PDA

View Full Version : Getting My Nes To Work

RiseToFall
11-21-2006, 09:11 PM
So I decided to do some retro gaming and got my Nes out of the attic, but soon started feeling blue. Some of my games are just not working no matter how much I mess around with it. I know it's a 21 year old system but I've never had problems with it before. Anyone have some advice for me as to what I can do to get the games to work?

Zeromus_X
11-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Well, how well did you store your games?

Dreddz
11-21-2006, 09:20 PM
Buy a new NES. You've given us very unclear indication what to tell you, if you've messed around with the game as much as possible ( blowing etc ), then the problem is probably beneath the hood of your NES.

Jowy
11-21-2006, 09:21 PM
Use rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab to clean the cartridges.

Or just buy a top-loader on eBay and avoid the swearing, praying, and other such insane acts to make the games work.

RiseToFall
11-21-2006, 09:23 PM
^ for Zeromus
Just in boxes, some had the black cover over them and others didn't. I get them out once every in a while and usually I can get all of them to work. It's not like I kept the games and system up there for years.

Is there some thing I can clean my games with? I'm kind of scared to try anything because it might ruin the game even more.

Edit: I'll try the rubbing alcohol, thanks Jowy.

Araciel
11-21-2006, 09:53 PM
yup sure beats buyin a WII and payin more than the cartridges are worth at a garage sale to play them

Fire_Emblem776
11-21-2006, 10:51 PM
Buy this http://www.playmessiah.com/products/
sure the wireless nes remote is odd..i prefer the old one myself, i dont like how they feel. But it plays the games fine.