PDA

View Full Version : PMS - Prehistoric Monster Syndrome

Rye
11-22-2006, 11:38 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mCwKbUVyHLY

I haven't laughed so hard in quite a few days. Then I realised that I should be offended, because I'm a chick. Then I laughed some more. xD I am not easily offended anyways.

And I guess to throw a topic in... Topic: Are you easily offended by things that SHOULD offend you, like PMS jokes at women if you are a woman, etc?

Evastio
11-22-2006, 11:40 PM
If they make it funny enough, it only offends me a little bit.

DarkLadyNyara
11-22-2006, 11:41 PM
Very little offends me. I laugh at racist, sexist and homophobic jokes all the time, so long as they are A) funny, and B) not seriously intended.

Anaisa
11-22-2006, 11:43 PM
I'm not easily offended, I can find humour in most things. But PMS can never be funny. It's too evil to be.

edczxcvbnm
11-22-2006, 11:46 PM
That...was awesome. Now the only problem is destroying this vile syndrome :D

Luara
11-22-2006, 11:47 PM
sometimes I just have pms or something like that so I cant be offended , because its a reallity that we all have to suffer... well, the man of course :cool:

mooglebunni608
11-22-2006, 11:59 PM
I'm not offended by that video, because I know I'm just like that when I'm pmsing.

Actually, it's hard to offend me at all ^_^

Vikeve
11-23-2006, 01:02 AM
That made me laugh but I hardly ever get offended by anything. Just as long as their joking but when they really are sexist then there is nothing to laugh at.

But then again how could I be offended when I let all my anger out by ripping their heads off like that.:)

BardTard
11-23-2006, 01:03 AM
That was funny :lol: Nothing really offends me...

Sylvie
11-23-2006, 01:09 AM
I'm not offended easily unless someone directly calls me a name. Then I get angry and I take care of the problem.

NeoCracker
11-23-2006, 01:14 AM
Very entertaining

fantasyjunkie
11-23-2006, 01:30 AM
oh god, no. I have a great sense of humor. I'm white and I have had jokes about white people have me laughing so hard my stomach hurts. And when my wife, who is a Filipina talks about Americans I get a good laugh out of that too. I just worry about serious matters :D
Damn, I had to correct about 5 typos in this post :mad2: (is thinking about that typo post made a couple of days ago)

Shlup
11-23-2006, 01:52 AM
I was not amused. Not offended either, just didn't think it was very clever.

Also, it's very hard to offend me. Yes.

Shoeberto
11-23-2006, 01:53 AM
wahahahahahha

Mirage
11-23-2006, 02:27 AM
Amusing because it's true.

Craig
11-23-2006, 02:32 AM
The lesbian couple bit caught me off guard and I burst out laughing.

I'm not particularly hard to offend.

Quindiana Jones
11-23-2006, 02:48 PM
Damn I thought this was gonna be a place where you could write PMS jokes. :(
*cough* It's called PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken *cough* :bigsmile:

I'm offended by racist jokes, even though I'm white. I guess you could consider that weird, but racist disgust me and whenever I see them I want to rip out their tongues.

But nah, I'm not easily offended by jokes. Because they're jokes. The whole point is that their not serious. Doy.

Nominus Experse
11-23-2006, 03:00 PM
The movie seemed dull until the part about Double Jeopardy Lesbian Couples: that made me laugh.

And like most, I can take a joke. Many times, I make jokes directed at me. If you cannot laugh at yourself and what you may do, then you best lighten up a tad.

Jess
11-23-2006, 11:09 PM
I'm not easily offended, I like insulting jokes! :jess:

Vincent, Thunder God
11-24-2006, 01:14 AM
If they make it funny enough, it only offends me a little bit.

You really are the serious one aren't you, my friend? :)

That was making fun of women, but it was also in good taste, as most women would admit. There's a lot of humor at the expense of men, and we put up with it, because we know it's just a light-hearted joke.

I found it quite funny.

Frozen Phantom
11-24-2006, 03:22 AM
ROFL...simply rofl

Jessweeee♪
11-24-2006, 03:28 AM
Nah....it just makes it that much funnier to me.

Frozen Phantom
11-24-2006, 03:30 AM
oh yeah...I forgot the to answer the question....

for me, I do get insulted easily, first I laugh, then I realize I've just been insulted, then I result to violence

41-Inches-Wide
11-24-2006, 03:54 AM
Ack. It stings like a joke.

Nasarian Altimeros
11-24-2006, 07:32 AM
The anal sex one was better.

Actually, that probably wasn't by the same people who made this one, but the point stands.

The Captain
11-24-2006, 08:46 AM
That was highly amusing.

As for insulting, it's a real tightrope walk. Since I work with comedy a lot, part of the process is about trying to find things that will create a reaction, because above all else, when someone react's to your work, they are thinking about it. If it means perhaps offending them, so be it. As Brecht said: "All great art MUST offend because only when you offend do you break down any walls and get through th the person."

Now, do you consider offending and insulting to be the same? Some might, but I tend not to. I see offend as doing something that causes a reaction to a situation that oftentimes would be kept silent about or at least more PC. Insulting though, is blatantly saying something not for the reaction but to invoke a negative response. Sometimes, offending can invoke a positive response, but it might take a moment while the sensibilities adjust. South Park for instance is a perfect example of something that I think offends but doesn't always insult.

Still, good taste comes into question. Kramer's outburst for example, well, that speaks for itself. It wasn't funny to me, and I'm sure it won't qualify as comedy, and it did insult, so he crossed the line and I think most would agree. Still though, the line is always moving, from person to person, audience to audience, even place to place, time to time.

Take care all.

Giga Guess
11-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Very little offends me. I laugh at racist, sexist and homophobic jokes all the time, so long as they are A) funny, and B) not seriously intended.

Agreed. It's intent that bugs me...not the words.

Roffle...Double Jeapordy PMS...*snicker*

Bunny
11-24-2006, 02:14 PM
I think YouTube was blocked at my work or something, I can't view the videos. I'll watch it later though.

And I don't care enough about anything to be offended at all.

VengefulRonin
12-04-2006, 02:23 AM
lmao, awesome vid

Nothing much offends me unless someone directly insults the music i listen to or my friends...thats pretty much it.

Jowy
12-04-2006, 03:00 AM
It takes quite a bit to offend me.

Spammerman
12-04-2006, 03:31 AM
Im not easily over-offended. If someone tlaks about people I care about, like my close friends, im a little offended. Peopl ecan talk about me all they want though. Also, Im a bit offended when Im stereo-typed.

Vermachtnis
12-04-2006, 03:32 AM
Bwahahaha that's hilarous! I loved it.