PDA

View Full Version : "My Dog ate my Homework"

ShunNakamura
11-21-2006, 04:28 PM
Have you ever used a "My dog..." excuse validly before?

My example is, right now as I type I am squinting and leaning only a couple inches from the monitor. Why? One of our Dogs ate my glasses. We found the remains :(. Anyways, I was unable to get in to classes today because I can't(or at least shouldn't) drive without my glasses and it happened when we had no plan/recourse to get around it. Dad was called off(and was flown halfway accross the country) so one of our vehicles is parked several hours away. In addition my dad is one of the only other people in the house who can drive. Etc... So what did I have to tell my teachers? "My dog ate my glasses!".

And as a note it REALLY hurts to try and read this computer screen without my glasses[and actually I don't even know if you would call it reading. All I am doing is guessing what the blurs are based upon my prior knowledge of how it works]... good greif.

Anyways, what "My dog" excuses have you used before(and actually my dog HAS eaten my homework before[and my money too]... I just redid it).

Jess
11-21-2006, 04:34 PM
Our puppy ate one of my pair of frenchies. :(...They were a really nice pair, too! :jess:

I've never pulled the "My dog ate..." trick, though.

Twilight Edge
11-21-2006, 04:46 PM
NAh, I don't even have a dog. And I'm afraid of dogs, even a puppy.

Heero Yuy NWZC
11-21-2006, 05:26 PM
No. It just sounds really unconvincing to me.

Quindiana Jones
11-21-2006, 06:43 PM
A woman once took a borrowed book back to the library in a terrible state. Her excuse was "My dog tried to eat it". The book was a book about training your dog.

Bunny
11-21-2006, 06:45 PM
One time I burned down a house and blamed it on my dog.

I visit him in prison every now and then. Poor guy..

Ender
11-21-2006, 06:50 PM
My dog ate my homework once for true, but I don't recall actually using that as the excuse I gave because I think I must have reasoned that the teacher wouldn't buy it. My recollection is that I actually redid the assignment during class and handed it in at the end.

Drift
11-21-2006, 06:51 PM
Our puppy ate one of my pair of frenchies. :(...They were a really nice pair, too! :jess:

thats just an excuse to go comando though :p