PDA

View Full Version : Transferring Accounts

Crossblades
11-21-2006, 02:44 PM
My older bro purchased a copy of FF XI for the PC. His plan is for me and my little bro to play with each other online. However, I want to know if there is a way to transfer our account from our Xbox 360 to the PC so we wouldn't have to pay for two accounts and continue making new characters. Or do we have to pay for the 2 accounts regardless?

Markus. D
11-21-2006, 05:44 PM
Two accounts regardless.

and believe me, you want it like this whether it seems less inconvenient.

Ouch!
11-21-2006, 07:35 PM
I'm not sure I understand your question. When you say transfer account, do you mean quit playing on the Xbox360 to play on the PC or do you mean transfering characters between accounts?

The account you use on the XBox360 should be accessable on the PC. If you and your brother currently share an account, and you want to play together, then one of you will have to start over.

SE is a pain in the ass with transfers of characters from one account to another. It's happened before, but not often (I've only heard of it actually happening once). It's a poor business move on their part, but Square-Enix's customer support for FFXI is absolutely horrible anyway.

Either way, if you both want to be playing together at the same time, two accounts are absolutely necessary. Your brother might play on the PS2, but as soon as you log in under the same account on the PC, your brother will be disconnected. It's quite inconvenient for players, but very profitable for SE.

Crossblades
11-21-2006, 08:28 PM
I'm not sure I understand your question. When you say transfer account, do you mean quit playing on the Xbox360 to play on the PC or do you mean transfering characters between accounts?

Basically what I'm asking is if one account can be used for both platforms. In this case, the PC and my Xbox 360.

Mirage
11-21-2006, 09:09 PM
Then the answer is yes. I think.
Two persons can't log in with the same account at once though, nor can you transfer one character from one account to another.

The account you use on the XBox360 should be accessable on the PC. If you and your brother currently share an account, and you want to play together, then one of you will have to start over.

SE is a pain in the ass with transfers of characters from one account to another. It's happened before, but not often (I've only heard of it actually happening once). It's a poor business move on their part, but Square-Enix's customer support for FFXI is absolutely horrible anyway.

Either way, if you both want to be playing together at the same time, two accounts are absolutely necessary. Your brother might play on the PS2, but as soon as you log in under the same account on the PC, your brother will be disconnected. It's quite inconvenient for players, but very profitable for SE.

Quite usual too! If not, we'd have 10 complete strangers using the same account.

Ouch!
11-22-2006, 05:37 AM
Quite usual too! If not, we'd have 10 complete strangers using the same account.
True enough. The sarcasm isn't appreciated, though.