PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Video Games

tan
11-21-2006, 04:48 AM
Does anyone know if a foreign video game would work for my Gameboy SP? I know that PS2 games from different regions don't work on each other's systems, but I was hoping it'd be different for the Gameboy systems. I'm hoping to buy a German video game to help me practice and learn more German :)

Oh, and also, does anyone know where to buy foreign video games? I mean, I know there's always Amazon, but I'm not sure most of the sellers there would want to send anything all the way out here.

Endless
11-21-2006, 08:16 AM
Does anyone know if a foreign video game would work for my Gameboy SP? I know that PS2 games from different regions don't work on each other's systems, but I was hoping it'd be different for the Gameboy systems. I'm hoping to buy a German video game to help me practice and learn more German :)

Oh, and also, does anyone know where to buy foreign video games? I mean, I know there's always Amazon, but I'm not sure most of the sellers there would want to send anything all the way out here.

Gameboy, Gameboy Adv/SP, DS are not regioned. Any game bought anywhere will work on them regardless of where you bought the console.

What area are you in, and where do you want to import from?

JKTrix
11-21-2006, 12:30 PM
If your area is accessible via FedEx or UPS or a similar place, most websites will be good for you.

Play-Asia (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-1u6b-49-en.html) is one of the best Japanese import sites with a focus on games and game-related stuff. For European games though, with German especially, I have no clue.

You should be able to find other kinds of softwarez on the internet to help you practice German.

tan
11-21-2006, 06:50 PM

Gameboy, Gameboy Adv/SP, DS are not regioned. Any game bought anywhere will work on them regardless of where you bought the console.

What area are you in, and where do you want to import from?

Oh, I forgot about that part. I'm in Arizona, part of Southwest America. I want to import it to here from possibly just Germany, but I don't know which sites to get it from. There's amazon.de, but I'm not sure if most of those vendors can ship it all the way here, which is why other sites might be able to.

Roto13
11-21-2006, 09:52 PM
There's always eBay.

For the record, no Nintendo handheld has ever been region locked, and the PSP is region free for games only. (UMD movies, not so much)

Endless
11-22-2006, 06:22 PM
Oh, I forgot about that part. I'm in Arizona, part of Southwest America. I want to import it to here from possibly just Germany, but I don't know which sites to get it from. There's amazon.de, but I'm not sure if most of those vendors can ship it all the way here, which is why other sites might be able to.

Amazon.de doesn't ship games and electronic equipment out of Europe (just like Amazon.com doesn't ship games to Europe).

tan
11-23-2006, 12:24 AM

Amazon.de doesn't ship games and electronic equipment out of Europe (just like Amazon.com doesn't ship games to Europe).

Where would you suggest I but it from, then? :)

I mean, there is eBay, but I'm not the biggest fan of it, and I don't have an account there, but I'll definitely look.

Mirage
11-23-2006, 01:52 AM
What games are available in Europe but not in America?

Endless
11-23-2006, 07:31 AM
What games are available in Europe but not in America?

Games in German? :p