PDA

View Full Version : Can Jessica Alba Act?

The Devil Man
11-23-2006, 06:35 PM
The other day i was watching Fantastic Four and there were two recurring thoughts going through my head.

The first was: Man Jessica Alba is frickin' HOT! :hyper: :drool:

The second was: Man, Jessica Alba is a Bad Actress :( :crying:

She's really gotta be one of the worst actresses I have ever seen. I used to watch Dark Angel for a couple of episodes and she sucked big time in that too.

But, yeah. What do you guys think?

Fatal Impurity
11-23-2006, 06:38 PM
hey she rocked in dark angel!...as for everything else your guess is as good as mine lol

N8V_Tidus25
11-23-2006, 06:39 PM
As long as she stays in the back and dances I have no problem with her acting.... (sin city) :D

Bart's Friend Milhouse
11-23-2006, 06:40 PM
No

and I'm not gonna cry about it either

RiseToFall
11-23-2006, 06:42 PM
I thought she was ok in Sin City. Otherwise, no.

McLovin'
11-23-2006, 06:43 PM
Hot Latina babe.

But did you see her at the MTV Video Music Awards? Awful.

Breine
11-23-2006, 06:44 PM
Well, she was very good in Dark Angel back in the days and she was alright in Sin City. Other than that I don't really know - I can come up with actors/actresses much worse than Jessica Alba.

N8V_Tidus25
11-23-2006, 06:57 PM
lets just say "better than some, less than others"

Fatal Impurity
11-23-2006, 07:25 PM
Well, she was very good in Dark Angel back in the days and she was alright in Sin City. Other than that I don't really know - I can come up with actors/actresses much worse than Jessica Alba.

yeah like meg ryan *must kill*

Burtsplurt
11-23-2006, 08:09 PM
It's kind or irrelevant to me. :) Even if she gives an Oscar-winning performance, I'm not going to be focusing entirely on her acting.

But she's not bad. I thought she was pretty decent in Sin City, and she wasn't as bad as Paul Walker in, um, that film with the water and the treasure. I can't remember what it was called. It was that good.

Miriel
11-23-2006, 08:18 PM
No, I don't think she can act.

I also don't think it's a lack of determination or anything. I think a lot of people confuse the desire to act with the talent to act. Jessica Alba does not have the talent.

The Captain
11-24-2006, 08:16 AM
That's a very interesting point Miriel.

Seeing as I've only seen her in an episode of "Entourage" where she was essentially playing herself, and I believed that she was indeed Jessica Alba, I'll need to see more of her work before I can give a good opinion.

Take care all.

Araciel
11-24-2006, 09:27 AM
don't know...sometimes it's hard for me to recognize poor acting skill, sometimes it's very plain for me to see....thinking about jessica alba doesn't send up a warning flag of bad acting in my mind...but that's probably because all of her performances are pretty much forgetable, like in the case of sin city where the rest of the film was so well-executed that i didn't care, or in a movie like idle hands or fantastic four, where the movie was so bad that bad acting is either expected or i was already numbed by the crappiness of what i was watching.

Rusty
11-24-2006, 09:42 AM
I think she has abs worth the envy of everybody and is indeed gorgeous - but no, I don't think can act. I don't even think she takes herself seriously as an "actor". Her roles certainly don't represent any talent she may have for acting.

Polaris
11-24-2006, 11:40 AM
I like Dark Angel :( Ok she's not brilliant but her part at that serial was good... I haven't seen her on the other films!

Fatal Impurity
11-24-2006, 01:23 PM
dark angel was ACE!!! her acting in other things isnt so much bad acting but rather bad scripts and bad roles...

Muse
11-24-2006, 01:29 PM
She is not the best actress, but at least she's not as bad as Brigitte Nielsen.

Breine
11-24-2006, 03:47 PM
She is not the best actress, but at least she's not as bad as Brigitte Nielsen.

Word! I shudder at the thought of "Red Sonya"... brr.

nik0tine
11-24-2006, 04:09 PM
It doesn't matter if she can act or not. Her hotness overrides that.

kikimm
11-24-2006, 05:48 PM
I used to think she was awesome back in Dark Angel, but that was when I was like 11 or something. So obviously I wasn't paying attention that. :D I also used to think she was really, really beautiful, but ever since she went way tan and blonde, yuck.

farplaner
11-24-2006, 06:45 PM
That "treasure island" movie she made with Paul Walker was one I knew enough to stay away from, because I knew it would be crap. Yet, when my brother suggested it at the video store, I had no objections.

It was worth sitting through the inept-ness of it, for the opportunity to see her in a bathing suit with her butt front and center.

I mean, you realise that the only reason that movie was made was because of the various eye candy involved?

They could just as well have had the same cast playing naked croquet for two hours, and it would have done just as well.

Sefie1999AD
11-24-2006, 08:05 PM
She's decent, I guess. There have been actors and actresses whose performances have been weaker than hers. Her role in Sin City wasn't that bad, either.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
11-24-2006, 10:53 PM
yeah she wasnt bad in sin city...its just she hasnt chosen movies that show off her "acting talent"!

oh i dont know...shes hot!