PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Villian?

Goldenboko
11-22-2006, 10:36 PM
What's your favorite FF villian? Mine goes to Kuja.

Evastio
11-22-2006, 10:39 PM
Golbez is okay since he was just under mind control and he did try to make up for all of his actions.

Also the main villian for FFIII is Zande/DarkCloud.

Goldenboko
11-22-2006, 10:43 PM
I haven't got to play that game yet :whimper:

ishashobar
11-22-2006, 10:44 PM
final fantasy III or IV?

Goldenboko
11-22-2006, 10:47 PM
III

NINJA_Ryu
11-22-2006, 10:57 PM
kefka for mine

cmon, who can pull of that look, poison some noobs, kill an emperor, AND achieve godliness?

DarkLadyNyara
11-22-2006, 11:05 PM
*points to avatar* What, like you had to ask?

Meat Puppet
11-23-2006, 12:12 AM
I have to go with FFVIII Ultimecia (pfft yeah right) on this one.

Goldenboko
11-23-2006, 12:39 AM
I have to go with FFVIII Ultimecia (pfft yeah right) on this one.

*Falls to the ground laughing*
Good joke!
You where joking right?

Zeromus_X
11-23-2006, 12:46 AM
Added in Xande. :) :cat:

Goldenboko
11-23-2006, 12:48 AM
Added in Xande. :) :cat:

Thanks *pets kitty*

Ashley Schovitz
11-23-2006, 12:50 AM
There are just way too many good ones to decide, but here are my top ten not in any order.

Kuja
Brahne
Zorn and Thorn
Seifer
Ultimecia
Golbez
Rebuticant
Sin
Seymour
Rude
Scarlet

DarkLadyNyara
11-23-2006, 12:54 AM
Kuja is my second favorite. :D

Laddy
11-23-2006, 02:39 AM
Ultimacia mis just one awesome villianess!

feioncastor
11-23-2006, 05:05 AM
Kefka, for being genuinely evil. Like, criminally insane.

Elpizo
11-23-2006, 06:21 AM
Kuja, with Exdeath very close behind. Vayne looks cool, however.

Edgar
11-23-2006, 06:29 AM
haha this is like the tenth or so poll on the "Best Villain" I've seen since I joined. And Kefka will always be my best villain. If many people posted I think it will once again be a deadlock between Kefka and Sephiroth with Sephiroth naturally in the lead due to the world's overall exposure to FFVII.

Unless times have changed...

Goldenboko
11-23-2006, 01:51 PM
I thought with the addition of Vayne things would've changed... guess not.

Dr. Acula
11-25-2006, 06:15 AM
Kefka, I salute you.

Sephy comes in close second.:p All the other ones suck (I haven't played X upwards so I dont know the others):freak:

BarelySeeAtAll
11-25-2006, 11:52 AM
oh, i wonder who i chose!

Dell
11-25-2006, 02:15 PM
I thought with the addition of Vayne things would've changed... guess not.

Well, a lot of people haven't got it yet.

My vote goes to Vayne. Final Fantasy XII is my favourite FF, and Vayne have great motives, he's like Kuja with better outfit.

Luara
11-25-2006, 02:19 PM
Sephiroth hadnt any personality so, im on him ... kidding, but its my favourite though :tongue:

Nasarian Altimeros
11-25-2006, 02:25 PM
Seymour Guardo is by far the most successful villain to come out of the series. Kuja and Kefka were pretty neat too though.

Larahl
11-25-2006, 02:26 PM
Kuja.
Because he's too cool to wear men's clothes.

Omega_Weapon
11-25-2006, 07:31 PM
uhhh....SEPHIROTH...Duh

Kuroshima
11-25-2006, 07:33 PM
Death.

Cezanzo
11-28-2006, 08:59 PM
ok, why is this not
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
?????:confused:
Sephiroth is WAY the coolest villian ever. although Kuja was pretty sweet to.

BarelySeeAtAll
11-28-2006, 09:01 PM
ok, why is this not
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
?????:confused:
Sephiroth is WAY the coolest villian ever. although Kuja was pretty sweet to.

i agree!!!!
not about kuja, ewweysssss
yeh, Sephi all the way!!!:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Bunny
11-28-2006, 09:09 PM
Kefka, hands down.

A villian who doubles as comedic relief? Yes please.

Martyr
11-28-2006, 10:06 PM
Exdeath definitely does it for me. Not really for any good reason, but:

He reminds me of garland from FF1, but his story is slightly better or more advanced (Or more the same?!)

He's determined to get what he wants, he succeeds with blunt forwardness in his actions, and he is the only villain who actually aknowledges his horrible horrible mistake in driving so evilly for power when the Void overcomes him. He's the only villain I've ever felt at all sorry for, because he thought that he was right, but it was actually the corrupting force of the wrld that was controlling and corrupting and ultimately destroying him.

Tragic.

Yet not too tragic because he was a punk to the Warriors of the Dawn in the past, and deserved to die rather than be locked in a prison that was one day bound to fall apart and let him loose.

Rocket Edge
11-29-2006, 01:06 AM
Ultimecia. Sephy a close second.

RiseToFall
11-29-2006, 01:19 AM
I'm going to be all predictable and fan boyish and say Sephiroth. Plus he rocks out to sweet tunes.

Vermachtnis
11-29-2006, 01:25 AM
Run, run or you will be well done!

PuPu
11-29-2006, 03:00 AM
Kefka is probably the only villain in FF to ever achieve their goals (he became a god) and the party couldn't stop him. (Though they did defeat him in the end from destroying the world.) Quite possibly the #1 villain of FF.

If Kefka isn't the best then it's most likely Kuja. Kuja had also accomplished his goal of killing Garland and achieving Trance. He had many qualities like Kefka that make him a great villain as well.

