PDA

View Full Version : Embarassing moments

Rye
11-22-2006, 09:55 PM
Today in Honors Choir/Chorale/Chamber Singers/whatever you call the select awesomesauce singing groups, I had an embarassing moment. First though, you will learn choir stuff to explain the situation. Bare with me, mmmkay? Or skip if you're a weenie to the topic. ;_;

You see, we're doing a jazz rendition of "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town", and for that, we're split beyond just the normal SATB (Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass) line up. We have the sopranos split into Soprano 1s and Soprano 2s. Soprano 1s do the very high notes, like the High G's, High A's, High B's, High C's, etc, that even most girls can't hit. I'm a soprano 1. The soprano 2s have the odd notes between the Sop 1s and the Altos, but nothing out of the range of any soprano. In this song, there are A LOT of descant-ish (the high lines sung by a few sop 1 chicks usually to top off a song) lines.

Anyways, since higher pitched sounds are heard more above lower pitched sounds, the number of soprano 1s are limited to about 5-6 girls in the choir. And also... since we're mostly 15-17 year old chicks, very few girls can hit those very high notes with aplomb and strength. Today, however, a lot of people were out, so only 2 other soprano 1s were in besides me, both of which were younger and not loud at all.

And at this time, the teacher happened to decide to have us sing this one particular phrase "dance boots" which for the sop 1s is a high G or A, which is not a difficult note for me, but is very high, and I was practically the only one singing it. And to make things worse, as we're in mixed allignment (as in, sopranos are not with sopranos, tenors not with tenors, etc) and I was stuck next to all altos and tenorettes (chicks who sing tenor, normally the higher register male part) which have low notes so I wanted to shoot myself. Then the teacher, made just the soprano 1s sing the dreaded "DANCIN' BOOOOOOOOT" again. And again. And again. And again. I was like, bright red for embarassment, since the other girls would not sing! >:[ People said I did fantastic, but gosh! I ended up hiding my face in my hands after since I was so embarassed. xD I don't have much of a problem singing by myself, but such a high note. ;_;

I guess I'm lucky though that this was one of my most embarrassing moments this year, it's not even that bad. xD

Anyways, topic: Name any embarassing in-class moments you've had lately?

Emerald weapon
11-22-2006, 10:06 PM
lol childish but a farted and it smelled bad even the teacher went''allan what do eat''very embarssing even more so with the girl youve got the hots for is in your class

Vikeve
11-22-2006, 10:09 PM
Rye try actually forgetting the words in the show especially when you suk at lipsinking.:)

Luara
11-22-2006, 10:20 PM
I was embarreced if i didnt sing... you did well ;) :love:
an embarresing ... when I was a kid, in school , I was in the bathroom, and sense I was taking to much time, the teacher asked a GUY to go after me and call me out, and then , he entered in the bathroom and..saw me... the bastard.. and then he told everyone in the class that he saw me!!! he SAW get it?? I was 7 years old but still... he told everyone and the guy I liked :cry:
ahhh, bad old times...

Rye
11-22-2006, 11:06 PM
Rye try actually forgetting the words in the show especially when you suk at lipsinking.:)

I hate that! I usually am good with words, but when I'm nervous I'll end up switching lines or forgettign a few words. Since I'm in an Honors Choir though, we mostly sing foreign languages, so I can kind of get away with it to some extent. xD

Rocket Edge
11-22-2006, 11:13 PM
When i was out in a nightclub recently i fell down a flight of stairs because the floor so slippy and i didn't notice. Guess who i was with? A girl i liked for along time and just managed to be with her. Not only did i feel like an idiot, it was painful! :p

Iceglow
11-23-2006, 02:06 AM
See when that happens you have to simply put an arm out behind you blindly, hopefully you catch yourself on one, push off and hand plant upright...just try to land at the bottom of the stairs otherwise you go face first down them. I've done it, it's fun and saves embarassment instead you earn kewl points in the eyes of people on the stairs.

Sylvie
11-23-2006, 02:19 AM
I had the "Barbie Girl" song stuck in my head today when I was doing a math test. That was just annoying.

Embarrassment... when I screw up in a sport in gym class.

Quindiana Jones
11-23-2006, 02:46 PM
My little toy dog was on a table being pulled away from me. I love that dog :love:, so I dived across my table and grabbed it, only to find myself flat on my back on the floor. At least I had Sheila in my arms though :heart:

Breine
11-23-2006, 02:52 PM
It's always very embarassing when you fart really loud in class... not that it has ever happened to me :shifty:

Also, I fell asleep once... not very good.

Riana
11-23-2006, 02:55 PM
I was making my way home from Uni. I have to walk through a park to get to the street I live on. Now, lots of people walk their dogs through this park, and one day a dog came and humped on my leg! @_@;;

Don't get me wrong, I love dogs, but my preference is men. x.X;;

The Real Dark Messenger
11-23-2006, 03:48 PM
Let me see...

I fell a sleep about 3 times during high school.

I fell of a chair during class.

I dropped a box of candy on the wodden floor at my exam, so the rest of the 40 people in the room everyone turned around and looked at me.

I called my chemistry teacher at college 'dad'.

Well, what can I say - I am embarrassing.

Ignisaurarigo
11-23-2006, 04:15 PM
Thankfully nothing really embarasses me anymore :) I keep my shame in a small jar along with my dignity and morals.
But at uni I've started this habit (and got others to start) of saying bum-sex after I knock on people's doors.
One of my friends had just come back after visiting her parents for the weekend, I went to her room, yelled b**-s** and her parents opened the door :eek:
I think I was more embarrassed for her than myself, but it got worse 'cause I did it again while she was on the phone to her Dad