PDA

View Full Version : Tetsuya Nomura and Working for Disney

Laddy
11-21-2006, 02:49 AM
Ok, we all should know that Tetsuya Nomura, who kind of developed emo, worked with Disney to make Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. Now, involving that, Disney hired.... pop stars, to voice the FF characters, for example: Jesse Mcartney as Roxas, no lie. Anyway, I think Tetsuya Nomura could be capable of developing a film for Disney. What do you think? Could he?

Zeromus_X
11-21-2006, 02:59 AM
The celebrity voice actors were only hired for the English versions of the games. Although I suppose that seiyuu are celebrities in thier own right in Japan.

Anyway, I'm sure Nomura could think up the most confusing storyline in any Disney movie yet that may or may not involve someone with spiky hair.

Everit
11-21-2006, 07:30 AM
He could probably put cartoon disney back on the map.

But....Disney won't let him do anything like that because they're Nazi's.

Mirage
11-21-2006, 03:59 PM
Nomura sucks :p.

Avarice-ness
11-21-2006, 10:08 PM
He could probably put cartoon disney back on the map.

But....Disney won't let him do anything like that because they're Nazi's.

I read something about the artist that did most of the disney animated movies of the 90's retired or something. Plus, most Disney movies are based off fairy tales (Or in the Lion Kings case... Shakespear) They're running out of fairy tales to cover so maybe some originality is what they need..

Laddy
11-21-2006, 10:08 PM
:( I weep at your ignorance.

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-21-2006, 10:31 PM
The celebrity voice actors were only hired for the English versions of the games. Although I suppose that seiyuu are celebrities in thier own right in Japan.

I remember reading something about Sora's seiyuu. I forget the person's name and sex, but anyways. It is the same voice actor that did Daisuke from D.N. Angel. There was more to it, but I forgot.

Yeah, it feels like Disney is fishing for money, especially off of the stuff that did really well in the 90's by making cheap sequels that most of the time do not even see a theatrical release. An example would be Mulan 2. The first one ended fine, there was no need of a sequel.

Fire_Emblem776
11-21-2006, 11:12 PM
*adds to list*
101 dalmations II
Pocohantus II
Cinderella II: Dreams Come True
The Little Mermaid II: Return To The Sea
beauty and the beast+spin offs
bambi II *twitchy*
Lady & The Tramp II: Scamps Adventure
Aladin I,II,II
Lion King II
The Lion King 1½.
Toy Story II
An Extremely Goofy Movie
Return To Never Land
The Hunchback Of Notre Dame II
The Jungle Book 2
Atlantis: Milo's Return
Stitch! The Movie
Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has A Glitch
Tarzan II
Tarzan and Jane
Kronk's New Groove

If you say they lived happily ever after, leave it at that & shut up -_-

Laddy
11-21-2006, 11:34 PM
:D Ha, I agree.

Roto13
11-22-2006, 01:06 AM
God. I hate that. None of those movies are ever any good ever. They just serve to bastardize what is usually a really good animated family movie.

Laddy
11-22-2006, 03:14 AM
:D Yes, if Nomura made a Disney film, it would probably confuse anyone under 10, but I think it will be a great cult classic, and Avarice-ness, I wasn't weeping at your ignorance, it was Mirage's.

Mirage
11-22-2006, 03:16 AM
Yeah, RedXIII, you're right, except I'm not ignorant. Oh, guess that makes you wrong, oh well. I'm just tired of his work, and I have no reason to believe he would be able to make good movies. Well ok, AC didn't suck, but it was far from a masterpiece.

Laddy
11-22-2006, 03:24 AM
:'( I'm sorry I doubted your opinion. Anyway, I personally like his work, and think maybe some alternate physchological thriller would work.

Dragonface
11-22-2006, 08:59 AM
:D Yes, if Nomura made a Disney film, it would probably confuse anyone under 10, but I think it will be a great cult classic, and Avarice-ness, I wasn't weeping at your ignorance, it was Mirage's.

Disney rarely has any horror-base film. Nomura could try make some horror film.

Avarice-ness
11-22-2006, 02:53 PM

I was about to say. :(

Plus I've always wanted to draw for disney, so I think it'd actually be better if Nomura got ahold of Disney then me. :razz:

Now.. time for work. :(

Fire_Emblem776
11-22-2006, 08:14 PM
um does So Weird count? Thats the closest to "horror" Disney got.

Laddy
11-22-2006, 09:19 PM
I've never essn that, so I don't know. Anyway, come on, Nomura! Make a film for Disney, PLEASE!

Sefie1999AD
11-24-2006, 11:14 PM
I think Nomura tends to make his stories too thoughtful for a Disney film. He could make a good movie together with the Disney, though I don't think he'd be too good making a film the primary target audience of which is children.

Aladin I,II,II

Why is the first Aladdin movie included on this list? It wasn't a cheap sequel, and I thought it was a pretty good movie.

StarlightAngel
11-25-2006, 12:37 AM
I remember reading something about Sora's seiyuu. I forget the person's name and sex, but anyways. It is the same voice actor that did Daisuke from D.N. Angel. There was more to it, but I forgot.

It's a guy, and he does voices of mostly main characters, i.e. Haku from Spirited Away, Syaoran from Tsubasa Chronicles, Daisuke from DNAngel, Sena from Eyeshield21, etc. I think his name is Miyu Irino or some such

CHECKED: Yes, it's Miyu Irino.