PDA

View Full Version : The Beatles "Love"

White Raven
11-22-2006, 02:48 AM
I just got it and just finished a first run through it. Being a huge Beatles fan (they're second to me only to Floyd) I'm having mixed feelings aboot it thus far. It's neat to hear the songs remixed, smooshed together and whatnot, but some parts of me wish that their music should never be touched.

So has anyone else had a chance to listen to it yet, and what are your thoughts and opinions on it?

:)

Necronopticous
11-22-2006, 05:01 AM
I enjoyed it quite a bit, myself. The mashup stuff is kind of funny, since it's a strange thing for George and Giles to be dabbling in. Overall the quality is superb, and it's a nice reason to listen to more Beatles.

There was nothing on the record I was really dissapointed in, and honestly there are tracks on LOVE that I found to be even better than the album versions. An example would be the fantastic version of "While my Guitar Gently Weeps."

XxSephirothxX
11-22-2006, 05:02 AM
I just learned about this today, so I haven't had a chance to hear it yet. But I'm intrigued by the idea, and from what I've read, it's not exactly brilliant, but still a very worthwhile listen. I'd really like to get my hands on it. More Beatles can never hurt.

Necronopticous
11-22-2006, 05:26 AM
Here's the thing. George and Giles weren't about to go all out changing stuff or doing crazy remixes, especially for a widely released record with a target audience of old Beatles fans, which is why I said the mashup stuff was kind of surprising and funny. Because of this limitation it would be nearly impossible to put out something "brilliant" or anything that was going to blow anyone away. If you're looking for something in that category I would recommend Dangermouse's Gray Album.

Resha
11-22-2006, 11:14 AM
Do you mean the Cirque du Soleil production album? Because -- well, I haven't heard the album and from what I'm hearin' -- it's remixed? I don't know how I'd react to that. But the show I do desperately want to see, because not only are Cirque fantastic by themselves, with some amazing Beatlish music they'd be fanfuckingtastic.

Anaisa
11-22-2006, 11:39 AM
The fuss people made about this album I assumed at first it must be unreleased tracks. But then when I heard it was just remixes an beatles songs mashed together, I was very disappointed.

White Raven
11-24-2006, 08:31 PM
After listening to this album non stop for a few days, I'm beginning to like it. My favourite mix thus far is the Mr. Kite/I Want You/Helter Skelter mix. :up:

:)