PDA

View Full Version : Best Party In FFIX

Narmi Alatom
11-22-2006, 09:30 PM
im gettin this game again and i forgot wat the best party to have was. Eiko can learn holy /
Vivi can learn metor and flare /
Garnet has awsome ediolons /
Freya is a dragoon nuff said /
Zidane has an essential "steal" skill /
Steiner is really strong.

So out of those 6 i'm lookin for your help to choose 4 of em.

Thank you. Good bye.

TheSpoonyBard
11-22-2006, 09:37 PM
I like to go with Zidane, Eiko, Freya and either Steiner or Amarant. There's not really a party that's better than any other, so just choose your favourite characters.

Heath
11-22-2006, 09:53 PM
It certainly wasn't Eiko's dinner party thing. That was a pretty lame party. Not a single interesting person turned up.

Muse
11-23-2006, 12:35 AM
Quina for blue magic; Zidane for thievery and his Trance(s); Amarant for throwing things; Eiko for her Eidolons and white magic.

Twilight Edge
11-23-2006, 05:00 AM
If you have Vivi, go Steiner. Pair up for magic sword. Always have a white mage to heal you. Eiko with holy and Garnet with Eidolons. Eiko heals better while Garnet helps to eliminate hordes of monsters faster.

Zeromus_X
11-23-2006, 05:02 AM
I like to use Zidane, Quina, Vivi, and Eiko. :p :cat:

But it normally changes from game to game.

vivi"s son#7
11-23-2006, 05:21 AM
Vivi,Freya,Eiko and Steiner!

Darth Cid
11-23-2006, 07:46 PM
Zidane - Power
Garnet - Bahamut
Vivi - Different magics
Eiko - Holy and healing

Thank you very much, I rest my case.

Ethanol Dreams
11-23-2006, 08:21 PM
I just finished the game with Zidane (unfortunately), Vivi, Garnet and Freya. It was great fun, but challenging at times without Steiner or Quina.

By the way, you'll want to power up most, if not all, of your characters because at some point, you might be forced into a battle with them. I didn't use Steiner or Quina for ages and was completely owned later on at a particular boss. ;)

PuPu
11-23-2006, 08:36 PM
I think you have to have Zidane in the party, since Square didn't let you take the main character out of the party yet.

My party was:

Zidane: Fast, has Steal, is Adaquetly powerful, and extremely powerful once in Trance.

Dagger: Has good white magic and has great summons like Bahamut and Ark.

Vivi: Has very powerful black magic from the beginning to the end, and plus I use Doomsday whenever my party's HP is low :D

Steiner: A very powerful character, with very powerful attacks like Stock Break, Climhazzard and Shock. Shock is almost guaranteed to do 9,999 damage. (Unless, 1: Enemy is under "Protect" status, 2: Steiner is under "mini" status, 3: You are fighting in Ipsen's Castle.)

Darth Cid
11-23-2006, 08:40 PM
I think you have to have Zidane in the party, since Square didn't let you take the main character out of the party yet.

In Memoria and Crystal World, Zidane can leave the active party, but his walker sprite will still be in use.

Everit
11-23-2006, 08:41 PM
Zidane - has awesome trance abilities. Strong physical attacks

Dagger - Good white magic. Great with summon magic

Steiner - The sword abilities are awesome. Good strength

Freya - Good dragoon skills. Strong physical attack

I usually go for an all-out assault when I attack an enemy. I don't let them attack me, haha.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-23-2006, 08:57 PM
Zidane, Salamander, Quina, and Freya. If you're using anything else, you're doing something wrong.
In Memoria and Crystal World, Zidane can leave the active party, but his walker sprite will still be in use.That's not a sprite.

rubah
11-23-2006, 09:07 PM
I think I used Zidane, Steiner, Amarant, and Freya for super smashability when speeding through the fourth disk. Thievery, [climhazard or something about shocking, I really do not remember], jumpin'ness and chakra of life.

LunarWeaver
11-23-2006, 10:43 PM
I use the people on the cover of the four discs in my party because it makes me feel nice and official.

Narmi Alatom
11-23-2006, 11:27 PM
I use the people on the cover of the four discs in my party because it makes me feel nice and official.

yeah i dont have the peoples faces on my disc so could you tell who those people are?

LunarWeaver
11-24-2006, 12:03 AM
Why yes I can :monocle:

Zidane, Garnet, Steiner, and Vivi.

