, but we don't realize how good we got it, and the people who don't got it good at still living.

Decessus
11-20-2006, 10:40 PM
Honestly, who cares?

Anaisa
11-20-2006, 10:52 PM
Yeah, that would make perfect sense. Because with him ruling the universe an all, he wouldn't be able to just abolish pollution, an give us a never ending supply of resources.

sephirothishere
11-20-2006, 11:24 PM
LOL.

indeed....i should pay more attention to what i write.....ya..so..no other habitable planets...

Quindiana Jones
11-21-2006, 12:41 PM
Do you seriously believe there are no other habitable planets in the universe?

sephirothishere
11-21-2006, 02:13 PM
Do you seriously believe there are no other habitable planets in the universe?

in our solar system....and anywhos...we cant travel that far....

Cruise Control
11-21-2006, 02:21 PM
What a frightening vision.

I was wondering about what would happen if everyone died. EoFF would be dewserted, and it would all read there have been no recent posts.