PDA

View Full Version : PAL or North america???

Omega_Weapon
11-23-2006, 07:50 PM
Which version of ffx is better??? I've heard that PAL has a lot of advantages and I've heard there are some disadvantages?? Which is better??? Do u need a PAL ps2 to play PAL FFX????

Enjolras
11-23-2006, 09:30 PM
PAL has the Dark Aeons and Penance (the optional Superbosses of the game) a more complex Spheregrid, and some differences in some of the Aeon's Overdrives. It's up to you whether you think this is better or not. And i'm pretty sure you need a PAL Ps2 to play the PAL version, which might be tricky to get your hands on if you're in NA.

Mirage
11-23-2006, 10:06 PM
PAL consoles play PAL games, NTSC consoles play NTSC games. Why would there be different versions of the game if all consoles could play the same games?

You could of course circumvent the regional lockout with a modification chip, but those are apparently illegal in the US now. Thank the DMCA.

Dragonface
11-24-2006, 11:41 AM
Why not try putting a PS2 emulator on your computer (one with a DVD Drive). I got myself a NTSC Playstation game (Never has a PAL version) so I Download a PSONE Emulator (one that has a PAL/NTSC cap) and some require plugins. Incase you want to know what game I said above, its Parasite Eve (Not PE2).

Mirage
11-24-2006, 12:24 PM
There aren't any good PS2 emulators available yet, most can't even get further than to the title screen of the games. Furthermore, they require rather powerful computers.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-24-2006, 02:48 PM
i think the PAL version is better cos thers nothing in the NTSC which isn't in the PAL (as far as i'm aware)

btw, ur all criminals!!!! :D i can't believe a law-abiding citizen such as i is hanging around with u scum! :D (rofl)

Mirage
11-24-2006, 03:32 PM
In the NTSC version, it doesn't look like you're running around on the moon.