I expected Sephy to have a lot of popularity. He is a great villain, but the fact that he looks cool and totally beats Kefka the clown and Kuja the cross-dresser by looks is probably what many people like him for, not his villainy.

But I seriously never thought Ultimecia would actually do this well. After all, you never even got to see her directly until the end of the game.

Honestly, me and Boco both think Ultimecia just plain sucks in almost every way. :rolleyes2

But hey, that's just us.

The Crystal
11-29-2006, 05:41 AM
Kefka is probably the only villain in FF to ever achieve their goals (he became a god) and the party couldn't stop him. (Though they did defeat him in the end from destroying the world.) Quite possibly the #1 villain of FF.

If Kefka isn't the best then it's most likely Kuja. Kuja had also accomplished his goal of killing Garland and achieving Trance. He had many qualities like Kefka that make him a great villain as well.

I expected Sephy to have a lot of popularity. He is a great villain, but the fact that he looks cool and totally beats Kefka the clown and Kuja the cross-dresser by looks is probably what many people like him for, not his villainy.

But I seriously never thought Ultimecia would actually do this well. After all, you never even got to see her directly until the end of the game.

Honestly, me and Boco both think Ultimecia just plain sucks in almost every way. :rolleyes2

But hey, that's just us.

First, the most successful villain in FF is not Kefka, is Delita.
Second, you "see" Ultimecia some times before the end. In the first half of the game, every time that you see Edea, you are in truth, seeing Ultimecia. In the 3rd disc you can see her, when Squall's mind go back in time(she even look at him and said "You don't belong to this time. Get out!"). And she is very manipulative too.

The Man
11-29-2006, 05:57 AM
Kefka, hands down. He actually succeeds at his goal of blighting the face of the planet and becoming a god. None of the other villains come even close. Plus, he doubles as comic relief. What's not to love?

That said, insert the obligatory disclaimer that I haven't played FFI-III, FFT, FFVIII, or FFXII.

I'd also consider the primary antagonists of FFVII to be Jenova and Hojo, not Sephiroth. Yes, I know what the Ultimania guide says, but honestly, smurf all this moneygrubbing sequel crap Square is releasing these days :monster:

PuPu
11-29-2006, 03:06 PM
Kefka is probably the only villain in FF to ever achieve their goals (he became a god) and the party couldn\\\'t stop him. (Though they did defeat him in the end from destroying the world.) Quite possibly the #1 villain of FF.

If Kefka isn\\\'t the best then it\'s most likely Kuja. Kuja had also accomplished his goal of killing Garland and achieving Trance. He had many qualities like Kefka that make him a great villain as well.

Honestly, me and Boco both think Ultimecia just plain sucks in almost every way. http://forums.eyesonff.com:80/

But hey, that\\\'s just us.

First, the most successful villain in FF is not Kefka, is Delita.
Second, you \\\"see\\\" Ultimecia some times before the end. In the first half of the game, every time that you see Edea, you are in truth, seeing Ultimecia. In the 3rd disc you can see her, when Squall\\\'s mind go back in time(she even look at him and said \\\"You don\\\'t belong to this time. Get out!\\\"). And she is very manipulative too.

Let me rephrase that then. Kekfa is probably the most accomplished MAIN villain. Delita isn\\\'t even up there in the poll though and isn\\\'t a main FF villain. I actually don\'t know who Delita is, and I\\\'m guessing he/she is from FFIII, FFXI, or FFXII, since I have not completed those games yet. And I never said Ultimecia wasn\\t good in any way. She did have the power of time compression and the ability to possess sorceresses.

Twilight Edge
11-29-2006, 03:15 PM
I go with Kuja.

Too bad, I wanted to vote Kefka purely for his evil laugh, but I haven't got the hang of the game's story.

Bunny
11-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Delita is a character from Final Fantasy Tactics. I have not completed the game, but I would exactly label Delita as a villian.

From what I have read about his character and the story of Final Fantasy Tactics, Delita only used people as a means to an end for peace. Didn't he think that the only way it would all end is if he became king?

The Man
11-30-2006, 01:42 AM
yeah, the fact that Delita was listed as a villain is a pretty big spoiler, really, but from what I understand, the mods here don't give a smurf :monster:

Kawaii Ryûkishi
11-30-2006, 01:50 AM
"Spoilers" for games that have been out for three years or longer are fair game.

And yeah, Delita isn't exactly a villain anyway.

The Man
11-30-2006, 02:03 AM
despite the fact that some people might not have had access to a game console for longer than three years. *cough*

also, lol at the fact that somebody edited
Peace
The Man into my previous post, and in fact to all of my posts in this thread

black orb
12-01-2006, 06:10 AM
>>> FF1 Garland..

Joshcfl08
12-02-2006, 04:41 AM
Edea for sure...

NeoCracker
12-02-2006, 11:38 AM
It was close, but Kuja won out over Kefka.

They are both far superior to Sephiroth in the Following Catagories

1) Motives
A) Sephiroth: He was manipulated by Jenova any way, but for you people who believe he wasn't lets just pretend that it was all him anyway. He wanted to use the planet as a form of space travel to devour other world for no reason other than he was an ass.

B) Kefka: Quite possibley the most evil and insane person ever in a video game. He is a man who one day snapped due to the empires Magiteck experiments. He worked his way up the empire to obtain the powers of teh Magic Gods themselves so that he could inevetably end existance, which with the rational of his highly untable mind determined was pointless, and to end the suffering was a noble aspiration he wished ot achieve, or something to that effect.

C) Kuja: He seeked to no longre be Garlands lap dog. He wanted to prove himself greater than his the one sent down instead of him. Seekign to become stronger than Garland, he manipulated the entirety of the planet, gaining the power of the eidions, all the while discovering something even Greater, Trance. With this power he eradicated his creator and his world. In the end he even tries to destroy everything when faced with his own mortality.

