PDA

View Full Version : I can't do it! [itty bitty spoiler]

Jessweeee♪
11-24-2006, 02:04 AM
I was flipping through my strategy guide for FFX and when I got to the Mushroom Rock section, it said I can change it so Gatta dies instead of Luzzu.

It says I have to talk to Gatta twice and pick the second option both times. I tried it (and I got the same choices both times, actually) and I couldn't do it anymore, so I figured that's what I was supposed to do.

It didn't work.

I've tried it on three separate play-throughs (yah...I've been through this one a lot) and Luzzu always dies.

:confused:

Rostum
11-24-2006, 04:21 AM
But, isn't Gatta in FFX-2? So how can he die?

Jessweeee♪
11-24-2006, 04:31 AM
Gatta?
In FFX-2?
Where?
I don't remember!
Are you mistaking him for Clasko, or Yaibal?

Laddy
11-24-2006, 05:06 AM
:'( Sorry, call me a college-kitty freak, but I don't wanna kill Gatta, i...erm.. feel bad for him...

Jessweeee♪
11-24-2006, 05:18 AM
I killed Luzzu 13 times x.x

Enjolras
11-24-2006, 06:53 AM
Maybe it's a misprint and you have to choose the 1s option twice? Maybe a possibility?

Jessweeee♪
11-24-2006, 07:32 AM
hmm...never thought of that...
I'm looking around at online guides and getting mixed answers.

Tavrobel
11-24-2006, 08:08 AM
Second option twice, but you must not have spoken to anyone else previously, nor can you speak again to Gatta after those two questions. Avoid Save Spheres.

Also, neither Gatta or Luzzu are in FFX-2, because someone (yeah, I'm looking at you, Internet!) figured out that you can kill both, which is not a glitch. Yaibal does not appear in FFX, only in "Eternal Calm" which was released along with FFX International. Clasko doesn't die in either game.

Playing a game three times through is not defined as "alot." Try at least forty-seven, if not more.

Jessweeee♪
11-24-2006, 08:14 AM
wat? who said three?

When you say both, do you mean at the same time???
Hmm. Okay, let me see if I have this right.
To make Gatta die...
1. Do NOT talk to Luzzu
2. Pick the second option twice when talking to Gatta (btw are the options the same both times?)
3. Don't talk to him at all afterwards

Tavrobel
11-24-2006, 09:03 AM
You did.

Yes.
Correct.
Of course.

Enjolras
11-24-2006, 10:16 AM
I'm interested to hear the results of this, as i didn't manage to kill off Gatta either. Of course, I didn't know about the other requirements.

IceAngel
11-24-2006, 11:40 AM
:'( Sorry, call me a college-kitty freak, but I don't wanna kill Gatta, i...erm.. feel bad for him...

Lol me too. On my most recent playthrough I killed him accidentaly. Oh well at least you get to see Wakka hit Luzzu :)

No.78
11-24-2006, 02:35 PM
I wanted to see the bit where Lulu hit him, that would've been far more entertaining.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-24-2006, 02:42 PM
i'll second the notion that there is in fact a misprint in the piggyback guide. u can talk to whoever u want it doesn't alter anything.

if u want gatta to die tell him to go out and fight instead of staying at the post both times. then u will find gatta where u usually find luzzu and u will see luzzu at djose temple.

i dunno how to do spoiler tags :D so if u want me to tell u what happens during ur encounter with luzzu, either let me know i can post it here anyway, tell me how to do spoiler tags or PM me.

BG-57
11-24-2006, 03:06 PM
When creating or editing (in go advanced) a reply, highlight the text and hit the button that looks like this: :eek: (it's in the second row on top of the text window, far right side).

Jessweeee♪
11-24-2006, 04:00 PM
Do you mean to read them? You just highlight the text.

Oh...and I said thirteen btw. I've got too much time on my hands.
I'll give it a try...but on my current file I already passed it x.x

I'll have to be patient.

farplaner
11-24-2006, 07:09 PM
Yeah, after reading a few incorrect guides on the matter, and never once having Luzzu die, I just said screw it.

Gatta, your fate is sealed...

Renmiri
11-25-2006, 06:58 PM
You have to advise Gatta to go to the beach instead of telling him to stick to hos post. I think.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-25-2006, 08:21 PM
ok, thanx to BG i can do spoilers! w00t! so here's happens.

Tidus gets way more upset wen he encounters gatta than he does wen he finds dead luzzu (HA! luzzu is not loved!:D). wen u run into luzzu at djose temple he blames wot happened to gatta on himself, and kicks the wall real angry with his foot (grr!). wakka then jokingly tells luzzu he needs to beat on him some more.

these events also affect wot hapen in other screenplays, such as gatta appearing in one of the final screenplays wen u see a shot of besaid (i think it's wen spira starts singing the hymn). gatta is replaced with luzzu obviously.

i think thats all :D

Laugh at face of Danger
11-26-2006, 04:15 PM
TEH GUIDE BOOK IS WRONG! Pay attention more to the screen than the little book in front of you.

tidus_rox
12-01-2006, 05:12 AM
Maybe it's a misprint and you have to choose the 1s option twice? Maybe a possibility?

this is correct becuase this happend on my copy and my freinds copy! :D

hplvr
12-01-2006, 05:28 AM
yeah guides are ALWAYS wrong, ive known, since sometimes in the FF12 guide it tells you that the boss is either really slow or easy, when you get there however, its the most hardest boss fight you fought
and there are tons of misprints in guides, ive tried using the 1st option twice and it worked
its a shame that one of them has to die tho, but if Gatta Luzzu when you get to Djose, he kinda....... freaks out on the temple

Simen
12-02-2006, 03:55 PM
I was flipping through my strategy guide for FFX and when I got to the Mushroom Rock section, it said I can change it so Gatta dies instead of Luzzu.

It says I have to talk to Gatta twice and pick the second option both times. I tried it (and I got the same choices both times, actually) and I couldn't do it anymore, so I figured that's what I was supposed to do.

It didn't work.

I've tried it on three separate play-throughs (yah...I've been through this one a lot) and Luzzu always dies.

:confused:

Why do you want Gatta to die instead of Luzzu?
They aren't as important characters, anyways.
I wouldn't really bother. But it's cool if it's true.