PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday

Tifa's Real Lover(really
11-23-2006, 03:06 PM
its tomorrow, black friday is when all the prices have a huge price drop becuase its the first day of christmas shopping or something

are any of you participating in black friday?

if so what are you getting?

im getting a video ipod for $50! :D

RiseToFall
11-23-2006, 03:07 PM
God No.

Nominus Experse
11-23-2006, 03:16 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_friday
Here, the day after Thanksgiving is called Blitz Day, or Blitz Friday

And no, I probably will not buy anything

ama124
11-23-2006, 03:44 PM

ahh so jealous :D . I want my ipod for cheap like that. I got mine for $300 ;__;

I would go but i cant get a ride from anyone because my mother is working and i dont have much money to spare so i guess i can't :( .

rubah
11-23-2006, 04:09 PM
I am seriously planning to go to staples (The way I figure, everyone in town will be at Wal-Mart) and getting a $8 1gb flash drive, a $40 external 60gb harddrive, a $3 package of 60 dvds and a free surge protector.

SammieBabe
11-23-2006, 04:22 PM
I normally go shopping, but I won't be this year...

Roogle
11-23-2006, 04:24 PM
Do prices really get lowered on Black Friday? I would think that the businesses would want to charge more and make it look like there is a large sale going on to sway the consumers into shopping more heavily.

Regardless, I do not buy Christmas presents and I have no intention on shopping on a specific day of the year known entirely for its high consumer volume.

Chemical
11-23-2006, 06:26 PM
Black Friday/Blitz Day doesn't exist here in the land of snow and polar bears.

All the price drop happens -after- Christmas, Boxing Week.

Alive-Cat
11-23-2006, 06:27 PM
I didn't have this last year when this thread was made and by golly I still don't have it now. :nonono:

NorthernChaosGod
11-24-2006, 04:42 AM
I kind of want to go, but I won't be.

What size and where?

Shoeberto
11-24-2006, 05:04 AM
I want to, but at the same time, I don't know of any deals that appeal to me, nor do I feel like fighting crowds just to browse. Also the whole money thing.

Miriel
11-24-2006, 05:10 AM
I really really REALLY hate dealing with crowds when I'm shopping. I end up getting pretty upset and anger boils inside me. So yeah, I've completely avoided black friday for as long as I can remember.

XxSephirothxX
11-24-2006, 05:15 AM
I'll definitely be asleep around the time all the soccer moms are waking up to go out to get the best deals at 5 am. I saw a few deals that were really good in some advertisements, but the closest places I'd go to get them (such as Best Buy) are at least 45 minutes away. And I'd hate to deal with the crowds, and blah blah blah. Mail in rebates suck, too. So down with Black Friday.

Frozen Phantom
11-24-2006, 05:29 AM
black friday is a dark dark day, I won't set foot in any store tomorrow.

Jigsaw
11-24-2006, 05:29 AM
I'll be leaving for Home Depot in about 4 hours to camp out so I can get a drill for 30% off (with mail in rebate).

Avarice-ness
11-24-2006, 05:31 AM
I have work at 7am AT MACY'S no less. I should be asleep but I can't sleep so I'm here... But seriously.

PLEASE DO NOT SHOP TOMORROW AND I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!

I'm sure when I go in at 7am, I'll be bombareded right then, and that sucks more than anyone can fathom. :(

Jigsaw
11-24-2006, 05:32 AM
Any good deals at Macy's?

Yamaneko
11-24-2006, 05:33 AM
I value sleep over savings.

Jigsaw
11-24-2006, 05:38 AM
But you can sleep any day.

Yamaneko
11-24-2006, 05:45 AM
I value it that much.

Avarice-ness
11-24-2006, 05:48 AM
Any good deals at Macy's?

No, not really, We started all the 'sale' on Wednesday, some how half the population knew and I sold 3000$+ worth in a total span of 2 and a half hours.

The only -really- awesome one's are in the home store, so if you need home related things that's the sale to get, as for clothes and such. Macy's is a tightwad company, puting a shirt 30% off when the original price is 89$ isn't that cool of a buy if you ask me.

Jigsaw
11-24-2006, 05:49 AM
Do you get commission at least?

Avarice-ness
11-24-2006, 05:51 AM
Do you get commission at least?

Nope, Only Cosmetics, Fine Jewlery, and Women's Shoes get them.