2) PErsonality
a) Sephiroth: He has no personality. He doesn't manipulate, he doesn't do anything behind the scenes, and he likes making cloud feel sad, basicly he's a school bully he gets his kicks picking on people. This leads me to believe one thing, people who like sephiroth probably got off whenever the school bully gave them a wedgie.

b) Kefka: Crazy to the bone. He has an ego inflated like no other, and expects all of his unruly demands to be met. Quite twisted and coniving as well.

c) Kuja: Twisted, Egotistical, Caniving. He is probably the most intelegent of all the FF Villians, as no one has ever worked behind the seens as well as him. He had manipulated an entire planet for christ sakes. Also, the thing I like is the very human trait they gave him, the fear of death mixed with extreme power.

3) Style
A)Sephiroth: I can't say anything bad as he does look cool with his hair and sword, but nothing unique or Original.

B) Kefka: This is the only person who could pull off a Crazy Clown look and still be the MAin Villian. And no one will ever pull it off quite so well.

C) He does not look Gay or like a Girl. Very Feminine yes, but by not a girl. His outfit rocks, or at least what little of one he has. Also his Trance form is by far superior to Sephiroth. He truly looks like a villian.

Dell
12-02-2006, 11:47 AM
C) He does not look Gay or like a Girl. Very Feminine yes, but by not a girl. His outfit rocks, or at least what little of one he has. Also his Trance form is by far superior to Sephiroth. He truly looks like a villian.

He look like a monkey in his trance form and is a transvestite in his normal form.

Elpizo
12-02-2006, 12:12 PM

He look like a monkey in his trance form and is a transvestite in his normal form. I say this because I do not like him and want to insult him.
Fixed? Weak insult, come up with something better when you are going to complain about Kuja.

Dell
12-02-2006, 01:01 PM

He look like a monkey in his trance form and is a transvestite in his normal form. I say this because I do not like him and want to insult him.
Fixed? Weak insult, come up with something better when you are going to complain about Kuja.

Read corncracker's post back, the one I quoted is Kuja's style, meaning his appearance. He do look like a transvestite in his normal form (Just like what corncracker said, very feminine). And more of a monkey in his trance form, smart monkey. Kuja is my third favourite villain (After Kefka and Vayne) and I do not hate him.

Elpizo
12-02-2006, 03:31 PM

Read corncracker's post back, the one I quoted is Kuja's style, meaning his appearance. He do look like a transvestite in his normal form (Just like what corncracker said, very feminine). And more of a monkey in his trance form, smart monkey. Kuja is my third favourite villain (After Kefka and Vayne) and I do not hate him.
I wouldn't call a bit more feminine a transvestite. He doesn't go all girly...
But okay, no harm done, accept my apologies. :)

manashima
12-02-2006, 09:20 PM
The villian that deserves to win these last 10 or so villian polls over the years always gets second(Kuja) and a (dare I say Fanboy lovers, even though FFVI is my favorite)overatted villian always gets first(Kefka);)

DarkLadyNyara
12-02-2006, 09:46 PM
Meh. That's preferable to Sephiroth getting first.

Dell
12-03-2006, 07:47 AM

I wouldn't call a bit more feminine a transvestite. He doesn't go all girly...
But okay, no harm done, accept my apologies. :)

Okay. :)

But his clothing (And his style of walking).....XD.

Forsaken Lover
12-05-2006, 02:42 AM
His clothing is not a girl's. His upper-piece of clothing over his chest is armor. He has long sleeves like mages do. His lower piece-of-clothing over his waist is to hide his tail. The thong is the only possibly "female" form of clothing even though thongs were around long before they became erotic dresspieces.

What's so monkeyish about him in Trance? He's all red....didn't know monkeys had long red hair. Or floated.

Palindrome88
12-05-2006, 03:29 AM
Delita isn't up there, and I don't know if you can really count him as a villain, but I loved him dearly. Of the ones up there, definately Vayne. You don't have to burn down villages or blow up planets to be cool in my book. Also, he's a very good speaker, and I'm really partial to good speakers. And he actually had a goal that wasn't totally selfish or crazy. :love:

The Unknown Guru
12-13-2006, 03:35 AM
Kefka. He eventually goes totally insane, and that is (strangely) rather unique among FF villains.

Yuffie514
12-13-2006, 06:34 AM
Ultimecia/Griever. i don't really know why, but i think make a cool pair. they are too easy though.

Ichimonji
12-14-2006, 05:22 AM
The FFVI and FFVII fanboys are my favourite villian. They're the most evil and annoying villian of all.

Darth Anarcus
12-14-2006, 03:12 PM
I voted for Ultimecia. And I don't appreciate the "pfft yeah right" next to it.;)

Bunny
12-14-2006, 03:29 PM
The FFVI and FFVII fanboys are my favourite villian. They're the most evil and annoying villian of all.

Final Fantasy VI doesn't have fanboys. They have intelligent people who know the difference between a bad villian and a good villian.

;D

Why that doesn't sound fanboyish at all! No sirree!

'Gilgamesh'
12-16-2006, 01:43 AM
Kuja
1. Poetic style of speech
2. Manipulative
3. Intelligent
4. Strong
5. Rised past his maker
6. Trance form looked awesome

Holy Lancer
01-04-2007, 04:03 AM
Seymour because he is so insane and creepy. I like X-Death and Kuja alot.

forgotten_fantasy
01-05-2007, 09:58 PM
Die sephiroth you stupid grey haired, strange faced, superman impersonator

Erin
01-11-2007, 05:03 AM
FFX Seymour.

