PDA

View Full Version : your bassline, shooting up my spine, got me feeling fine

Xander
11-23-2006, 07:56 PM
What are your favourite bassalicious songs, recommend some here :D

Me - Vibrate by Mr Scruff, anything by Pendulum, but Another Planet is my favourite song I think, and Oxygener's Auf Wiedersehen Monty (Monty Is Alive) Remix. But I need more choons. :(

Pete for President
11-23-2006, 09:53 PM
No-one, no-one (I say no-one!) can beat the bass in Frontier Psychiatrist, by the Avalanches. Turn your subwoofers up and you'll get blown away.

Greenday's Longview has a cool bassline, but it won't tremble your ears.

Shoeberto
11-23-2006, 09:58 PM
No-one, no-one (I say no-one!) can beat the bass in Frontier Psychiatrist, by the Avalanches. Turn your subwoofers up and you'll get blown away.
Really? I never really seemed to pick up on its bass all that much.

Get Your Snack On by Amon Tobin has some mad bass going on.

Paro
11-24-2006, 02:57 AM
(Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth by Cliff Burton. The best bassline I've ever heard.

The other members of Metallica were looking for a replacement to their current bassist, Ron McGovney. According to their liner notes to "Garage, Inc.", they attended a show by Burton's band, Trauma, and heard what they thought was a wah-wah guitar solo. After wondering where the guitarist was (one was not present on stage), they discovered it was Burton playing his famous solo, (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth, on his bass guitar through a wah-wah.
Burton agreed to join on the sole condition that Metallica would relocate from Los Angeles to the San Francisco Bay Area. He believed the music scene in Los Angeles was "too plastic."
During their tours, Burton deliberately exposed the band to a variety of music styles ranging from The Misfits, Pink Floyd, and Thin Lizzy, to legendary classical pianist Glenn Gould playing Bach.

nik0tine
11-24-2006, 04:12 AM
Bela Fleck and the Flecktones - Sinister Minister

krissy
11-24-2006, 04:21 AM
squarepusher - tetrasync

/thread