I'll be in Accessories(Cheaper Jewlery, Watches, and Purses), and Prolly 2 other departments as well, they tend to move me around alot because I've been there for a while and know half the store. Atleast I get a lunch/breakfast at 9 or 10... I work till 4 though.

Jigsaw
11-24-2006, 05:57 AM
You should just fool around then. Like, put little notes in the purses that say "The secret treasure of Macy's is hidden under the third women's shoe display from the left." Or put the watch cases in the display so that they spell out something.

Avarice-ness
11-24-2006, 05:59 AM
You should just fool around then. Like, put little notes in the purses that say "The secret treasure of Macy's is hidden under the third women's shoe display from the left." Or put the watch cases in the display so that they spell out something.

Oh don't worry I plan too, I said I'd work extra hours to help them get signs up and what not on Wednesday, then everyone abandoned me and I had to deal with 6 disgruntled customers while the lady with me would not help what so ever, so instead of staying two hours later I stayed an hour an 15 minutes. There's a good chance I'll just mark things down to get customers to shut up. :razz:

Freya
11-24-2006, 06:48 AM
PLEASE DO NOT SHOP TOMORROW AND I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!

Am I loved then? If Avarice-ness loved me then i'd feel special.

I try to avoid shopping around this time period. I really hate to drive in traffic and with all the people out preparing for holidays and everywhere for black friday, it just makes it worse. I HATE traffic, only time I get road rage, lunch hour and rush hour.... stupid traffic, stupid holidays, stupid "fake" holidays (ie black friday).

Shlup
11-24-2006, 07:25 AM
My husband is opening at the computer store he works at. Just him and one of his friends. Should be hillarious.

I'm sleeping in.

Yuffie514
11-24-2006, 07:55 AM
i'm going to be at the mall early next day to buy some new/used video-games. otherwise, i rarely get up early to go shopping.

The Captain
11-24-2006, 08:39 AM
I am getting the heck away from all shopping malls.

Take care all.

NorthernChaosGod
11-24-2006, 09:05 AM
Man, I see that a lot of people hate dealing with the crowds. Normally, I would be the same, but on days like this, I revel in it.

To be perfectly honest, I'm an asshole. That comes totally in handy on a day like this, I will push, shove, punch, most anything really. You can get away with so much. :cool:

Sylvie
11-24-2006, 09:18 AM
To be perfectly honest, I'm an asshole.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
11-24-2006, 03:49 PM

What size and where?

30 gigs, i didnt get one though:(

NorthernChaosGod
11-24-2006, 10:42 PM

What size and where?

30 gigs, i didnt get one though:(

Damn, I want an 80 gig. :(

Avarice-ness
11-24-2006, 10:46 PM
Just got back from work and I had been there since 7am, and in my department (purses and Jewlery) the busiest time of the day was 7am. xD

Had a good day though, just sleepy. :razz:

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
11-24-2006, 10:49 PM
Hah, I stayed home, and my mom got me an mp3 player over the internet. <3 :bounce:

kikimm
11-24-2006, 11:02 PM
Not going out. I would like to....maybe I will later. But I can't spend any money anyways. I need to buy Christmas presents! And everything that I need to buy for people has to be bought online, and that's cheap anyways.

rubah
11-24-2006, 11:09 PM
I went out, and Staples was completely sold out of the things I wanted, so I went home and did the sensible thing: ordered them off the online store. (except I was asking my dad if he thought we'd still get the rebates, turns out you do, I filled them out immediately after ordering, and I missed the chance to get the 60gb harddrive)

Have to wait a while for them to get here but it's free shipping, so~.

edczxcvbnm
11-25-2006, 07:08 AM
I got the following.

Nike Sneakers
Dr. Scholes Shoes (Present for someone to give me)
FFXII
My Cousin Vinny (Present from me)
Platoon (Present from me)
Terminator 2
Terminator 3
Alien
Anger Management (Present from me)
Civilization IV (Present from me)
Size 8 knitting needles
2 balls of purple yarn
7 gigantic balls of blue yarn

Yes...I am knitting now. I am starting off small with a purple scarf...then moving up big into a blanket(gigantic scarf....I guess). Then maybe in a few years I will be ready to make that big leap into making a sweater. Damn my Mom rocks at this. I swear she was going so fast when teaching me that the yard was smoking and nearly caught fire.