Kanshisha
01-11-2007, 06:03 AM
Hmm sephiroth...Man when you vs him you have to beat him 3 times!

chrisfffan
02-09-2007, 08:23 PM
my best bad guy poll has selected the best from the series theirs only four you cant be serious about the other characters so vote on my thread.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=101356

Setzer Gabianni
02-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Erm, I don't think so. This is a more accurate poll, so people will feel the need to vote in this.

I vote Vayne.

jammi567
02-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Ultimcia, because she created the most complex plot that people are still talking about it today.

DarkLadyNyara
02-09-2007, 11:15 PM
my best bad guy poll has selected the best from the series theirs only four you cant be serious about the other characters so vote on my thread.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=101356

Kinda difficult when it's been closed. :D

Besides, this is not "best", it's "favorite". And both of those are subjective anyway. :p (I mean, really. Garland?)

Sidderz
02-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Have to say that my favourite is probablly Kuja. Although Kefka is really REALLY badass! :)

OneWingedAngelSephiroth91
02-11-2007, 07:24 PM

But hey, that's just us.

Honestly... your wrong about why everone likes Sephiroth. I personally like him for his AWSOME weapon, AWSOME looks, and AWSOME additude... plus his superhuman ablilities such as coming back after a year or two... control the will of Jenova (who wouldn't want that?)... and his masterful plan...

Ultimcia, because she created the most complex plot that people are still talking about it today.

Not really... alot of people are talking about Sephiroth more...plus (I love this) He's in more than one game...fuwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

There I DEFINANTLY agree with you. Yeah, the first form is easy but acording to a rumor I heard, Safer Saphiroth gets EXTREMLY powerful for every level 99 or so characters. I'd like to see any other badies get more powerful depending on level like that...

Goldenboko
02-11-2007, 07:29 PM

But hey, that's just us.

Honestly... your wrong about why everone likes Sephiroth. I personally like him for his AWSOME weapon, AWSOME looks, and AWSOME additude... plus his superhuman ablilities such as coming back after a year or two... control the will of Jenova (who wouldn't want that?)... and his masterful plan...
Exactly, people like him because of his looks, and weapon... not because of any true villianistic deeds. I have a friend who acts just like you, "I love Seph! Seph is awesome!" Guess what? He hasn't even played FFVII he just knows what Sephiroth looks like and what his blade is like. PuPu is right in every way, most people like Sephiroth for his looks and his blade.

Not really... alot of people are talking about Sephiroth more...plus (I love this) He's in more than one game...fuwahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Actually, no. The R=U theory is one of the most argued and flamed debates there is in FF history, I've been involved in about three debates in eyesonff about that in the past 3 months. And what does more then 1 production have anything to do with a complex plot?

There I DEFINANTLY agree with you. Yeah, the first form is easy but acording to a rumor I heard, Safer Saphiroth gets EXTREMLY powerful for every level 99 or so characters. I'd like to see any other badies get more powerful depending on level like that...
Multi-fighting ending bosses isn't rare you fight Vayne three times as well

02-11-2007, 07:41 PM

1) Motives
A) Sephiroth: He was manipulated by Jenova any way, but for you people who believe he wasn't lets just pretend that it was all him anyway. He wanted to use the planet as a form of space travel to devour other world for no reason other than he was an ass.

B) Kefka: Quite possibley the most evil and insane person ever in a video game. He is a man who one day snapped due to the empires Magiteck experiments. He worked his way up the empire to obtain the powers of teh Magic Gods themselves so that he could inevetably end existance, which with the rational of his highly untable mind determined was pointless, and to end the suffering was a noble aspiration he wished ot achieve, or something to that effect.

C) Kuja: He seeked to no longre be Garlands lap dog. He wanted to prove himself greater than his the one sent down instead of him. Seekign to become stronger than Garland, he manipulated the entirety of the planet, gaining the power of the eidions, all the while discovering something even Greater, Trance. With this power he eradicated his creator and his world. In the end he even tries to destroy everything when faced with his own mortality.

2) PErsonality
a) Sephiroth: He has no personality. He doesn't manipulate, he doesn't do anything behind the scenes, and he likes making cloud feel sad, basicly he's a school bully he gets his kicks picking on people. This leads me to believe one thing, people who like sephiroth probably got off whenever the school bully gave them a wedgie.

b) Kefka: Crazy to the bone. He has an ego inflated like no other, and expects all of his unruly demands to be met. Quite twisted and coniving as well.

c) Kuja: Twisted, Egotistical, Caniving. He is probably the most intelegent of all the FF Villians, as no one has ever worked behind the seens as well as him. He had manipulated an entire planet for christ sakes. Also, the thing I like is the very human trait they gave him, the fear of death mixed with extreme power.

3) Style
A)Sephiroth: I can't say anything bad as he does look cool with his hair and sword, but nothing unique or Original.

B) Kefka: This is the only person who could pull off a Crazy Clown look and still be the MAin Villian. And no one will ever pull it off quite so well.

What are you talking about Sephiroth... you apparently havn't watched the game (what they say) or the movie. I truly like Sephiroth because he's insane and he got reasons...but not yo other evil-lians, noooo, nope never have I heard that any villian had a reason to be evil other that Sephiroth... and besides, I'd like to hear you say that the only Final Fantasy villian you can kick @$$ on Kingdom Hearts is the one, the only, Sephiroth... one more thing Sephiroth even has an actual song with words all about him during the battle against him... Kuja was just a trans if you ask me.. and yes he does look like a girl (especially in trance... that hair waving like he's underwater) plus his clothes are way too girly..I'd like to see them on my girlfriend instead.

