PDA

View Full Version : L'Oreal Men Expert

Burtsplurt
11-21-2006, 07:49 PM
I keep seeing adverts for this on TV. It's a... what the heck is it? I think it reduces the appearance of wrinkles or something. In the advert the guy looks 48/49, slaps some Men Expert on, and then looks like he's maybe only in his late 40s or something. So, yeah, it makes you look younger.

Men: would you ever consider using a product to make you look younger? Young people: imagine you're 30 or something, and when you go down the street, the young kids call you "pops" or "granddad." It wouldn't have happened in your day. Little scallywags.

Women: do you think men who use this kind of thing are a bit girlie, or do you think it's important for men to take a lot of care in their appearance?

Markus. D
11-21-2006, 07:54 PM
so maybe a girl putting on make-up these days is considered manly?

Iceglow
11-21-2006, 08:10 PM
It's actually sad but true they are trying to encourage men to wear makeup. I see it as if I am going to a goth club then yeah maybe some eyeliner (not that I need it with my eyelashes being so thick.) or nail polish but nothing more. At any other time, no.

Polaris
11-21-2006, 08:12 PM
It's actually sad but true they are trying to encourage men to wear makeup.

Why sad? Some guys are pretty hot with a bit of makeup (and I don't mean lipsticks :D)

I haven't seen the comercial but when i do I'll post my comments!

yumi
11-21-2006, 08:13 PM
As long as they stay away from my cosmetics, I really don't mind.

Quindiana Jones
11-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Nowt wrong with face cream. And hand cream.

Owen Macwere
11-21-2006, 08:30 PM
I do not encorage any kind of these stuff. A man with make up is not atrue man. I just put some cream on my hands cause they always get dry and gets scratched and hurt.

Anaisa
11-22-2006, 10:09 AM
What amuses me about the whole mens cosmetic things, is that if you see the adverts for womens products the womens skin is airbrushed an lit to perfection. But when you see the adverts for mens products, they look ragged! I think men should take care of their skin. Having rough skin an wrinkles is not attractive whether you're male or female. Although most cosmetics companies don't agree. They think it's ok for men to look like they do in reality, but women should try an acheive the look of an airbrushed image of perfection. If men want to wear make-up it doesn't concern me. But I certainly don't think it's a good look for a regular guy on the street.

41-Inches-Wide
11-22-2006, 10:19 AM
I really don't find age-defying creams to be of such importance. We'd all get old someday anyway. It's a natural process, it's part of being human. I wonder why people (both men and women) try to hide it, though. Everybody gets wrinkly anyway.

Breine
11-22-2006, 05:17 PM
There's nothing wrong with using body lotion, face cream, hand cream or something like that... Even manly men do so... or so I've been told :shifty: