PDA

View Full Version : Weakest Aeon/party member

Omega_Weapon
11-21-2006, 12:31 AM
Who's the weakest party member and aeon in your game? mine are kimahri and the first aeon you get. Kimahri can only do 400-500 while everyone else does around 9999 or more. Valefor isnt that great for a few reasons:
1:Starts off terribly
2: isnt elemental
3: every other aeon has a purpose!

I'm not putting bahaumut,anima,yojimbo, and the magus sisters in the poll cause If they're weak on your team....you need to start training them!!!

Joshcfl08
11-21-2006, 12:54 AM
Valefor definitely...followed by Ixion, Rikku or Kimahri

Spammerman
11-21-2006, 01:55 AM
Why does everone hate Kimahri

Holy Lancer
11-21-2006, 02:10 AM
I had a difficult time with Wakka. Valefor is the weakest aeon.

Timerk
11-21-2006, 03:18 AM
Why does everone hate Kimahri

It is because if you don't work his Sphere Grid exactly right from almost the beginning of the game, he is totally useless. Everyone else has a clearly defined role that it is easy to buff up, but most Kim's end up being hybrids that are weaker than Auron and Wakka, and can't cast as well as Yuna and Lulu.

10-Breaker
11-21-2006, 07:35 AM
Lulu is weakest even if she has best eva. still she is too slow to my taste.

Everit
11-21-2006, 07:43 AM
I'd say Seymour :P

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-21-2006, 11:32 AM
i voted lulu cos her attacks suck and every else can do all the black magic now :D

aeon? probably ifrit actually, the attacks are pretty similar throughout but ifrit doesn't evade anything like ever :D

Mjazi
11-21-2006, 03:28 PM
In my game Valefor kicks-ass! Get the moon sigil to find out why. Lulu is the most useless because she doesn't have as much Magic as Yuna. Kimahri used to be useless but I used the Don Tonberry trick on him.

4evarisha
11-21-2006, 05:17 PM
Mine is Ixion and Auron.

Roto13
11-21-2006, 09:41 PM
If you don't mess with it's stats, Valefor is the weakest aeon by default for everyone.

Rikku is my weakest character. She could still own your Rikku. Betch.

kikimm
11-22-2006, 12:20 AM
Yeah Kimahri. Mostly because I refused to use him, though. I don't like using people in battle when I don't like their character. And he was all right, I just liked everyone else more. And also what Timerk said. ;)

rubah
11-22-2006, 12:28 AM
He's dang useful for stealing though.

No.78
11-22-2006, 04:21 PM
Kimahri, I cba to do the butterflies cos they make me break things. And he has no useful moves, and I forgot to learn Nova cos I'm an idiot, and he's my faviroute but my worst. :(

Yliette
11-23-2006, 05:21 AM
Rikku may not be strong physically and magially but she's still vital because of her Steal and Bribe skills. Essential if you want to customize your equipment to its fullest. Also she's the quickest of all characters and can be used to have her turn be given to slow characters like Auron and Lulu.

Most useless will be Kimahri. I don't hate him wholly. Just his role in the Sphere Grid.

And Bahamut might be useless if not for his Mega Flare. He's slow and his Magic isn't even high.

HolYuna
11-24-2006, 12:27 PM
Kimahri. =/ Never been to keen on him, I always used Yuna, Lulu, Auron and Tidus, mostly.

Weakest Aeon = Shiva, would you believe it? Valefor is stronger, only because I saw s/he was weak and began to use him/her a lot and s/he ended up being a hella strong.

No.78
11-24-2006, 02:34 PM
She, I can assure you.

DeathRaider
11-25-2006, 12:34 PM
My weakest character is Lulu. Not on purpose but as I went through the game I strengthened the other characters up more and I just didn't use her. I've got Tidus on 9999hp, Auron on around 8,000 and Kimahri on 7,500 and the others on around 4000-5000 but Lulu is only on about 2,000 for me and I never use her but I'll start boosting her stats up. Yuna has about double her magic stats so I use her for the magic mainly and Tidus is high on magic for me.