Leeza
02-11-2007, 07:44 PM
OneWingedAngelSephiroth91, please do not post more than once in a row. There is an edit/delete button in every post which is to be used if you wish to add more to your post. Also, please read the Rules/FAQ (http://forums.eyesonff.com/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_vb_board_usage). Thank you.

02-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Kefka, hands down. He actually succeeds at his goal of blighting the face of the planet and becoming a god. None of the other villains come even close. Plus, he doubles as comic relief. What's not to love?

That said, insert the obligatory disclaimer that I haven't played FFI-III, FFT, FFVIII, or FFXII.

I'd also consider the primary antagonists of FFVII to be Jenova and Hojo, not Sephiroth. Yes, I know what the Ultimania guide says, but honestly, smurf all this moneygrubbing sequel crap Square is releasing these days :monster:

I'd like you to prove that Jenova or that freak Hojo was the bad guy...'cause the last time I played the game, Sephiroth had complete control of Jenova and Hojo foolish enough to put Jenova cells in himself. Thus causing the battle between Hojo versus your party.

Goldenboko
02-11-2007, 07:52 PM

1) Motives

2) PErsonality

3) Style

What are you talking about Sephiroth... you apparently havn't watched the game (what they say) or the movie. I truly like Sephiroth because he's insane and he got reasons...but not yo other evil-lians, noooo, nope never have I heard that any villian had a reason to be evil other that Sephiroth... and besides, I'd like to hear you say that the only Final Fantasy villian you can kick @$$ on Kingdom Hearts is the one, the only, Sephiroth... one more thing Sephiroth even has an actual song with words all about him during the battle against him... Kuja was just a trans if you ask me.. and yes he does look like a girl (especially in trance... that hair waving like he's underwater) plus his clothes are way too girly..I'd like to see them on my girlfriend instead.
*Hears insulting of Kuja*
Let me start by saying Kuja's clothes and looks describe his character, he manipulates others to get his way, much like how a beautiful woman will manipulate mento buy her gifts....

Moving on.
You talk alot about Sephiroth, but you never give anything except for opinions, "Sephiroth had the best motives out of any FF Villian," alright, well maybe you can tell us what those motives are. But you don't one reason you don't is because you probably fear your posts being refutited. Kuja had great motives, he was tired of being controlled, he wanted freedom a simple irresitable human feeling, then once he gets it he wants more, which is something you can see happen over and over in human history. Beleivable, and realistic.
Sephiroth finds out a dark secret about himself, which drives him over the edge into insanity, but after that there is very little talk of his motives, it becomes "I want this! I want that!" but nothing else. Also please tell me how him being in KH1 and KH2 makes his motives superior to Kefka and Kuja's? Oh thats right, it doesn't it just proves he's liked by many people.

chrisfffan
02-11-2007, 11:33 PM
how can Ultimecia be on here? you only fight her at the end and she isnt much of a adversary in the game.

Goldenboko
02-11-2007, 11:39 PM
how can Ultimecia be on here? you only fight her at the end and she isnt much of a adversary in the game.

Because she is the main Antagonst of FFVIII, duh.

chrisfffan
02-11-2007, 11:43 PM
she is but in terms of looks and personality Edea is the much better villain.

Goldenboko
02-11-2007, 11:48 PM

....You realize that Ultimecia is just a slightly edited verison of Edea's character. As for personality, Edea was on the good side, so actually she isn't a good candidiate for a villian.

Northcrest
02-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Here is the order of my favorites

Sephiroth
Kuja
Chaos
Vayne
X-Death
Sin
Kefka
Xeden (Dark Cloud)
Zeromus
Ultimecia

jammi567
02-12-2007, 12:25 AM
Sephiroth finds out a dark secret about himself, which drives him over the edge into insanity, but after that there is very little talk of his motives, it becomes "I want this! I want that!" but nothing else.
yep. also, that's a crap reason to go insane about "People nearly wipped out my ansestors 2000 years ago. i'm going to get myrevenge now."

NeoCracker
02-12-2007, 01:16 AM
You people who keep posting Vayne as a villian make me sad, as thats a major spoiler. Even if's been spoiled to the point it doesn't matter anymore.

And Boco pretty much covered my response.

02-12-2007, 02:20 AM

1) Motives

2) PErsonality

3) Style

Let me start by saying Kuja's clothes and looks describe his character, he manipulates others to get his way, much like how a beautiful woman will manipulate mento buy her gifts....

Moving on.
You talk alot about Sephiroth, but you never give anything except for opinions, "Sephiroth had the best motives out of any FF Villian," alright, well maybe you can tell us what those motives are. But you don't one reason you don't is because you probably fear your posts being refutited. Kuja had great motives, he was tired of being controlled, he wanted freedom a simple irresitable human feeling, then once he gets it he wants more, which is something you can see happen over and over in human history. Beleivable, and realistic.
Sephiroth finds out a dark secret about himself, which drives him over the edge into insanity, but after that there is very little talk of his motives, it becomes "I want this! I want that!" but nothing else. Also please tell me how him being in KH1 and KH2 makes his motives superior to Kefka and Kuja's? Oh thats right, it doesn't it just proves he's liked by many people.

Apparantly, Kuja wasn't controlled when he enters the game...he was at his own will...

But hey, that's just us.

Exactly, people like him because of his looks, and weapon... not because of any true villianistic deeds. I have a friend who acts just like you, "I love Seph! Seph is awesome!" Guess what? He hasn't even played FFVII he just knows what Sephiroth looks like and what his blade is like. PuPu is right in every way, most people like Sephiroth for his looks and his blade.

Actually, no. The R=U theory is one of the most argued and flamed debates there is in FF history, I've been involved in about three debates in eyesonff about that in the past 3 months. And what does more then 1 production have anything to do with a complex plot?