VeloZer0
11-24-2006, 03:17 AM
Personaly I always include Amerant, not because he himself is all that good, but because if he is in your party you can continue fighting forever. If there is one thing I can't stand it's rationing mana. If I can't cast every turn I might as well get a melee character.

It usualy goes:
Zidane - have to
Eiko - far stronger than Garnet damage wise (Madeen + Holy > Bahamut)
Amarant - Chakara!
Freya - I'm a dragoon fanboy

Laddy
11-24-2006, 04:55 AM
I have three that work great:

The bashing but still want to heal party

Zidane (Speed and Strength, also because stealing)
Freya (Have her jump a ton second healer)
Quina (Her BLue Magic rulez! first healer)
Amarant (For extra strength and throwing stuff)

The Party for Balanceness

Zidane (Speed)
Garnet (Heal!!)
Vivi!!!! (Magic)
Steiny (Ouch!)

The group for CAST A THONS!

Zidane (Stealing)
Vivi (Magic)
Eiko (Healing)
Steiner (Sword Magic)

Eiko Guy
11-24-2006, 01:23 PM
I like Zidane, Garnet, Vivi, and Eiko. MOre than enough healing and More than enough attacks that deal good damage

jill
11-24-2006, 07:20 PM
In Memoria, I like:

Eiko-healing is always good, and half MP cost + holy=yay

Vivi-Flare, Flare, Flare, Flare, Osmose, Flare, Flare...

*As an added bonus, you can have Eiko cast Carbuncle to Reflect everyone and then have Vivi reflect an elemental spell off of EVERYBODY at once for an easy 9999*

Freya-maxed out Dragon's Crest and Reis' Wind

Amarant-Chakra ability for Freya and Eiko for restoring MP (I'm stingy with my ethers), Revive is handy because it restores more than a puny 5 HP, Aura saved my butt on numerous occasions, and Curse is a nice touch to the Reflect trick above. And he's got good attacks.

Although Freya might be replaced with Steiner once I find that stupid Ragnorak...

RiseToFall
11-24-2006, 08:10 PM
-Zidane
-Garnet
-Vivi
-Steiner

Elemental Alchemist
11-24-2006, 08:11 PM
I would go with:
1. Zidane (speed and strength)
2. Vivi (all the destructive magic you may need)
3. Eiko (healing and summons)
4. Amarant (Chakra, Aura, throwing, and strenth)

Pretty balanced party. And it can really multitask.

Peter_20
11-24-2006, 08:23 PM
Technically, this would be the ultimate party:

Zidane (Thievery / Steal) - 9999 DMG & steal items
Freya (Dragon's Crest / Rei's Wind) - 9999 DMG & MP recovery
Quina (Frog Drop / White Wind) - 9999 DMG & HP recovery
Steiner (Shock) - 9999 DMG

:)

TheSpoonyBard
11-24-2006, 08:33 PM
Reis's Wind White Draw.

cloud21zidane16
11-24-2006, 09:36 PM
Technically, this would be the ultimate party:

Zidane (Thievery / Steal) - 9999 DMG & steal items
Quina (Frog Drop / White Wind) - 9999 DMG & HP recovery
Steiner (Shock) - 9999 DMG

:)

i agree:p
i also like using zidane-attack/steal
dagger-heal and summon
vivi- strong magic
steiner attack and magic sword;)

Sefie1999AD
11-25-2006, 12:06 AM
I don't think there really is a best party because it depends on your gameplay preferences and which abilities you've been developing. My favorite party is:

Zidane - mostly attacks, and his Trance moves are very useful
Dagger - she heals and summons
Vivi - uses black magic, casts Flare and Doomsday (if everyone in the party can nullify or absorb it)
Freya - uses Dragon's Crest and some other abilities.

Actually, my favorite team usually includes Zidane, Dagger and two out of Freya, Steiner and Vivi. Steiner's good with his physical strength and techs like Climhazzard and Shock.

Nerevarine
11-27-2006, 06:08 PM
i like

Zidane

Garnet

Amarant

Freya

Dont rellay have good reasons for it except they are my favorites

Slade
11-28-2006, 06:59 AM
I usually use:

Zidane - stealing, strong attacks and because you have to have him :rolleyes2

Quina - White Wind (healing), strong attacks

Freya - Rei's Wind (Regen), Jump and stron attacks.

Amarant - Chakra (healing), strong attacks and a couple of other good skills (which I can't remember because I haven't played in yonks)

Dell
11-29-2006, 03:10 PM
Zidane (Stealing)
Vivi (Magic)
Eiko (Healing)
Steiner (Sword Magic)