PDA

View Full Version : im new to final fantasy

davidh12
11-22-2006, 11:37 PM
alright well i got the first and second final fantasy, and i was wondering. Which final fantasy games run together. What i mean by that is like are final fantasy 1 and 2 based on the same story?? like which final fantasys run together??? Or do eny of them run together???

Evastio
11-22-2006, 11:53 PM
None of them run together.

I recommend trying FF1 first because you might think that all of the Final Fantasy Games have a levelling up system like FF2 if you play FF2 first.

Ashley Schovitz
11-23-2006, 12:14 AM
Only Final Fantasy X and X-2 have connected stories. You're lucky to start off the series laying the original majority of us didn't have that chance, and I still haven't played it yet.

Takara
11-23-2006, 03:27 AM
Only Final Fantasy X and X-2 have connected stories.

You kinda forgot FFVII and its ten or so spin-offs.

Plus, FFT, FFTA and FFXII are sorta linked together, too.

VeloZer0
11-23-2006, 04:03 AM
Unless you are a somewhat hardcore gamer playing FFI first might knock you off the series. It, like just about every other NES game, has a level of frustration/difficulty far higher than typical of the SNES and PS.

Laddy
11-23-2006, 04:04 AM
FFVII and FFX are rumored to be linked, but it's just some people's predictions. I'll give a plot for every FF>

FF1- Create a group and venture to relight the crystals, has a simple battle system and story, but has an enjoyable and charming world. 7/10

FF2- Play as some youth who venture out to overhtow a horrible empire, ha san interesting battle system, instead of leveling up, you gain bonuses to your stats by using the abilities more often. 8/10

FF3- Has a job system, also involves crystals, and some people who venture on an amazing journey, also includes an unique "support character" element. 8/10

FF4- Play as Cecil, who meets friends to try to svae the world from unfair rulers, has a good story, but ordinary style, in my opinion. 6/10

FF5- Reviving the job system, you play as Bartz. Bartz meets up with people to try to save the world (what else) with an overhauled job system. 6/10

FF6- The only FF with no true main character, you play as a group of people who must go out and save the world (again!) It has a gret storytelling style that focuses on everyone's opinions, rathe rthan only one character's. 9/10

FF7- With an amazing story, world, and "Materia" system, FF7 has made a milestone for the FF games, you're Cloud, a former SOLDFIER who must protect the universe from the man who he admidered, and must also fcae his true self. 10/10

FF8- With a great story and slick style, FF8 has a good Junction system, however, some characters are a little dull, to me. 7/10

FF9- The first Medievel FF since FF6, FF9 follows Zidane, a young thief who must grow up and try to find his place in the world. FF9 has a decnt battle syastem, but some of the greatest characters in FF history. 10/10

FF10- Tidus, a rising sports star who has lived with no faith, or no true responsibility, must save a different world from a truly destructive force, learn to love and take responsibility, and discover what truly matters. 9/10

FF11- The only online FF, FF11 is a game for people who likes to play games online, and can afford a whopping subsription fee. N/A/10

FF12- Vaan, a boy who dreams to fly in the sky, must protect and represent his country, while and entire world is starting to break. 9/10

There, a wrapped up the FF series for ya! :D

Enjolras
11-23-2006, 05:04 AM
I've heard that that FFXII and Vagrant Story are set on the same world, but different continents. Vagrant Stroy isn't a FF, but I'd be grateful if someone could confirm or deny this for me, as I love it as a game.

Orophin
12-13-2006, 12:19 AM
I've heard that that FFXII and Vagrant Story are set on the same world, but different continents. Vagrant Stroy isn't a FF, but I'd be grateful if someone could confirm or deny this for me, as I love it as a game.

Different continent? No. Different era? Yes. Some of the locations have the same names in Vagrant Story.

Wolf Kanno
12-13-2006, 09:10 AM
I didn't really notice any connections between FFXII and Vagrant Story (other than they take place in Ivalice, and even that is debatable) but Vagrant Story has a few items and thing's that connect it to the original FFT. FFT and FFTA have several locations that later show up in FFXII.

But I still feel that alot of this is just people reading too much into things. So I would just ignore it and think of them as seperate but similiar. None of the main FF games are connected. Though there are several in-jokes to each other scattered throughout the series.

Wild0ne
12-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Yeah don't forget FFT. 12/10 The best game ever created...If you buy this game and play if, you can kiss the rest of your life goodbye.:)

Wolf Kanno
12-14-2006, 08:22 AM
FFT is truly a great game, but play the main ones first. Half of FFT's charm was the mountain of in-jokes and references to the other games.;)

Mirage
12-14-2006, 08:36 AM
The only thing linking FFT, FFTA and FFXII together is the name of the world. Tons of other games take place on a planet named "Gaia" too, it's nothing special.