Sefie1999AD
11-25-2006, 08:20 PM
I can't remember about my first game, but on my second game, Wakka and Lulu were both quite weak. Later Wakka got a lot better, though Lulu stayed weak. It's because I was using the Expert Sphere Grid, and Yuna learned the spells Fira/Blizzara/Thundara/Watera a lot before Lulu did, and she did a lot more damage with them than what Lulu did, so Lulu wasn't too useful for me.

It's hard to say which Aeon was the weakest for me, but I think it was Ifrit. Valefor could slow down the enemies with the sonic ability, and it had two powerful Overdrives. When I fought Seymour for the first time, I used Valefor instead of Shiva to defeat Anima, and I didn't really have any problems there. I can never be bothered to teach my Aeons new skills, and I think Ifrit only had Fire, not Fira. Shiva and Ixion both had more HP than Ifrit, and they had Blizzara and Thundara they could cast on themselves. Bahamut is a great Aeon, Yojimbo does 9999 damage even if you give him only 1 Gil every time, Anima is very powerful and Magus Sisters are great too. Yeah, I'd say Ifrit.

cally777
12-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Valefor used to be my weakest aeon, then I figured its non-elemental damage is very useful versus fiends which are resistant or immune to element attacks. Its easy to get to break the dmg limit too. So I boosted its stats at every opportunity. I guess Ixion was the aeon I least used so perhaps it was weakest ... but maybe I just got tired of shading my eyes whenever it appeared!;):cool:

(Minor spoiler alert) On my first attempt I messed up Kimahri by making him a weak black magician, but when I realised he had to fight Biran and Yenke on his own, I leveled him up. Then I neglected Lulu instead. Shame cos she's my favourite character:love:, but I reckon that strength and aeons will win the day over blk magic every time. Hitting things is just easier and faster. Though she was quite useful for when I wanted to disable/weaken a fiend rather than kill it because she had really low str. So praps its how you use 'em.

10-Breaker
05-18-2007, 04:26 PM
Oh oh! Forgot aeon. That would be magus sisters 'cause they never do what I want. :P

Savern Volaco
05-18-2007, 05:24 PM
Shiva and Auron...Weakes for em at least.

demondude
05-18-2007, 07:20 PM
if you add all the possible stats and weapons up when in there max it goes like this

weakest lulu valefor

stongest kimari anima

kimari is the most well rounded character by far

Tavrobel
05-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Depends on the point of the game in which you are currently playing.

If it's early game, then it's whoever you don't like using the most. Most of the time, this is Kimahri, but that's because people don't understand how to make him own. It's not like he has a 310 level 4 damage nuke with 25% slow, a Windwalk skill, ability to replicate, and an ultimate where his clones duplicate, with one of the strongest builds, involving Manta Style and Buriza. Ohh, wait, wrong Kimahri. Rikku may be a contender for weakest, but she's damn fast.

Aeons-wise, same deal, but to state that any of the character or Aeons are useless, is a clear sign of failure. Aeons are also customizable, to a degree, which eans you can craft them however it is that you need them to be.

Late game, it's whoever does not have an attack that hits multiple times or an AoE skill. How anyone can find Kimahri or Lulu to be weak end-game, when they can deal 99999 more effectively than anyone else, I am just confused. Depending on your version, PAL Anima will be the best, with a 16-hit Oblivion, but Mindy remains uber-strong in either version because of Passado. If you're having trouble getting the Sister to do what you want, let them do what they want, and it'll make battles go much faster.

If you want to do a pure stats/damage output battle, then Rikku is terrible once you get her permanently, but then, she begins to rise in usefulness, exponentially. Aeon-wise, Valefor, but you kind of need him until you get Ifrit, and even then, you need him for the battle against Belgemine's Ifrit.

Spammerman
05-18-2007, 09:03 PM
5 months old. wow. Notice how the party members made out of pyreflies are capitalized.

ReloadPsi
05-19-2007, 09:49 PM
Valefor sucks. I'm not even sure what he/she/it is supposed to be.

BG-57
05-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Check out the Fayth. It should remove any doubt as to their genders.

Valefor looks like a combination of a bird and a bat. However much or little you use her, she sure pulls the fat out of the fire for Yuna at one point. Of course, the Magus Sister could have done the same job had they been available at that point in the game.

kikimm
05-20-2007, 06:47 AM
Yeah, this is old.