PDA

View Full Version : Most Shameful Album

Nominus Experse
11-23-2006, 02:24 PM
In your music collection, what record happens to be the most shameful? The one album that regardless of the reviews it recieved, you bought (or downloaded) and continue (or did) enjoy. Or perhaps it is the album that is ridiculously steeped in nerd-ness...

Mine would have to be Bonepeeler by :wumpscut:

The album is highly regarded as one of his worst albums, but I cannot help but enjoy it... It's shameful in many ways since I am such a :wumpscut: guru and fanatic...

I also have all the music from the NES Blaster Master...
:sophia:

It drives my girlfriend mad to hear NES signature "doops, beeps, and boop boops" composing songs.

Roto13
11-23-2006, 03:44 PM
That I actually wanted? When I was 13 I bought a Backstreet Boys album. O_o'

There's nothing I listen to now that I'm ashamed of, though.

ama124
11-23-2006, 03:46 PM
Anyy boy band like Nsynce or backstreet boys cd. Basically any pop band.

I was young :(

And the same, theres nothing now i listen to that is shameful

Pete for President
11-23-2006, 03:58 PM
A Limp Bizkit album. Haven't listened to it in years thankfully.

Ignisaurarigo
11-23-2006, 04:07 PM
I don't have an shameful album seeing as every bit of my music has been stolen from my Dad or compilation albums :) -yeah I'm a cheapskate - but somehow I've ended up with "if you ever" by east 17 :mad2:
Really not sure when I picked it up, but I'm going to have to delete it now, get back to Iron Maiden:love:

Bart's Friend Milhouse
11-23-2006, 06:08 PM
The winner of the original Big Brother series made a single and I asked my mum to buy it for me. I don't waste my time with Albums

Captain Maxx Power
11-23-2006, 06:29 PM
I think having a NES soundtrack is pretty dope. Then again my levels of geekery can match that of Necrocopter on a good(?) day.

Anyways, perhaps my most shameful CD is probably either one of my Greenday or The Offspring ones. Considering I'm a complete convert to the ways of Groove Metal, having anything pop-punk based seems like a waste of carbon atoms.

Xander
11-23-2006, 07:21 PM
I'm not ashamed of any of my music, old pop music, game music, or what I listen to these days. :) And yep that includes the backstreet boys and limp bizkit.

charliepanayi
11-23-2006, 07:28 PM
Any of my albums by Sheryl Crow or Coldplay - by my usual musical rules I should hate them intensely but somehow they've dodged my logical processes. I still listen to them so can't say I've buried them somewhere either XD

K. H. Kid
11-23-2006, 07:32 PM
I have the first two c.d.s of Brittney Spears and N'Sync. I've forgetten where I hid them for all eternity but I am still a shameful whore who deserves to be punished.

Sylvie
11-23-2006, 07:54 PM
When I was a stupid little bitch, I bought all the Good Charlotte albums and an Avril Lavigne album. What the hell. I'm going to sell them.

BarelySeeAtAll
11-23-2006, 09:22 PM
well, i have an enrique cd *shudders* makes me get a chill go up my spine just to think about it

The New Kid
11-24-2006, 12:22 AM
I usually off my most embarassing albums to my younger, less musically inclined sister (Good Charlotte, Bowling For Soup, etc.) There is, however, one CD that refuses to be redistributed. This would be Will Smith's album, "Big Willie Style". I received this as a gift from my parents, so it was technically my first CD. I don't say that when someone asks me though (except now). :) I would later redeem myself by purchasing the first Gorillaz album.

White Raven
11-24-2006, 01:31 AM
The Pokemon original soundtrack.
The one that had the opening theme and the Pokerap on it.

Yeah, I went through a long phase when I was a kid and was a Pokemon-fanatic. But I admit that I can still go along with the Pokerap word for word.

:)

Jessweeee♪
11-24-2006, 03:02 AM
That I actually wanted? When I was 13 I bought a Backstreet Boys album. O_o'

There's nothing I listen to now that I'm ashamed of, though.

When I was in 3-5 grade...I bought pretty much every Nsync and Backstreet boys album there was x.x

Oh, god...why would I do that?

To be popular I suppose...

LunarWeaver
11-24-2006, 03:05 AM
I own Now That's What I Call Music 7... it's like a huge orgy of every album you'd ever be embarrassed to have.

Paro
11-24-2006, 03:07 AM
When I was a stupid little bitch, I bought all the Good Charlotte albums and an Avril Lavigne album. What the hell. I'm going to sell them.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good luck this that.....

Meat Puppet
11-24-2006, 04:29 AM
I think bananimals had a lot of bad stuff said about it by those folk. You know the ones. I’m not too savvy with that whole deal. I really like it, nevertheless.

Wolf Kanno
11-25-2006, 08:10 AM
I like all of my music, though if I were to list all of my music albums, most of you would say they belong on this thread...

My favorite one to mention? The Cardcapter soundtrack...The ENGLISH Cardcapter soundtrack...I love it so:love:

El Bandito
11-25-2006, 09:27 AM
ABBA Gold: Greatest Hits. I loves me those Swedes.

And you know what? I'm man enough to admit I still listen to it every now and then. I don't think 70's pop gets any better.

Ichimonji
11-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Digimon The Movie album. It was sweet at the time, but most of the music is outdated now. I'll still pop it in for nostalgia purposes, however I keep it out of sight when anybody comes over.

Muse
11-25-2006, 01:46 PM
I still listen to my Pokémon soundtrack. It's actually pretty good music, and catchy songs. xD

Larahl
11-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Argh, I have the soundtrack of musical drama I used to like.
Now, after I grew up, I have no idea how I could like something so bad.

Rusty
11-25-2006, 02:48 PM
I used to love the Backstreet Boys. If they did a reunion tour, I would be tempted to go. Call me crazy.

Oh, first CD I ever through out was 'Starburst - Get Your Juices Going'. No idea what I was thinking.

Roto13
11-25-2006, 02:57 PM
They're still together, you know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backstreet_Boys

Breine
11-25-2006, 04:05 PM
I actually have a Spice Girl album... Please kill me :eep:

Muse
11-25-2006, 04:41 PM
I actually have a Spice Girl album... Please kill me :eep:
As do we all. They were pretty big that year, 1996/97. :eep:

Skogs
11-26-2006, 08:17 AM
I own three Nickleback albums.

The shame... :eep:

Sylvie
11-26-2006, 08:32 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good luck this that.....
Just to let you know, some people do listen to Good Charlotte and Avril Lavigne. So its not that hard to sell, smartass.

Oh, and if you came to this thread just to bitch and be an asshole just because I bought some Avril and GC albums when I was 11, I just wanted to let you know that nobody thinks you're cool because of that.

Rusty
11-26-2006, 10:04 AM
They're still together, you know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backstreet_Boys

But, sort of apart. Kevin left the group and Brian went off on a solo career.

fire_of_avalon
11-27-2006, 05:04 AM
I am not ashamed of any of them. But I definitely own a Backstreet Boys CD. :)

Se-davvero-esiste
11-27-2006, 05:06 AM
Probably my AFI CD...or Evanescence...hmm...I'll go with Evanescence.