I was acctually happy about his villianous deed when he did the following: Killed president Shina
Some what Aerith because he got rid of a character that draggs but also gives you a motive to TRY to kill him.

Goldenboko
02-12-2007, 02:25 AM

1) Motives

2) PErsonality

3) Style

Moving on.

Apparantly, Kuja wasn't controlled when he enters the game...he was at his own will...

Well in a way he was, he was doing everything Garland wanted him to, start wars, kill thousands so Terra may assimilate. When Garland decided he was getting out of hand (in the Alexandria scene) he cuts him off from the invincible I'm not talking about brain control where the controlled has no freedom at all, more like manipulation, when you think your doing something because you want to but in reality your doing exactly what someone wants you to.

The Crystal
02-12-2007, 02:26 AM

Why people don't pay atention to the story of FFVIII?! Edea was never a villain. And we see Edea's personality only in the begin of disc 3. But we can see Ultimecia's personality during all the time that she was possessing Edea's body(NOT mind controlling her). Her personality is much better than Edea, and Ultimecia was present during all the game.

02-12-2007, 02:32 AM

1) Motives

2) PErsonality

3) Style

Moving on.

You want to hear motives? Fine here is motive: Cloud tried to kill Sephiroth for doing what he did to his home town...Yeah, even though Cloud had his motive so did Sephiroth to rid the planet from the 'traitors'. When he learned that Shinra was trying to get the the 'Promised Land' he had motive to kill them to stop the human race from further manipulation of more than one place. If that doesn't sound motive enough..then how about when the 1 year later he finds out Meteor didn't do the job he wanted it to do and the planet used the lifestream helped Holy so he must have been enragged, so he had to find another way to rule... Geostigma.

I also don't hear any other villian returning from the dead or creating some...virus.

Goldenboko
02-12-2007, 02:36 AM
There was absolutely no motive in that entire statement except he wanted to get rid of the "tratiors of the planet". Why huh? Why does he feel that he gets to establish tratiors of the plant from helpers of the planet? Because finding about his past makes him go insane? Theres a very poorly designed motive, thats like me killing my father and mother because I find out I'm a clone of someone else.

02-12-2007, 02:42 AM
Sephiroth finds out a dark secret about himself, which drives him over the edge into insanity, but after that there is very little talk of his motives, it becomes "I want this! I want that!" but nothing else.
yep. also, that's a crap reason to go insane about "People nearly wipped out my ansestors 2000 years ago. i'm going to get myrevenge now."

He never said I want this or that.

There was absolutely no motive in that entire statement except he wanted to get rid of the "tratiors of the planet". Why huh? Why does he feel that he gets to establish tratiors of the plant from helpers of the planet? Because finding about his past makes him go insane? Theres a very poorly designed motive, thats like me killing my father and mother because I find out I'm a clone of someone else.

Good enough for me...I probably do the same... or go find my true self and punish those who did that

Another double post.

Goldenboko
02-12-2007, 02:47 AM

He never said I want this or that.

This and that are commonly used to refer to things that is common knowledge.
After you find out he goes insane the only motives he gets are....
"I want to be a god"
"I want to use the planet as my vessel as my mother did"

After the one scene hinting a motive all he can do is shout out what he wants like a 4-year old child.

Good enough for me...I probably do the same... or go find my true self and punish those who did that
No, not good enough, a tramatizing experince like that may lead to mental illness, but not delussions as Sephiroth gets. Nor does it explain anything else, if Sephiroth was to be completely insane it as you claim is his motive how can he control Jenova as you claim? Then it would seem Jenova was controlling him. Plus why does any of this have to be such a horrible thing? "Ah! I'm not human! Lemme just go kill everything!"

02-12-2007, 02:50 AM

But hey, that's just us.

We were talking about how you fight the SAME character more than once in a row

Die sephiroth you stupid grey haired, strange faced, superman impersonator

can't and will never will

And another double post. ~ Leeza

Goldenboko
02-12-2007, 02:57 AM

But hey, that's just us.

We were talking about how you fight the SAME character more than once in a row

Yes, and in FFXII you fight Vayne, then you fight Vayne using then Nethicite, then you fight Vayne infused with Vaat(I think thats how you spell that name). Same character three times in a row.

Leeza
02-12-2007, 04:44 AM
OneWingedAngelSephiroth91, you have been asked numerous times today to please not double post, yet you still do it. STOP! If you wish to add to your post, use the edit/delete button that is located in every post just for this purpose.

If you wish to quote more than one person in order to reply to them, use the xquote button which will put all of the quotes into your Reply box at one time, but DO NOT DOUBLE POST.

chrisfffan
02-12-2007, 09:35 PM

....You realize that Ultimecia is just a slightly edited verison of Edea's character. As for personality, Edea was on the good side, so actually she isn't a good candidiate for a villian.

i meant before you find out about Ultimecia she was a pretty cool villain the way she looked the way she talked i think it would of been much better if she was the villain all the way through.

you all know who i voted for and the reasons are

1. He was not all bad to begin with he was a great man then he discovers something terrible and goes mad!

2. (The death of the flower girl) it made such a impact on the game.

3. (The town in flames) when you see him in the flames i think that’s one of the best final fantasy clips ever its like he has turned to the dark side.

Goldenboko
02-12-2007, 09:41 PM

i meant before you find out about Ultimecia she was a pretty cool villain the way she looked the way she talked i think it would of been much better if she was the villain all the way through.

Once, again her "looks" where incredibly similar to Ulti's.

chrisfffan
02-12-2007, 09:45 PM
i think they were better she looked like a older duller Edea to me and as you can see in that picture before her character is a lot better then Ultimecia thats why she is in the picture with the other bad guys.

