PDA

View Full Version : Death

Alastair|UK
11-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Why are so many people afraid of Death the word the meaning the process so far we have no one come back from this so how do we know if its bad good peaceful or what the thing is we dont know anything about it which is why we are afraid but whats stopping us from just taking that chance that it may be good or peacful and what if as i think ive said before what if this whole idea of heaven and hell doesnt exist what if its just how people see you on earth ?

BarelySeeAtAll
11-20-2006, 09:08 PM
death is beautifull, when it wants to be, i have too long to wait...

Quindiana Jones
11-20-2006, 09:08 PM
Many many many many many many many people have come back from death.

Venom
11-20-2006, 09:10 PM
Why are so many people afraid of Death the word the meaning the process so far we have no one come back from this so how do we know if its bad good peaceful or what the thing is we dont know anything about it which is why we are afraid but whats stopping us from just taking that chance that it may be good or peacful and what if as i think ive said before what if this whole idea of heaven and hell doesnt exist what if its just how people see you on earth ?

You said it yourself, we dont know what happens after death and thats whats scary.

Vikeve
11-20-2006, 09:13 PM
Its becuase nobody knows for sure whats going to happen after death thats what scares us not knowing. But I'm not afraid to die.:)

yeah stop being racist against zombies:mad2:

Madame Adequate
11-20-2006, 09:14 PM
"Do Not Go Gentle into That Good Night"

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

I'm not afraid of something after death. I'm afraid because there is, as best logic and evidence tells me, nothing after death. I have no plans to die before I have done everything. Heard all the music, read all the books, seen all the plays, climbed all the mountains, walked all the roads, bathed in every star's light. This universe is so, so much vaster than could ever be understood by our minds. I do not want to die until I have seen all of it. I will not want to die when I have, most likely - there will be so many things to do again, to get better at and master, and all the while the countless multitudes of life will be spreading throughout, building new cities and new palaces and writing new stories.

Iceglow
11-20-2006, 09:15 PM
I see it as death is something unknown. I don't particulary like the unknown, it gives me paranoia lol.

Alastair|UK
11-20-2006, 09:16 PM

yeah stop being racist against zombies:mad2:[/quote]

yeah but so far we have yet to have a zombie with the ability to speak its previously spoken language

Jowy
11-20-2006, 09:17 PM
Since when have zombies been real?

Zidane Ultimate
11-20-2006, 09:19 PM
As said, it's the fear of uncertainty, or a strong thirst for life that makes people afraid of death, that's what makes me afraid at least :p

McLovin'
Since pigs flew.

Cruise Control
I fail to see how death is frightening. I have come to grips with the fact that death is the void. There is no heaven, there is no hell.

The concept of heaven is for people who can't accept that they only have 75 years to get it right.

XxSephirothxX
11-20-2006, 09:21 PM
It's called fear of the unknown.

Venom
11-20-2006, 09:22 PM
Since when have zombies been real?

pfft, you are so out of the loop.

Quindiana Jones
11-20-2006, 09:24 PM

I wasn't talking about zombies.

NorthernChaosGod
11-21-2006, 01:08 AM
Because people are ignorant.

Zeromus_X
11-21-2006, 01:13 AM
Because people don't want to stop living! Seriously, how long does it take you to figure that out? I suppose not knowing what'll happen after you die is somewhat ominous, but you'll be dead then and you won't really have to worry about that, will you? :cat:

Mirage
11-21-2006, 01:21 AM
I don't think I actually fear death. I just don't want it to come earlier than it has to.
There are two main reasons for this:
First, chances are that things end with death, and then I wouldn't be able to do all the things I want to. Even if things do not end with death, I don't want to gamble about something I know absolutely nothing about.
Second, I have people that care about me. My death would probably make them sad, and I don't want the people close to me to be sad, and especially not because of something that I caused.

When I have reached my goals, done the things I always wanted to do, and lived a long and good life, I wouldn't mind getting my eternal rest. I might even think I deserved it.

Muse
11-21-2006, 01:21 AM
I celebrate life, as I celebrate death. The two are inevitably intertwined, so if I were to fear one, I would fear the other one as well.

The one who fears dying, also fears living.

Yeah, that sounds pretty clever, so I'll stick to that. >O

YTDN
11-21-2006, 08:18 AM
I don't fear death.

I just don't want to be there when it happens.

Quindiana Jones
11-21-2006, 12:56 PM
^ I've read that somewhere but I can't remember where....:(

Nominus Experse
11-21-2006, 03:02 PM
Because time burns far too quickly

Nasarian Altimeros
11-21-2006, 03:10 PM
Anyone who's indifferent to dieing must have a pretty /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty life.

Breine
11-21-2006, 03:15 PM
It's called fear of the unknown.

I couldn't have said it better.

Social Moon Firesky
11-21-2006, 09:36 PM
I really can't understand people's fear of death. You'll never even know when you're dead. And it means a nice big rest. Besides, everyone's gotta die, or the world would be even more screwed up than it is now.

Personally, I'm kinda looking forwards to dying. Then again, I believe that I'm going to get reincarnated as a cow, or a guinea-pig, or something that has a relatively stress-free life.

Evastio
11-21-2006, 09:43 PM
Death is natural. Even though it may seem evil it isn't. It's the damage that death can cause, the suffering that comes with it, and the evil reputation it has that makes people fear it.

Alive-Cat
11-21-2006, 09:47 PM
The only fear I have of death is the fear of being gone. I don't care where I go, but I won't be here anymore. And I fear others dying, because they will be gone.
GONE LIKE THE WIND BULLZEYE!11!11

McLovin'
11-21-2006, 10:21 PM
Lets all try to live forever or die trying!

Avarice-ness
11-21-2006, 10:23 PM
People are afraid of death because they're obviously used to being alive and naturally people being humans are afraid of change and the fear of the unknown, which is exactly what death is.

NorthernChaosGod
11-21-2006, 11:02 PM
^ I've read that somewhere but I can't remember where....:(
Woody Allen.

Anyone who's indifferent to dieing must have a pretty /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty life.

Or just has accepted the fact that it's a natural part of life?

Luara
11-21-2006, 11:11 PM
Im afraid , I dont want to die till i have 69, just do it