Goldenboko
02-12-2007, 09:48 PM
i think they were better she looked like a older duller Edea to me and as you can see in that picture before her character is a lot better then Ultimecia thats why she is in the picture with the other bad guys.

....what? I'm having trouble deciphering that.

PuPu
02-12-2007, 10:06 PM
ChrisFFfan, let me put it to you in the simplest way possible.

Edea=Not the villain of FFVIII. Ultimecia controlled Edea's body.
Ultimecia=The villain of FFVIII and a horrible one at that.

And One Winged Angel Sephiroth:

You honestly have very weak support on why Sephiroth is great. Burns down Nibelheim, kills Aeris and President Shinra, manipulates Cloud, and summons Meteor so he can become a god. Nobody who played FFVII before wouldn't already know these things.

Being in more than one game....you must be kidding me. That is completely irrelevant to how great a villain he is. I think he is in FFVII Before Crisis and Crisis Core, though we can't judge those, since we don't know what he is like in those yet. In Kingdom Hearts I, he was just an extra boss to fight, and in Kingdom Hearts II, he was just Cloud's enemy; and they have a fight scene and that's the end of that. Finally, he's also a secret character in a game called Ehrgeiz, which is some fighting game somewhat like Tekken I've heard. These games really only show how overrated he is and has too many fanboys/fangirls who like him for no good reason. Some of them are like you, actually.

"You have to beat him more than once"

I'm guessing you are supposed to show his power by giving this as an example. Well, first of all, using battle mechanics to determine a person's power is totally inaccurate. And if Sephy could really destroy the Solar System, he would already be a god, and wouldn't need Meteor to do his work for him.

There are people on this forum who give much better support for Sephiroth than you. While I may not agree with them sometimes, at least they know how to back up what they say.

chrisfffan
02-12-2007, 10:27 PM
my reasons are enough and plenty of people agree with me that Sephiroth is the best! as for Ultimecia you only get to see her at the end of the game so its not the same as Sephiroth or Kuja for example.

Goldenboko
02-12-2007, 10:47 PM
my reasons are enough and plenty of people agree with me that Sephiroth is the best! as for Ultimecia you only get to see her at the end of the game so its not the same as Sephiroth or Kuja for example.

That post was actually directed toward OneWingedWhat'shisface, although I guess it could easily been changed to be directed toward you.

Yes we know you only see Ulti at the end of the game but that doesn't change the fact she is the main villian.

The Crystal
02-13-2007, 12:20 AM
Okay, to anyone that don't understand, i will explain this in the more clear way possible.

During the first half of the game, we can compare Edea with a clothe that Ultimecia was using. Ultimecia's mind/soul was litteraly inside Edea's body controlling it, and the body was just a shell. Ultimecia was using Edea's body to fight, move, talk, etc. and the true Edea(her consciousnes) was probably just "sleeping" during that time.
Ultimecia said the speech in Galbadia, Ultimecia threw a giant ice spear against Squall, Ultimecia fought against your party in the garden, etc.

During the first half of the game, Edea IS Ultimecia. That means that, when you say "i liked Edea's personality", you are saying "i liked Ultimecia's personality" because during that time they are the SAME PERSON. Is almost like if Ultimecia shapeshifted her body in Edea's image.

Ultimecia was present in the story in the begining to the end, and Edea was never a villain, because Ultimecia only used her body(shell/clothe).

Now, you guys understanded?

Goldenboko
02-13-2007, 12:52 AM
I understand but I'm a very literal person and you don't actually see Ulti till the end of the game. Also most of her lines when she is in Edea's body are pointless like, "All SeeDs will die!"

The Crystal
02-13-2007, 01:17 AM
I understand but I'm a very literal person and you don't actually see Ulti till the end of the game.

You see her before the end of the game. When Ulti possesed Rinoa's body. But you only see her when Squall go back to the past(in space). Read what i said in "The Story" thread in FFVIII forum for more details of what i'm talking about.

EDIT: Screw what i said about FFVIII forum, this is the quote:

But you remember what happened in space, when Squall's mind go to the past? He saw Edea's body collapsed in the ground, and then he saw Ultimecia's soul/mind(in the form of the first form that you fight in the final battle(her true body), but transparent). She looked at him and said something like "You don't belong to this time. Get out!" AND after this, her soul/mind litteraly entered Rinoa's body, possesing it. This is a prove that Ulti was litteraly inside of Edea. But unfortunately, this is the scene that most people forget, and because of Zemus and Golbez's relation in FFIV(simple mind controll), people think that Ultimecia and Edea's relation is the same.

Also most of her lines when she is in Edea's body are pointless like, "All SeeDs will die!"

This is not totally true. She have good lines, like her speech in Galbadia for example. The same speech that she said that she destroyed many nations in the past.
Now, talking with anyone that think that "evil Edea" and Ultimecia are not the same person: When Edea destroyed many nations? When she was the matron of the orphanage? Hard to belive. And if this is true, why no one in the begin of the game talked about "the evil Edea that destroyed nations of the world"? Maybe because that never happened. Maybe because that would happen only in the future, and people, obviously, didn't know about that. But how Edea would know about that, and why she said that she did that? Maybe because who was talking was NOT Edea, but someone else? Ultimecia "maybe"?!

Goldenboko
02-13-2007, 01:36 AM
I understand but I'm a very literal person and you don't actually see Ulti till the end of the game.

You see her before the end of the game. When Ulti possesed Rinoa's body. But you only see her when Squall go back to the past(in space). Read what i said in "The Story" thread in FFVIII forum for more details of what i'm talking about.

But you remember what happened in space, when Squall's mind go to the past? He saw Edea's body collapsed in the ground, and then he saw Ultimecia's soul/mind(in the form of the first form that you fight in the final battle(her true body), but transparent). She looked at him and said something like "You don't belong to this time. Get out!" AND after this, her soul/mind litteraly entered Rinoa's body, possesing it. This is a prove that Ulti was litteraly inside of Edea. But unfortunately, this is the scene that most people forget, and because of Zemus and Golbez's relation in FFIV(simple mind controll), people think that Ultimecia and Edea's relation is the same.

Also most of her lines when she is in Edea's body are pointless like, "All SeeDs will die!"

This is not totally true. She have good lines, like her speech in Galbadia for example. The same speech that she said that she destroyed many nations in the past.
Now, talking with anyone that think that "evil Edea" and Ultimecia are not the same person: When Edea destroyed many nations? When she was the matron of the orphanage? Hard to belive. And if this is true, why no one in the begin of the game talked about "the evil Edea that destroyed nations of the world"? Maybe because that never happened. Maybe because that would happen only in the future, and people, obviously, didn't know about that. But how Edea would know about that, and why she said that she did that? Maybe because who was talking was NOT Edea, but someone else? Ultimecia "maybe"?!

I said, MOST. I actually did remember that, but everything else she said wasn't memoriable enough, and none of it provided backstory.

The Crystal
02-13-2007, 06:10 AM

I said, MOST. I actually did remember that, but everything else she said wasn't memoriable enough, and none of it provided backstory.

But this scene prove that Ulti was not mind controlling her, and was litteraly inside of her body. This is what i'm talking about, and i hope that people like chrisfffan read this, and understand.
Ultimecia is a good villain, but because people didn't understand the story of the game, she have to compete against herself("evil Edea") for the tittle of "best FFVIII villain", and this is completely ridiculous.

chrisfffan
02-13-2007, 05:57 PM
sorry to use so many star wars terms but maybe she’s a lot like the evil emperor in the background illusive? that can make her a very good villain.

02-15-2007, 02:44 AM
ChrisFFfan, let me put it to you in the simplest way possible.

Edea=Not the villain of FFVIII. Ultimecia controlled Edea's body.
Ultimecia=The villain of FFVIII and a horrible one at that.

And One Winged Angel Sephiroth:

You honestly have very weak support on why Sephiroth is great. Burns down Nibelheim, kills Aeris and President Shinra, manipulates Cloud, and summons Meteor so he can become a god. Nobody who played FFVII before wouldn't already know these things.

Being in more than one game....you must be kidding me. That is completely irrelevant to how great a villain he is. I think he is in FFVII Before Crisis and Crisis Core, though we can't judge those, since we don't know what he is like in those yet. In Kingdom Hearts I, he was just an extra boss to fight, and in Kingdom Hearts II, he was just Cloud's enemy; and they have a fight scene and that's the end of that. Finally, he's also a secret character in a game called Ehrgeiz, which is some fighting game somewhat like Tekken I've heard. These games really only show how overrated he is and has too many fanboys/fangirls who like him for no good reason. Some of them are like you, actually.

"You have to beat him more than once"

I'm guessing you are supposed to show his power by giving this as an example. Well, first of all, using battle mechanics to determine a person's power is totally inaccurate. And if Sephy could really destroy the Solar System, he would already be a god, and wouldn't need Meteor to do his work for him.

There are people on this forum who give much better support for Sephiroth than you. While I may not agree with them sometimes, at least they know how to back up what they say.

Well If he did destroy the solar system, he wouldn't become a 'god'...it would beat the purpose.

PuPu
02-15-2007, 09:46 PM
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying if he DID have the power to destroy the solar system, he wouldn't need to summon Meteor to acquire the power of Lifestream, which was what his goal was fin FF7. Why would he need the planet's power if he can destroy it?

cloud_doll
02-15-2007, 10:48 PM
I'd have to say Kuja. That thong is just too damn sexy.

Trance_Kuja
02-15-2007, 11:48 PM
Kuja is by far THE best final fantasy villain, and i am not being biased he just is. He has by far the greatest motives and character (Sephiroth has No character just a 'i am going to destroy the planet for mummy'). He ends up as a goody, if that goodness was in him all the time then he sure as hell fought it back through the whole series of events in ffix. His dialogue is like poetry, he pulls it off in an amazing way such as he is pretty much saying he is going to destroy the planet yet he is so subtle and calm about it. You genuinly feel for him when you learn of his past and his fate.

chrisfffan
02-18-2007, 07:55 PM
don’t you think its all too similar to 7 though? with Zidane and Kuja being made like Cloud and Sephiroth?

Goldenboko
02-19-2007, 04:56 AM
don’t you think its all too similar to 7 though? with Zidane and Kuja being made like Cloud and Sephiroth?

No, not at all. Cloud was human, very human. He was a human that was expirmented with. Same goes with Sephiroth.

Zidane and Kuja weren't human. They were never human, they Genomes made in a lab, how is never explained well.

With that said even if it was similar FFIX is a tribute to past FFs anyway (although Zidane and Kuja aren't like Cloud and Sephiroth).

Zora
03-03-2007, 07:02 AM
Shoot, my hand-eye cordination messed up big time.

I meant to click on Kefka, but I accidentally clicked on Sephiroth. My mistake. Anyways, it is Kefka (and if someone knows how I can change it please tell me)

Aerisfanatic
03-23-2007, 12:16 AM
i thought was sin the villian in ten or was he just a monster boss?

MikeL Valentine
03-23-2007, 02:34 PM
I can even call that question stupid (no affence) :D
Sephiroth, who else? :p

Nefarious_Virtue
03-23-2007, 02:52 PM
I think the tarutaru from final fantasy xi makes the best villians, nasty little creatures planning to conquer the world with their cuteness *shakes fist*

03-30-2007, 02:23 AM
i thought was sin the villian in ten or was he just a monster boss?

just a monster boss battle.